Just spent the weekend here for a quick mother/daughters get-away and it was wonderful. This hotel is small but mighty. Packs quite a punch in the value and quality department. I traveled with my 4 year old and 7 year old daughters so I really appreciated the evening happy hour appetizers and popcorn (and booze for me, ha ha). The appetizers are not puny - they are very generous in size - almost like the sampler platter at TGI Friday's (mozz sticks, chicken tenders, potato skins, etc.) The breakfast in the morning is fantastic as well! Make-your-own waffles, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, english muffins, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, coffee, juice, milk, etc. All were very tasty!
The front desk staff and breakfast attendants were very kind and professional. The gentleman that worked at the desk Saturday morning 9/28/13 went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. He noticed that my 4 year old spilled her orange juice all over the table where we were sitting at breakfast. I cleaned it up with napkins but it was still sticky so he came over to wipe the table down. My daughter was crying (she felt bad that she spilled the juice everywhere). We were done eating and ready to check out and leave when he stopped us at the front desk and gave my daughter two pink balloons to cheer her up. How cool is that? What a nice thing to do! Now THAT'S what I call customer service.
We stayed in a suite (room 221). It was small but completely updated - everything from newer carpet to nice firm beds, modern bedding, granite looking countertops in the bathroom and separate sink/fridge/microwave area. The room was nice and clean and I liked that the shower head was huge and instead of bottles of shampoo laying everywhere, they use dispensers in the shower filled with shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel.
This hotel is in a great location if you want to be near the heart of things on Main St. but not right next to Zehnders. I think Drury Inn is the very last hotel on the strip at the North end? It was nicely located next to a little pharmacy/general store which came in handy when my little one needed medicine for a tummy ache. TIP: If you want to stay more near the Birch Run stores, stick with hotels right off the freeway exit and Dixie Highway. I wasn't interested in BR so I chose downtown FM instead.
Bottom line...WOW. Great little hotel - you can't beat the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as "Little Bavaria", Frankenmuth is a German-inspired tourist destination less than an hour from Saginaw Bay. Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth is in the center of the celebration on Main Street, surrounded by Franconian style shops and restaurants. Free hot breakfast and evening 5:30 Kickback® - free hot food and cold beverages - are included with your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Drury Hotels Company, LLC so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth Hotel Frankenmuth
- Drury Inn And Suites Frankenmuth
- Drury Inn Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Drury Inn
- Drury Frankenmuth