“Great Hotel ,Great fun town”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Great Hotel ,Great fun town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice, clean, friendly, good warm breakfast, great location are just a few reasons we'll go back there.You can park and walk to almost anywhere in town.We went to celebrate my wife's birthday so we had a room with a hot tub,lot's of room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of the better Fairfield inn properties I have stayed at. Excellent staff, nice, clean updated property. Nice room sizes. Easy walking distance to downtown Frankenmuth. Breakfast was pretty good. Highly recommend this property

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a nice hotel, not a lot of frills such as in-room movies, but clean and comfortable. There was a decent hot breakfast which included waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, cereals including hot oatmeal with bowls of walnuts, raisins, and brown sugar to go with it, which was a nice addition. We considered staying over another night, but our room was not available for an extra night and we would have had to move to two queen size beds in another room instead of one King size bed, and we didn't want to go through all the trouble to move our stuff, so we just went home. But it was a fairly large room and we got a comfortable night's sleep while we were here.

Chattanooga TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Posting this review as a 3 star based on the mediocre assistance by the General Manager "Kristie" after I saw her outside in the parking lot on the day we checked out.
Hotel itself and our room, breakfast and cleanliness would of gotten a 4 1/2 otherwise.
I arrived on July 15th with my 82 year old handicapped mother who can barely walk without her wheelchair to stay for 2 1/2 days for a mom/daughter get away.
A few people at the front desk "Katy" and ESPECIALLY the maintenance man "David" made our stay doable or we would of checked out and in somewhere else if not for David. He is amazing and was willing to help me always and is such a pleasant person. Keep him in your employ!!
The parking lots were being paved/resurfaced and I had to drop mom off at the front door and BACK OUT to get to the rear parking lot. Assured the striping would be done the next day and the tape removed. Then they would do the rear lot and reverse the process. So....understand a delay due to heat and humidity, but......I feel we could have received a phone call alerting us to this problem before we even arrived into Frankenmuth. At least I might have considered checking in somewhere else, due to the wheelchair issue and my mother. The next day when we returned from out trek into town, etc. I had to park nearly 4 lots away, haul our purses, purchases, etc. and stepped over taping/sprayed stripes of asphalt because I wasn't gonna go any further to reach the back door. Keep in mind-hauling all luggage over door jams, curbs and the like made me have to man handle all luggage and packages because the rear of the building doesn't have a handicap type curb. Let alone elevator being in the middle of the haul-making me go from the front to the rear and back again, repeatedly.
Back to meeting "Kristi" Told her the desk clerk had refunded us $40.00 saying this was all the computer would allow her to do and I should speak with gen. mgr. the next morning.
She was walking around the lots inspecting and just kept interrupting me while I voiced my lack of satisfaction. I asked her to look at our account and please address this problem.
Home now-No other adjustment and her lack of empathy is my entire problem.
But....the location of this Fairfield is nice and the room we had was very nice (stayed in King Executive)!! David is the best thing about this whole experience and of course the sweet little town of Frankenmuth.

Room Tip: Lots of Hotel choices in Frankenmuth.....Check them all out. Drury one block farther from main stre...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Marriott's national reservation and hotel reception staffs continue to be the best of any chain in the world. A last minute call got us a very nice room and the hotel had my information when we arrived 15 minutes later. The hotel is very full but we were accommodated and the room was in perfect order, clean, spacious, in a quiet location and very comfortable.

Located walking distance to the tourist shops and restaurants it is perfect for what we needed.

Benton, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Conviently located within walking distance to the downtown attractions. Not overpriced with clean rooms and a competant staff. A little dated but the bed was newer and very comfortable. I would definately stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TheAppalachainRogue
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I went their for a little night away and it was wonderful. Staff was amazing and location was great. We were able to walk down the main street to see everything then go right back to the hotel. I will definitly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ronna1024
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!