“A true Blessing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankfort
Blessings by the Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Frankfort B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently had the most wonderful experience at a Bed and Breakfast Inn, and felt that I need to share. After a very difficult several months at work as a health care provider, I needed a place to just get away to. I found an Amazing B&B called Blessings by the Beach up in Frankfort, MI. It took 3-1/2 hours to get there, but when I finally arrived all stressed out and tired, I was met with a warm smile and a glass of wine. The Inn Keepers (home owners) Candace and Paul Sorensen, were very knowledgeable about the area and delightful to talk with. Truly warm and kind!

As soon as I walked into this gorgeous home, I was almost instantly transformed from a frazzled mess, to a layed back "Beach Nik". The entire house is decorated in a relaxing, casual beach theme. There are lovely pictures, paintings, and inspirational messages all around, lovely furnishings, and an ambiance that floods your mind and senses with childhood memories of sunny days spent at the beach.

My room was the smallest of 3, but it was more than adequate and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfortable and the fine linens were soft and luxurious. The entire place was uber clean, which for me, is a huge issue!

The breakfasts were scrumptious. There was always fresh fruit, juices, coffe, tea, yogurt, granola and cereals, bagels, and a different hot dish each mornig that would awaken me out of my sleep to tantalise my taste buds.

The Inn is 1/2 a block from the beach and there are beach umbrellas, beach chairs, boogie boards, bicycles, floaties & other beach must-haves available at no charge! Also, there is a nice library of books, games, and puzzles to entertain all age ranges.

Downtown is only a few blocks away. There are several one of a kind shops, eateries, bakeries, pubs, and other specialty shops. There is a great Kite shop where you can find all kinds of kites, flags and banners. One of my most favorite places is on the other side of the marina, is called the Trick Dog Cafe. Yes, you can order a fantastic fresh ground cup of coffee as well as shop for one of a kind pieces of art work, whimsical furniture, sculptures, clocks, and so much more. I spent about 2 hours just looking at all the unique items. It's a great place to buy gifts, which is exactly what I did.

The trip to Frankfort and staying at Blessing by the Beach was just what the doctor ordered! I truly look forward to my next visit there. Anytime I can get away, that's where I will be!

Frances from Bay City

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Frances V

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Blessings by the beach is indeed a suitable name! Pulling up to the B&B I was taken aback by the beauty and the perfection that had been created. I recall smiling and thinking to myself "Good Job" as if I had done a great task deciding where to spend my weekend.

It's difficult to have a starting point to talk about, but I feel I should thank Candace and her family. They are delightful, engaging, outgoing and helpful! Whatever I needed Candace was there to help and assist. She provided me with valuable information about the area, let me taste her home baked strawberry pie, and even gave me some ALOE for my sunburn. You feel like friends and can easily see yourself sitting on the front porch talking to them. Talking of the front porch, it is spectacular! They recently added it and boy did they nail it. Great furniture, nice use of colors, and ample room help add to the dimensions of the house. I found myself sitting out there playing cards one of the nights it was storming, and it was delightful especially with the candles they light up. What really caught my attention was the attention to detail and the modern twist of a B&B they have incorporated.

The rooms are very nicely decorated with the rooms being simple and clean with almost a minimalistic theme which works wonderfully. The rooms are well stocked and the bedding is beyond what I expected. I could easily have slept in, but you can't once you smell the breakfast being cooked! The meals were scrumptious and on-point. I recall her strawberry cream cheese French toast which was pleasant. There is an array of food options as well, so you are always starting the morning off full and happy. The setup is attractive and practical. Frankfort is a great town to visit. The beach is lovely (2 minute walk), and you have another beach right across the bay that is out of this world! Downtown has several restaurants, ice cream shops, a book store, bakery and even a cinema. If you enjoying golfing there are several courses in the area, and sleeping bear dunes is a short 30 minute drive up. I fell in love with the town and am already looking forward to going back. Lastly another great feature is that they have bikes, beach towels, and even a 2 person kayak you are allowed to use.

The house is phenomenal, the family is a delight, the beach is magnificent, and the town is unique. Blessings by the beach will surely be on my list to visit again..hopefully soon!

I applaud all the work Candace has put in to making this B&B outstanding. She has a fresh twist and a great eye for style which clearly shows. As wonderful as the beach and town is, Blessings by the beach is the real charm.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nadi T
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for three nights on our vacation. Blessings is located in an ideal spot. It is less than a block from the Frankfort Beach and Pier (one of the nicest I have ever been to) and two blocks from downtown. The house is beautiful (I would describe as clean and modern beach chic) with a wraparound porch and sun deck. The chairs are very comfy and she has created lots of little "nooks" for reading a book or playing a card game. The resident dog, Kia, is a love and enhanced our stay greatly. Breakfast was always very tasty with great attention to detail. We stayed in the smallest of the guest rooms (the Sea Glass Queen). It was a little cramped, but the bed was very comfortable. We were so glad to be able to snag this room that we didn't really care that it was on the small side, but given a choice would have rather stayed in one of the other two larger rooms. The hostess, Candace was great, and made us feel very welcome. I have never stayed in a B and B before and this place exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is really a bed and breakfast and is in a perfect location in Frankfort and managed by a very nice couple. It is a block (or less) to the beach and about two blocks from town and the marina. The beach there is beautiful. It is about a 40 minute drive to Sleeping Bear Dunes, with beautiful scenery along the way, including gorgeous Crystal Lake. The breakfast was excellent and she even had vanilla creamer for my coffee, which I usually carry with me but had forgotten. There is a beautiful wrap around porch and 2nd floor sundeck. This B&B was very clean, absolutely lovely and exceeded my expectations. Twenty minutes the other way is Arcadia, with an age-old lookout that I had forgotten about from my youth till I crested the hill and saw it - the views are fabulous. Arcadia also has an excellent (though pricey) golf course if you are a golfer. I was there alone because I was visiting family about 30 miles away, but I had a great time and would like to go back with my husband and my adult children.

Room Tip: I did not see the room in the back, but I believe it's the biggest. The king room upstairs is r...