“Very expensive for a very basic and bland...”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Very expensive for a very basic and bland chicken dinner that was talked up so much! We just moved to Michigan and love the town but will not eat at the restaurant in the future. Two people for over $50 was nuts! I suspect they get a lot of people like us that see the price after being seated and just stay anyway. The sides were tiny - not really enough for one person. Soto to most of the above comments. It will be only a one time experience and we will not be bringing visiting family. Very poor business plan as they could make a lot more from return business with better pricing.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Not impressed AT ALL, supposedly this one is supposed to be comparable to the other place but it is NOT. The chicken was bland, sides were gross. We tired it a couple times hoping maybe that we came on a bad day and still YUCK! Will not return.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

The famous chicken is okay and delivered hot. This is a nice buffet to attend if you have several kids with hearty appetites. They also have other selections available in the restaurant, if needed. From a 1-10, I would give it a 7. The food just needs a little seasoning. The waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Had heard a lot about World Famous Chicken Dinners and so we had to try it once when we were in Frankenmuth 2 weeks ago. We were 4 of us and even though my daughter did not get the chicken dinner which was I think over priced for $ 20 + .....we still ended up paying $80+. My daughter had a 'sampler'. In the menu it was for $8 and when we got the bill we were charged $16. When we questioned the waitress she mentioned that the menu was for lunch ................I don't understand shouldn't she have mentioned anything about the menu being for lunch and that the dinner price was much higher???? Anyway she got it rectified but if we hadn't caught it we would have paid much more. The decor and all the wait staff dressed in Bavarian Style was quite nice an added touch was the accordian player.

To be very honest the chicken was not out of this world. Imagine KFC chicken.... less breaded. Would I go and eat there again.....probably not. One experience was enough. The side dishes were brought in small cereal bowls and each one of us got a spoonful out of that. Granted that we could have asked for more but the place was packed and to get another order in would have taken a while.

On the whole it was a different experience and we had to try it once.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Had a great family dinner on Sunday and it was fantastic. The chicken was excellent. Juicy, crunchy and flavorful. We will return for sure. The buttered noodles are to die for. I am not a cole slaw fan but theirs is by far the best I have ever had. I actually liked it and to be honest in general I hate cole slaw. The cranberry relish is awesome with the chicken and stuffing. I am craving it right now. Thanks Bavarian inn, we'll be back as soon as we can save up enough to come back from Florida. Make sure you try the German beers they have as well. I tried 2 of them and they were excellent. Lastly, try the Apple strudel from downstairs. Excellent.