“Wow. Unexpected genius in Frankfort.”

Stormcloud Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Frankfort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Stormcloud Brewing Company opened in June 2013 just two blocks from Lake Michigan in the lakeside town of Frankfort, Michigan. A small brewery specializing in Belgian-style brewing, Stormcloud offers 16 taps in addition to a full, locally-inspired menu of flatbread pizzas, small plate appetizers, soups/salads, charcuterie plates, and specialty popcorn.
“Wow. Unexpected genius in Frankfort.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We came here because my husband loves craft beer. I would say he is a bit of a beer snob. Not only was he impressed, but I was as well. The beer was magnificent. Usually I like one or two on a sampler... I liked all 4 of the first 4 I tasted. The rest I could appreciate even though I am not a fan of the style. Husband loved everything.
The food was great. Large "board" was an impressive array of cheese, locally grown tomatoes, and pepperoni. Loved it, and the kids (9 & 6) had good selection and meals too.
One of our favorite places on our trip. We will go back any chance we get.

IL
“Great little Brewery”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A nice new addition to Frankfort. Micro brewery with a very nice selection of food. Beer selection was excellent for place this size. Pizzas were terrific and they had some other food selections that will please everyone in your party. You order everything at the bar but they deliver it all to your table. Nice Courtyard.

Gainesville, Florida
“GREAT addition to the neighborhood!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Frankfort really lacks quality, exciting drinking and dining establishments - especially compared to other Lake Michigan towns. The addition of Stormcloud is a huge plus for Frankfort! The building itself is awesome and there is even a large outdoor patio! Ordering at the bar feels very European and allows for people to chat while waiting in line. Fun selection of beer - not in the top tier of Michigan beers but not bad either. All Belgian style. Fun menu including many flavors of popcorn but we have not tried the food yet. Looking forward to many summer nights on their patio - hope they make it!

Visited August 2013
“Best bar in Frankfort”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I really hope this place survives in downtown Frankfort! It had an impressive number of brews on tap that were really tasty. I had one that's brewed with honey that was the perfect summer beer and my husband had a great chocolate stout. They give you tastes of as many beers as you want to try. The outdoor area is a great place to relax with friends. It feels like a beer garden with picnic tables and Adirondack chairs.

Visited August 2013
Eastport, Michigan
“Nice new addition to Frankfort”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped for a light dinner after looking at the menu. It is no extensive, but has a nice mix to accompany brews. Flatbread pizzas, little bites, assorted popcorns and special items. We started with meat board. Sliced salami, cheese, cracker, marinated grapes and nuts. We also tried warm prentzels with beer mustard. Mustard was very good, with a bite! Meat board was outstanding. Next was a flatbread pizza. We picked a veggie with assortment of local seasons choices. Was very good. I had a flight of 4 beers, most were excellent. A micro brewery is a place where you can experiment with small samples to see what you like. Many reviewer will say beer was bad, thta may be your taste and choice. This is where you can findout which you like easliy. Service was good, the place is still new and they are still working out the bugs. All in all a very pleasant experience, I will return & recommend it to family & friends.