“Wonderful city. outstanding restaurant and wait staff”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed December 25, 2009

We had a wonderful time in your city. Our hometown of Marshall does a fine decorating celebration, but Frankenmuth was absolutely gorgeous! We spent 2 nights at the Fairfield, did a great deal of walking to see the sights. We then had a fabulous dinner at The Bavarian Inn. Everything was done to perfection, and our waitress succeeded in meeting our every need without hovering to close. Then we wandered through the lower level shops, and we were greeted warmly by everyone. What else can be expected from the Germans! It was such a pleasant getaway for our 32nd wedding anniversary. We will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,430)

Reviewed December 1, 2009

Liebe Dorothy,
Zum Gerburtstag, Herzlichen Glueckwunsch.
My Oma used to be a frequent Frankenmuther visitor. Having come from Heidelberg herself she would spend endless amounts of time here. I know she would want me to wish you the happiest of birthdays.
Her name was Susanne Trosin ("Susi"). Maybe you remember her.
Enjoy your day und alles Liebe und Gute zum neuen Lebensjahr.
Gabriele Philka ("Gabi")

Reviewed November 28, 2009

What great memories for me to celebrate my family reunion in Frankenmuth in 2007. We stayed in the Barvarian Inn, and had a wonderful buffet prepared and served by the Zehnder family. I will never forget what a great time it was. Thank you for your dedication to making the Barvarian Inn such a success.

Reviewed November 23, 2009

Our family holiday is absolutely not complete until we spend our day in Frankenmuth and eat a family dinner at the Bavarian Inn. Family is indeed the perfect word for the style of this restaurant, and family is what the Zehnder family is all about. The idea that Dorothy Zehnder still works so many hours a week in the kitchen here means she cares, and it shows. The food is amazing, the atmosphere splendid and you can't help but feel good taking in the whole experience of the food, the town, the joy of Christmas and love of God.
Bless you Dorothy and bless the whole Zehnder family.

Reviewed November 22, 2009

Been coming to Frankenmuth since 1974. My children grew up going there and now my grandchildren. I come from a German background, so enjoy the buildings and the people. My grandchildren love the chicken noodle soup, just as my children did.

Happy Birthday and wish for you many more to come.

Karen McDonald