“Nice touches during a snowy January stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Nice touches during a snowy January stay”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Made a reservation 2 months prior to celebrate my "sisters" January birthdays. Stayed here once before years ago and got the "suite". Because we waited to go during the Frankenmuth Snowfest, the price was much more, but that was the best weekend for us. We arrived with a warm and welcoming smile from the front desk who promptly took care of getting us situated and keys to our room. Pulled up to the front door and used a lugguage rack to bring all our things in at one time. Our room was on the 4th floor, first one as you entered the hall, which was very convenient to the elevators, pop and ice machine too.

Included with your reservation at this hotel is something they call the "Kickback" time, where they had a huge buffet of food that included pasta, salad, meatballs, soup, hotdogs, veggies & dip, chips & salsa, fresh popcorn, something for everyone. PLUS, you got a coupon for 3 adult beverages that included wine, beer, margaritas, martinis, and the house special Maxwell Special (the bartender made this up and it was fantastic). Actually the bartender was so much fun. When he found out it was a birthday weekend celebration, he took a break from his station and announced to everyone in the whole area that we were celebrating and continued to sing Happy Birthday, took pictures, etc. It enhanced our visit so much with all their interaction and kindness.

Enjoyed their warm indoor pool and hot tub, while it was subzero outside, very nice feeling. After a good night sleep in the very clean room and comfortable beds (even the pull out bed that I slept in was very comfy), we woke up to a fantastic breakfast. Again many choices from eggs, sausage, homemade waffles, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal... The hotel was definitely sold out, all the people there were totally enjoying their visit.

Will come back again... hopefully next January.

Room Tip: Suite is great if you need more space or have 4-6 people. Has two tvs in two rooms with a bathroom...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DreamItToday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Drury Inn again; The rooms are nice, the staff is nice, and if you happen to be scared of elevators (as I happen to be,) it's worth noting that they have a nice smooth shaft-driven elevator and a wide open staircase. The food is pretty average hotel food, but they do have amazing waffle irons that pretty much rock my world. The food happened to make me extremely ill one night, but since this is my third drury stay and nobody else was ill, I'll chock it up to the fact that I'm a weenie.

There were only two things that bothered me, and considering everything bothers me that isn't too bad. The first is the shampoo/conditioners provided. They're attached to the shower, which I love... But I really think they need to step up the product. I don't mind cheap shampoo and conditioner at all, I'm a pretty big Suave fan... But whatever they have, it leaves my hair extremely dry and unclean feeling. It's been the same product for all three of my stays, and I need to remember to bring my own next time. Most hotel shampoo is at least usable, but these guys just... na.

The other thing is some grime. I need a spotless hotel room for a 5 star rating, no matter how fancy or how budget the hotel. Our room was overall clean, but had a lot of grime build-up around all the faucets which could easily be addressed. If those two things change for my next stay, I think we'd be looking at an excellent rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katy M
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Don't hesitate to stay at the Frankenmuth Drury Inn. Great employees and wonderful clean inn. We were surprised by the fact that evening meal items were served along with free beverages. A hot breakfast is also served. Great value!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here on Christmas Eve due to the ice storm in genesee county! I must say this hotel was very nice. Friendly staff,clean rooms,clean pool,night time snack was far beyond a snack,free popcorn and pop until 10,and on top of all that 3 free drinks per guest over 21!!!! We was very upset that we had been forced out of our home during Christmas week due to no power,it was a long 7 days with no power and have kids to drag around from hotel to hotel(hotels were booked, we couldn't find one to stay at the full time). But this hotel and staff made it a little easier. Breakfast was Hugh and the ladies running the kitchen were GREAT!! They never once complained about working on Christmas,and they was dealing with people that were grouchy and stressed from being in a hotel on Christmas! You guys are Awesome and thank you for your hard work for us on Christmas!! Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

So the title pretty much says it all. It's a chain budget hotel with the same amenities, perks, sights and smells you've see at every other chain hotel you've ever been to. But it's at the top end of those for sure. It's very clean, staff is friendly, and you really can't beat the location as far as a stay in Frankenmuth is concerned. Easy walk ability to everything.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric L
Idaho
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean. Has a great hot breakfast with lots to pick from. Happy hour was nice but there are way to many people in such a small space trying to get food and drinks. Hot tube and pool area was nice. Overall great place to stay while in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the Drury Frankenmuth for our annual shopping trip. I really enjoy staying at the Drury, the staff is friendly the rooms are nice and it is right in town. I was surprised as they renovated since we last visited. Great improvement to the eating area (flow is much better). What I was really surprised with was the service during "Happy hour" and breakfast. Normally they were good with keeping food stations topped up, this time the food options were better (more selection) and the manager and the two bartenders were great! They really interacted with the guest and stopped by the tables to check on the guests, it was a really nice touch. I am a big fan of the Drury and this just sealed the deal for me. During our stay and my wife's "Bed inspection" she found something on one of the sheets and called down to request new sheets. A staff member was up in our room with in five minutes (shocking) I have had very bad experiences with other (high end) resorts and terrible service where I would expect a quick response. She stripped the bed and remade it and also gave us a discount on the room. This is our go to when we visit Frankenmuth, I would really recommend a trip to Frankenmuth it is a great little town with lots to see and do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hugh792
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!