“A sleepless night. So much for our "relaxing" getaway!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had stayed at the Fairfield here in Frankenmuth with my son last year and it was fine. The hotel was not busy at all, was quiet, and very clean. Unfortunately, I can't say I will choose to stay here again after a horrible sleepless night.

We had decided to have a relaxing getaway and everything started out fine. The hotel was clean and the beds are comfy. We were on the third floor the second door down from a very LOUD ice machine. The machine has a sign on it asking guests to not use it after 10. Well guess what? That didn't work. The walls are very thin, and the door to our room didn't seem to be a very good fit, as there were huge light gaps we could see coming from the hallway. All night long we heard people talking and laughing, and of course getting ice. With all the noise of course my husband and I couldn't sleep, but even worse, neither could my ten year old son. It got so frustrating I finally called the front desk and asked them if they could either unplug or put an out of order sign on the ice machine. I also complained about the noise level in the hall, and told them my family was not able to sleep. I was told they would see what they could do.

Why in the world would they place a LOUD ice machine right next to the rooms? I am actually writing this review from the hotel right now as I lie awake wishing I was anywhere but here. I am very upset that this is what our weekend away turned into. I imagine I am going to have a very grouchy son in the morning and we won't be doing much shopping. I'm so disappointed...

This was not worth the money we paid to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. If you don't avoid room 308 or be prepared to not get any sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Andrea S
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I am sorry that your stay with us was not up to Marriott standards, I do believe that we did however talk to you in the morning and tried our best to compensate you for this. Please if you have any further issues do not hesitate to contact someone at the front desk or even myself as we are all willing to try to do our best to make your stay with us as enjoyable as we possible can.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay, clean room, fresh sheets, warm staff. Great location of this hotel. The breakfast was hot and good. So when you are looking for a place to stay look no further, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

I would personally like to thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out our survey! I am very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us here and we do hope to see you back in Frankenmuth in the near future!

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I visit Frankenmuth on a frequent basis and we typically always stay over for a night or two. Our last visit was in August of 2013 and due to local events, the majority of the hotels were booked up. We managed to book a room at Fairfield Inn at the very last minute.

The room was both clean and comfortable, the staff was extremely friendly and attentive and the location was ideal for our weekend plans. We were directly beside Kaffee Haus, across the street from the Frankenmuth Brewery and down the street from Cheese Haus/Taffee Kitchen. The establishments previously listed are among our local favourites.

If you're looking for a standard room that simply does the trick then I would highly recommend the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Chris Toplack,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out our survey! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you back in Frankenmuth in the future!

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We got stuck in Frankenmuth overnight due to a horrible ice storm that rolled in. With two kids under the age of 3 we decided to be safe vs. sorry on trying to make the drive home (like most other tourist that night).

From our initial call to see if any rooms were available, to getting checking in and bringing us a pack and play - the hotel staff did everything to accommodate us. They made a bad situation seem easy and welcomed us with open arms.

The walls were thin as they say, you could hear the other kids running down the hall - but truthfully it didn't keep us up or bother us.

The free breakfast was great and easy, not wait for tables.

Rooms were clean, spacious and appeared to be newly renovated.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend staying on the 1st floor, that is where the restaurant, open area and pool ar...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

I would personally like to thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out our survey. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you here at the hotel on an unexpected visit. I hope you were able to enjoy Frankenmuth as much as you did the hotel and hopefully in the future we will see you back in Frankenmuth for a planned vacation with your family!

Have a great day!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We traveled into the great white north for a little outdoor winter activity, and a little shopping. We travel to Frankenmuth quite often, but this was the first time we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. We will definitely be staying again. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The room was well appointed and the beds were comfortable. We slept in and went down for a late breakfast, and were surprised that they still had everything well stocked.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank djmmalf
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Staff were very knowledgable,polite,professional.Property is very well maintained.Hotel was very clean,so was the room.Comfortable bed,nice bedding.Everything was up to date.Very nice hot tub by the pool area.Very good breakfast.Breakfast staff made sure everything was well stocked.Hot items were hot.Loved their oatmeal.Was kind of fancy.Hotel is located right in Frankenmuth.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor.It was quiet and comfortable.Hotel does not face a freeway,so any room sho...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay J
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at this inn for one evening right after Christmas. Being located in downtown Frankenmuth, it was nice to park our car and walk to everywhere we wanted to go. The front desk person, Jasamine, was excellent. Our room wasn't quite ready, but she took all our information and got that out of the way while we headed out to a late lunch at the pub across the street, which we had planned on doing anyway. When we returned, our room keys were ready.

Our room was pleasant and very clean. It was also quiet. After several hours of shopping and wandering around, it was nice to return to the inn, take a swim in the pool and enjoy the hot tub.

The continental breakfast was definitely above average with plenty of seating space.

The only strange thing was the bed. It was totally comfortable to sleep in, but the edges were soft and floppy. However, the middle where we slept was firm and gave plenty of support.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

I happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us! We do hope that you enjoyed Frankenmuth as much as you enjoyed the Fairfield Inn by Marriott and that we will see again in the near future!

Have a Great Day!

Kristen Shoemate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!