“Best chicken fingers, but long wait and a little expensive”
Review of Bayview Grille

Bayview Grille
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Frankfort
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a full service restaurant with a beautiful view of Betsie Bay. Outdoor dining and a full bar.
Apex, North Carolina
“Best chicken fingers, but long wait and a little expensive”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Accommodating to our group of 8. Very long waits for all customers on food, but must say it was worth it (and it wasn't nearly as long, or uncomfortable, as the wait at A&W). We all enjoyed our meals, but next time I'll certainly order the chicken fingers my kids ate. Absolute best chicken fingers I've ever had. A little on the pricey side for a diner-type menu/atmosphere. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013

Cadillac, Michigan
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had seen this restaurant on a local television dining show, so since we were going to Frankfort we included it on our itinerary. I had read the reviews, but I like to try things for myself.
I cannot compare my experience with others because we went after Labor Day and the bulk of the tourists had left already.
We ate on the patio with a nice view of the bay. My husband had a BLT and I had the crab cake sandwich, we both had sweet potato fries. The food was delivered promptly, and was very good. The wait staff was friendly, and the entire experience was very good.

• Visited October 2013
Morton Grove, Illinois
“Best Menu in Frankfort”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a week of eating at all the local establishments I can confidently recommend Bayview as the best overall choice for a relaxing lunch. The menu is varied with the best selection of appetizers I've seen in the area including the once ubiquitous now hard to find whitefish dip. We ate here 3 times and I enjoyed 3 entirely different meals. The cherry chicken salad was the best salad I've had locally. The fish tacos were great and the pulled pork sandwich was excellent - far superior to the offering down the street. It even came with a selection of sauces in squeeze bottles so you could flavor it to your taste. Sandwiches come with the choice of regular or sweet potato fries or tater tots. The sweet potato tots seemed better in theory than execution but the fries were good.

Only negative really was the slowness of the service. Even though we weren't in a hurry, each time we ate there we were ready to chew our arms off with hunger before the food finally arrived. Also, we ate outside in the screened front porch to enjoy the view and the weather but the interior was so overly air conditioned I don't think I could have been comfortable inside.

• Visited August 2013
Muskegon, Michigan
“Recommemded by another restaurant and we had breakfast here...”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Husband had the best pancakes ever here...real maple syrup, too. Staff was friendly and no wait for a table but it did get crowded over the 45 minutes we were here. Sausage was good, could smell the herbs in it, perhaps sage? Staff said they make their own on-site. This was a first-time visit and will be back when passing through the area. It looked like an art fair was setting up across the street but it turned out to be the usual Saturday morning Farmer's Market along the sidewalk of the city beach front park. A wonderful start to a cool, sunny, fall day, in Frankfort.

• Visited September 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Mixed”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've visited the Bayview Grille twice under its current management. We have really enjoyed some of the food; others are average. Service is rather slow, and prices rather high.

Visited May 2013