“Yummy!”

Davinci Italian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 41 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Frankenmuth's best kept secret for more than 40 years. Located on Main Street at Frankenmuth's north end. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come let us feed your family and dine where the locals dine!
“Yummy!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I had the Alfredo and it was so good! It even re-heated well! My husband had the Stromboli and the crust was so deliciousness! If that's the same they use on the pizza I can understand why people really like it!

Munger
“Great food”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Staff is very personable. Great food, nice atmosphere, settings for formal, business, as well as casual dining.

Visited November 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“Christmas shopping”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stopped here after a trip Christmas shopping. They have a good children's menu. I had the lasagna. it was good, My wife had a vegetable ciabatta sandwich. She said it was good. Very busy at lunchtime.

Brighton, MI
“We liked it.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were looking for something besides chicken and informal, we found Davinci's. The parking lot was full, a good sign. There was a large group of people waiting for tables at the front door, not much room for that sort of thing. We asked the hostess about the wait time and she couldn't tell us, a bad sign. Someone ahead of us asked if they could sit at the bar and took off in that direction, we decided to follow. There were a few high top tables open so we took one in the far back. There was a busser cleaning the next table and we asked her if we needed to go to the bar for a drink or would there be a server, she said a server would be back, we only waited a few minutes and there she was. She was very busy but attentive. She got us water and our drink order. My wife asked her for a Cosmo, she was a little unsure, but said, OK. I asked for Scotch, she wasn't sure what they had but went off to find out and ended up making her first Cosmo which my wife thought was good, if a little "boozy". The server told me the Scotch selection and I chose J&B,
It was Friday so the specials seemed to be fish, my wife got the perch (she loves perch), I asked what was on the seafood platter, it was perch, cod and shrimp, I said, OK. The salads came pretty quick despite the number of tables our server had and the number of people in the restaurant. The salads were nothing special, but the house dressing was a nice touch. There were two nice soft and warm rolls and butter which were good. The meals came out in short order. The perch was excellent! The cod was excellent! And the shrimp was also excellent, about ten of them, very tender and flavorful.
The table next to us got a pizza as did another table one over. Both looked good with lots of toppings and were being eaten with gusto. I think we will try that next.
Since we were in the back it was pretty quiet and no hassles, the server, although busy, was attentive and got us what we needed when we needed it. When she brought the check she said she was sorry she didn't have more time to entertain us.
I read a lot of pretty bad reviews (after we had been there) and don't understand their problem. One complaint I sure can't understand is that the menu was overpriced, have they been to the chicken places downtown?
All-in-all, we'd go back and maybe sit in the bar again to avoid some of the complaints from others.

1 Thank ontheHuron
Michigan
“Great pizza, thats about it”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The pizza here is delicious...seriously, it is very tasty. But that is about it.
We went on a Saturday night. Big mistake. We were told there would be a half hour wait for a table. That wasn't an issue, the issue is having no where to wait. Their little lobby was so jam packed. People just kept coming in and walking out. Someone else on here made a comment about people watching them eat and waiting for their table, that is exactly how it is. People stand in the doorway waiting for you to eat so they can have your seat. That sucked.
Our server wasn't very good. She was waiting on too many tables at once. That is what she kept saying to every table she was helping. My father in law loves his spaghetti spiced up, they call it Arrabbiata sauce. Any other Italian restaurant we go to has no problem accommodating him but this place just seemed so annoyed by the simple request to spice up the sauce. The server didn't even try to accommodate, she was just like "no they aren't going to make it any hotter for you". That is a great way to decrease your tip.
There was a table with two children next to us and the parents asked where the children's menu was. The same server "taking care of us" told them that there wasn't a children's menu tonight. She told them that since they were so busy they chose to have only a few simple selections available for the customers tonight. Are you serious? Too busy to offer the full menu?

So like I said, the pizza is delicious. The spaghetti was mediocre. The service on a Saturday night is horrible. I would suggest visiting during the week. Maybe then you can get a table without being jammed in a small doorway and without having people glare over you. And you can also have the full menu. I suggest a pizza take-out.