“Very nice and fantastic service”
Review of The Harrington Inn

The Harrington Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fremont
Durango
“Very nice and fantastic service”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I am part of an international medevac team. My team brought a patient to a town close to here and we stayed at the Harrington Inn. We were picked up from our aircraft by the proprietor, Lou and brought to the Inn. From the very first moment we arrived it was wonderful, comfortable, the most friendly place to stay! The rooms are huge, the location is excellent, and the service is second to none. Thank you Lou for making my team comfortable last night. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Steven S
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We want to thank each of your four medevac team members for choosing the Harrington Inn and being such wonderful guests. It was my pleasure to pick you up at the Fremont Airport and to learn more about your work on the brief ride to the inn. I know you have a very busy schedule and taking the time to write a review is greatly appreciated. We do look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. Lou M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As retirees we travel a lot to visit family and friends, staying in many different hotels. Never have we had such a clean, luxurious, and well-appointed room--even in much more expensive hotels! Having asthma and allergies, cleanliness in a hotal room is a must, and we've never been in such a pristine environment. Maybe it's just because they are renovating and everything is new--but I hope they'll keep the place as immaculate as it now is. The staff was friendly and helpful,too. We especially liked the "green" features such as the corridor lighting, which appeared to be motion-activated, with ceiling lights that only came on as we entered and walked down the corridor, and the use of real dishes, mugs, and utensils at the breakfast bar, saving the planet from paper and styrofoam garbage. The building doesn't look like much when you drive in, but wait until you step inside! We'll be back to this great hotel on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa M
, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you Teresa choosing to stay at the Harrington Inn and for your wonderful review and recognition of the thorough work by our staff. Cleanliness and friendly service are always stressed in our meetings. All rooms have a double check. I have been seen under a sink with a white shirt or black sport coat, then checked to see if there are any soiled areas on my clothes (results are 100% in favor of my housekeeping staff - They are wonderful!). In 2011, a total energy reduction program was completed with a replacement of all lighting, installing motion dedectors, and new room heating/cooling units as part of our total renovations, reducing our energy needs by 40%. Not being the relaxing type, if we are fortunate to have you as a return guest in the future, you will see even more guest enhancements. Your comments will be shared with our great staff. - Lou M
Newton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Since my daughter and her family has relocated to Fremont i have visited there often. We always stay at the Harrington. We have been treated with nothing but friendliness and helpfulness. The rooms are immaculate and the new beds are heavenly...Again the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy S
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Kathy, we are pleased that your sister's family chose to locate in Fremont and that we have the opportunity to provide quality lodging during your visits. All of our improvements that have been completed are aimed at providing greater value and comfort to our guests. Your comments regarding our staff are appreciated and will be shared with them. We look forward to your return visit. Lou M
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I checked into The Harrington Inn last night, after a very long, exhausting day of driving. Upon check in, I was greeted by a very smiling Mallory, who I had spoken to an hour earlier. She informed me of an upgrade to a suite, which really made my day. Luxurious, well appointed room, and the grounds were immaculate. If I ever find myself in this part of Michigan again, I will absolutely stay here again.Thank you Mallory, for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James_C1967
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Our entire staff appreciated your comments and it was nice of you to mention Mallory by name. There is much to see and do in less than an hour's drive from the Harrington. We welcome you back when you are in the area. I can promise you that you will see even more guest enhancements. Although all of our rooms have 360 sf of space with the finest in pillow-top mattresses, triple-sheets, and many other guest amenities, we do have a number of even larger rooms of the type that you received with Jacuzzi tubs and/or fireplace units. If available at the time of check-in, we often suggest an upgrade to one of our "State Rooms" with no additional charge. Thank you for your review. Lou M
Leslie, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was our second time staying here. The first time the owner Lou chatted with us - always a good sign of a well-run establishment. The rooms are large and immaculately clean. The bed was very comfortable. There was a leather loveseat, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, and iron. We appreciated the automatic entry doors. They recently added laundry facilities which are a plus. The continental breakfast is good - they have a terrific selection of teas. I'd like to put in my request for boiled eggs and grapefruit. The only real complaint I have is the chlorine smell of the bedding and towels. The Inn has everything you need. The attention to quality and amenities is impressive and we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank go4north
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your return stay. We are pleased that you again had an enjoyable time and that you appreciated some of our recent guest enhancements. I am sorry I missed you during your stay. As we do not use any chlorine in our washing process, I will inform our product agent of your comment for an assessment. We have never had a request for grapefruit before, but that can certainly happen! On arrival, please let my front-desk staff know that you would like to have a grapefruit for breakfast. It will be waiting for you in the morning. Although we currently offer egg and sausage and egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches, along with a variety of cereals, breads and fruit, other offerings may come in the future. Anxious for you to return to see additional changes that are in the works. On behalf of our staff, Lou M.
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This Inn has truly become a home away from home. Upon check in there is a large cookie and your choice of coffee or tea. All rooms are on one level and the public room has tables for eating breakfast and a very cozy couch placed in front of an inviting fireplace.

The beds are equipped with Lady Americana mattresses and the most comfortable one I have ever slept on, and I travel a fair amount!

My room was exceptionally clean and neat with excellent lighting and the air was adjusted to my liking.

Breakfast choices are varied from bagels to yogurt, cereal, two juice choices and fresh fruit. Coffee was good and I liked the variety of teas.

Room Tip: I prefer the ones straight down the hall from the check in desk as it furthest from the ice machine...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pupgnolc
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review. The goal of the entire staff is to provide real value to any guest seeking quality lodging at a reasonable price. To do so, each room is furnished with the finest in pillow-top mattresses, two comfortable chairs, flat-panel TV, refrigerator, microwave and DVD. All local and national calling and wireless service is FREE. When leaving home for work, family or travel, relaxing in a clean, comfortable room is the best way to end the day. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Lou M
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I agree with Bob and Gayle. This was a delightful experience and I must say I was surprised that a small town in northern Michigan would have such charming accommodations. Could be because Gerber is nearby?

The staff were professional and friendly. The rates were competitive. The rooms were large and spacious; full of amenities. Even a microwave oven, a 32 inch flat screen LG television and a DVD player! Everything seemed new. The bed was very comfortable and the leather couch was a surprise also. A very comfortable room. I will definitely stay there again as my business interests will take me to Fremont in the future. I would heartily recommend this hotel if your visit takes you to Fremont or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank eansor
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is the comments received from our guests that drives today and provides guidance for the future. We have made many improvements since our purchase on July 1, 2010, but it important for us to stay tuned into our guests. The majority of our guests are in the area for commercial purposes. Quiet comfort in a nice environment is high on their list of desires. However, we have not forgotten those guests who desire an even larger room with a fireplace, wet bar and Jacuzzi tub. We certainly look forward to and welcome your return. As we have contractors here as I write, you will see even more positive changes on your next visit. Lou M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#4 of 12 in Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to The Harrington Inn? Share your experiences!