“An outing to the Bavarian Inn will make any meal special.”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Bavarian Inn's service was outstanding as usual when family and a couple of friends visited Thanksgiving weekend. The Family Style dinner is my absolute favorite meal in the world and has been since I've been four - so approximately 24 years. The staff is very friendly and more than competent, and the food is nothing less than delicious. I moved to North Dakota last year and make the trip to Bavarian Inn as often as possible when I am back visiting in Michigan.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I couldn't be home to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my family so we decided to go to Frankenmuth and eat dinner as a family at the Bavarian Inn. Some of us had been to Frankenmuth but none had ever eaten at the Inn. I made reservations on-line and there was NO wait at all! Since we hadn't been there before, we decided to try the big family style dinner. WOW! There was so much food that we couldn't begin to eat it all. I lived in Germany for a year when I was first married and the food is definitly authentic. It was delicious and everyone seemed to have a different favorite. Our server was wonderful. She made us welcome and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was served family style and was refilled often. Some of the dishes I remember my German Great-Grandmother making for us when I was a child. We have already made plans to go back again next year!

Reviewed December 29, 2009

One of our annual family traditions is to eat at the Bavarian restaurant in Frankenmuth Michigan. Not only is the food fantastic, their chicken dinners are world famous..but the atmosphere is old world charming, the service top notch and the memories you make there are priceless. It wouldn't be Christmas for our family without going there. Not just at Christmas but all year round!

Reviewed December 25, 2009

We had a wonderful time in your city. Our hometown of Marshall does a fine decorating celebration, but Frankenmuth was absolutely gorgeous! We spent 2 nights at the Fairfield, did a great deal of walking to see the sights. We then had a fabulous dinner at The Bavarian Inn. Everything was done to perfection, and our waitress succeeded in meeting our every need without hovering to close. Then we wandered through the lower level shops, and we were greeted warmly by everyone. What else can be expected from the Germans! It was such a pleasant getaway for our 32nd wedding anniversary. We will be back!

Reviewed December 1, 2009

Liebe Dorothy,
Zum Gerburtstag, Herzlichen Glueckwunsch.
My Oma used to be a frequent Frankenmuther visitor. Having come from Heidelberg herself she would spend endless amounts of time here. I know she would want me to wish you the happiest of birthdays.
Her name was Susanne Trosin ("Susi"). Maybe you remember her.
Enjoy your day und alles Liebe und Gute zum neuen Lebensjahr.
Gabriele Philka ("Gabi")