“Very nice, overall.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Romeo, Michigan, United States
“Very nice, overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The only negative comments I can make are quite trivial. The rooms are slighly small but, very clean and comfortable. They offer a full hot breakfast which is very nice. They also offer free appetizers and three free drinks per evening per person. My issue with this is ....they only offer these ammenities until 7:00 pm. So, i rushed back to my room and flew downstairs at 7:06. The "freebies " were already packed up and put away. It would be nice to have that exended until at least 8:00 pm.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Theresa E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Painesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here just one night on our way back from Mackinaw Island; have stayed other times & loved it - this time was no different but I do have a few suggestions! The FREE 530-700 cocktail hour is wonderful! We so enjoyed having cocktails & talking to the many other people in the hospitality room. The breakfast was great also although the pastries were stale tasting & I wish there was a better selection of them but then again I have a big sweet tooth so I was disappointed in the selection! There are many other hot items to choose from - this hotel has a BIG continental type breakfast - definitely the best around!
We had a King suite & for some reason there was no hand soap in the bathroom. Just the soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower. Why? I guess I could have called & asked the desk but since we were just there for one night I didn't bother! Also the bathroom door shuts automatically & is so heavy it will not stay open even if you try to prop it open! Pain in the butt if you have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of night because than you have to turn on the light otherwise the bathroom is pitch black! Lastly, I know the rooms have recently been remodeled but our bed was very soft & not too comfortable. I'm not sure if the beds have been updated but if not, they need to be. My back hurt when I woke up & after staying in a less expensive hotel the previous 5 nights & waking with NO back pain, I was little disappointed especially since I paid double for Drury Inn Room compared to Baymont Inn room!
All in all I would stay here again just hope they tweak things a little!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in March for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The room was spotless and the service great. Everyone there was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great and then free appetizers (a pleasant surprise) later in the day was excellent. Didn't have to go out for dinner. I will absolutely stay here again and we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BRAMPTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times and have found in both instances that this is the best value for your money. The rooms are spotless, the service is great and the location for golf or shopping ideal. The free breakfast is excellent, plus the free appetizers is actually a meal in itself, not need to go out to dinner. The happy hour included 3 drinks per person, which was a bonus.

The room we had was a good size considering we got the room with the king bed, good size bathroom and good closet space. The pool and hot tube was small but enjoyable and most of all clean.

The shopping in is close by either downtown or 7 miles away at Birch Run. Golf courses area are very good and not expensive, we went to Timbers for a round which was 23$ with cart (senior rate).

There is also a Tim Hortons next door to the Inn. We love Frankenmuth, will be staying at the Drury Inn's wherever we can.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thetat
Collingwood, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here May 24-26 for Dog Bowl 2013. We had our Golden Retriever with us. We chose the suite, which was great in terms of layout and space. The people in the joining room had 1 or 2 dogs and they left them often which resulted in the dogs being distressed...non stop barking and crying....we advised the front desk of the stress that the dogs ere under and they contacted their guardians......problem solved. We also took advantage of the free food, snacks and drinks! The room was very clean. The hotel is in easy walking distance of the all of the great shops and restaurants.
We will absolutely stay here again and we recommend this hotel to our trip advisor visitors.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurac35
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was the first time staying at The Drury Inn. The hotel was in great walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. The room was very nice and a decent price, they have free appetizers in the evening along with free pop, coffee and popcorn. Their free breakfast is also amazing, they have anything you can think of and it was always full and hot. This hotel was perfect for my husband and I because we like to travel with our dog and they were very accommodating to that. We would defiantly stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be perfect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PinkDiamond2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at this location on trip to bring my mother home for the summer. Was a last minute reservation (on the phone) and the woman that assisted us with the reservation was very helpful and willing to review the various price options available. Drury Inns are one of my favorite chains to stay in when traveling (especially with my dogs) as they are pet friendly, offer a 'kick back' break (basically supper) and a very good breakfast. They have carbonated beverages available in the lobby (along with popcorn) for self use. The room we stayed in had two queen beds that were some of the most comfortable I have slept in when traveling. While the bathroom is small (VERY SMALL) it offers a toilet and bath/shower in a compact space. I must admit that I do prefer more space in my room than my bathroom! The amenities they offer are located in the shower (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel) and the scents are pleasant without being overpowering. I have allergies and have had no problems using their products. The room had a nice sized closet for an extended stay and large flat screen television, coffee maker, and free WiFi! A bus tour was at the hotel that evening, but there was plenty of seating in the dining room (both evening and morning). Staff was friendly and attentive. During both meals the cooks/servers came to our table to ask if everything was oaky, if we needed anything, etc. I will definitely stay in this property any time I am in the area and encourage anyone visiting Frankenmuth to stay at this location!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BamTamOK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
Comfort Inn Birch Run
Comfort Inn Birch Run
#5 of 7 in Birch Run
4.0 of 5 stars 245 reviews

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!