“Nice place to eat at”

Dinghy's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Frankfort
Cuisines: American
Description: Casual family restaurant famous for in-house smoked meats including Dinghy's famous ribs. Fresh soups daily. Pulled pork BBQ sandwich, French dip, Sandwich of Your Dreams, salads, steaks, and the legendary Betsie Bay Burrito.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent 3 days in Frankfort this week. Our first night we ate here. We tried Stormcloud Brewerty first but didn't like the menu so we went here based on the recommendation oc one of our friends with us.
had about a 30 min wait on Sunday night, but was able to sit at the bar. Very friendly staff. Had a drink and visited with the bartender and staff. About the time we were ready to orber another round we got seated. Wait staff is very friendly, and recommend several things for us. I had a burger and had the upgrade that included jalapeño and pulled pork per waitress suggestions. It was fabulous, everyone else has the taco salad.
If your in the mood for good food and friendly service, stop in and enjoy.

1  Thank Michael K

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Dinghy's is right in Frankfort. They seem to specialize in smoked and BBQ'd meats; the chicken was very good as was the brisket in the French Dip sandwich. We were only in town one night, otherwise we would have returned to try other items on the menu. There was a wait for tables so we sat at the bar; the staff were friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We've been vacationing in Frankfort for several years now and find that Dinghy's can always be counted on to deliver a meal that pleases most everyone in the group. My family has tried the pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, turkey legs, sweet potatoe fries and chicken wings - all of which were very good. My personal favorite is the strawberry summer salad, which has an amazing strawberry dressing that I absolutely have to figure out how to make myself. The only thing I haven't liked thus far is the coleslaw - a little bland for my taste, but I've had much worse. All in all, this is a well run restaurant - plan to arrive early in the summer - place is on the small side and a crowd can be counted on at peak times.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

While visiting Frankfort we wandered into Dinghy's. It was packed. Dinghy's decor and atmosphere hasn't changed in probably 30 years and it was charming. Tables are really close to one another. The service was very good as was the food. We enjoyed excellent homemade chicken salad, a pulled pork sandwich and a turkey leg. While all the food was very good, the turkey leg was exceptional. They smoke their own meat. If you want some good, home cooking, this is a good selection.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Was there last summer with locals who recommended the Friday all you can eat fish fry. A bit of a wait to be seated (get there early, well before 5 pm) but it was the best I've had in a long time. Coleslaw and fries were great too. Wonderful service considering how crowded it was. Friendly, happy, boisterous atmosphere. Will make a beeline back there when I get back to Michigan and try some other dishes there as well.