“Great Deal!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
London, Canada
“Great Deal!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We chose the Drury Inn for two reasons; ranked the best accommodations in Frankenmuth and the fact that both breakfast and a light dinner, (plus 3 alcoholic beverages - we only had 3 between us), were included in the price. We were greeted by a very cheerful young woman and given all the information we needed about what was available during our stay.
The room was very clean and comfortable - had a great king size bed and large flat screen television with many channels. The inn is within walking distance of all the shopping in the town.

Room Tip: We noticed a 'flyer' in the room that was advertising a 'winter' special rate which...
2 Thank Lovemanatees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Ridgetown, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife, mother in law, my niece and i stayed at the Drury Inn Nov. 17-18. Check-in was the fastest i've ever seen....no more than 2 minutes and we had our room cards. I was really impressed by the staff at this hotel. They were very professional. We had 2 rooms next to each other on the 4th floor. Both rooms had king size beds, 37" TV's, refridgerators and coffee makers. The beds were very comfortable and there were several pillows to use.

As for the food, i liked the breakfast food more than the kickback food. But they were both very good. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and waffles were delicious. Kickback had baked potatoes, chicken strips and hotdogs. I drank their beer and red wine. The dining area is a bit small. I noticed some people took their food back to their rooms because there were no more tables available.

This hotel also has a small swimming pool and hot tub. My wife found the water in the pool to be somewhat cold so she got up to her thighs in water then got out. My niece and i swam for a half hour then we all got in the hot tub for another 30 minutes of relaxation. My mother in law liked this hotel so much that she wants us all to go back in May of 2012 for 2 nights. We also did some pre black friday shopping at Bronners, the Birch Run Outlet and at the Genessee Valley Mall in Flint. We're looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauralee44
Livonia,MI
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We booked two nights (Sunday & Monday) at the AAA rate of about $95 a night (including tax). Our room was very clean and suprisingly quiet, seeing as it was right next to the elevator. The evening buffet actually ended up being our dinner both nights, as we had gorged at lunchtime elsewhere (!!!). It was crowded both evenings, but you can always take your food back to your room if there's no seats available. The weather was pleasant enough to walk to the shops, and I HIGHLY recommend the Funships chocolate and wine shop that is only about a block and a half away. The Frankenmuth Brewery was good, also, but was very crowded on Sunday. The free breakfast was okay - my only complaint would be that the coffee was pretty weak. Walk to one of the coffee shops nearby for the "hard" stuff. The pool and hot tub were fine - pool is not big enough to do laps, though.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again - the staff were VERY friendly and they offer some good deals on Sun-Thur stays.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, which even though the elevator goes to "5", looked to be the...
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kelivonia
Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay. Very friendly staff, extremely clean rooms. In room coffee. Shower has wall mounted dispenser with shampoo, conditioner and body wash. We booked two nights in Frankenmuth. One at the Drury, and the second at the Spring Hill Marriott. We ended up cancelling our second night at the Marriott and returned to the Drury. The evening food was excellent, though not gourmet. It was extremely crowded. The breakfast was probably the best we've had (that was included with your room) with a wide variety, which consisted of; fruit, 4 cold cereals, hot oatmeal, biscuts, sausage gravy, sausage patties, french toast, scrambled eggs, yogurt, donuts, muffins, bagels, toast and waffles. The only negative comment I have is concerning the pool. A previous poster mentioned an "adult only" swim time from 10-11. As it turns out, this is a weekend only thing. They really need to make this available 7 days a week. No offense to young families and their kids (we were there not too long ago) but when a couple takes a trip to get away for a few days, they don't want to spend it with other people's kids who scream and splash when they are in the pool.

2 Thank rkitek
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My favorite place to stay in Frankenmuth. Extremely clean, reasonable rates and friendly staff. They have a great hot breakfast buffet (free), an evening hot food buffet with drinks (also free). I love this hotel and highly recommend. They also allow pets.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I wasn't 100% convinced when I booked this hotel, but out of all the hotels on the main drag it was the cheapest for what it offered. I ended up being more than happy with my choice. Everybody that we encountered was beyond pleasant. The room, while small, was immaculate. No mold, dust, etc...Sure there were some stains on the carpets, but really, it's to be expected in a hotel. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The only thing I can really complain abput is that when I leaned down near the a/c/heater there was a nasty musty smell. The fridge and microwave was an added bonus. The pool was nice and clean, but a tad bit colder than I would've liked. We never got a chance to try the 5:30 Kickback or breakfast because of the other restaurants we wanted to try. The location was fine for us. It was a short walk to everything, but those with mobility issues may find it to be a bit far from the center of everything. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised with our choice. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to somebody else.

2 Thank saddlesorebutt
Millersburg, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I started my visit on a great note with one of the most friendly greetings I've ever received at a hotel. I got to my room and found one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in (not like the Bavarian Inn down the street full of dust and popcorn from the previous guest). The bed was comfortable. The "Happy Hour" was okay... not bad for free. The lobby was very pleasant and comfortable.
My only disappointment was breakfast. The eggs looked so fake an unappetizing, the waffles tasted like cardboard, and the granola was stale. I ended up buying my own breakfast down the street.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel or even stay here again...I would just get breakfast on my own.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ohiobedandbreakfast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!