“Delicious food, lovely atmosphere!”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: There's something special about coming to Bavarian Inn Restaurant to enjoy a home-cooked meal. Since 1888, more than 20 million guests have returned to feast on our world-famous ?all-you-can-eat? family-style dinners.
Reviewed July 12, 2016

We had delicious food tonight, ejoyed the beautiful paintings on the walls, and found the servers dressed in authentic Bavarian clothing to be so very attentive to our needs and were helpful with offering additional portions of the authentic Bavarian chilcken dinner comple with four salads, stollen break, and potatoes, dressing, noodles and real mashed potatoes to accompany the yummy chicken and healthy veggies.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (2,669)

Reviewed July 12, 2016

My mom and I went here for their famous chicken dinner. The side dish are the best flavor in the world they taste like there actually from Germany. They have mini stores in the basement.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went in Friday July 8th 2016 and had a great meal. We both got the German dinners; I got the Frankenmuth chicken plate and my husband got the Frankenmuth plate which was a sample of Wiener schnitzel, breaded chicken, and sauerbraten. The meals came with white bread, stollen, noodle soup, cranberry relish, chicken salad pasta, beans salad, coleslaw, sauerkraut. As a side I had mashed potatoes, gravy, and baked dressing. My husband got potato cheese puffs which were amazing! The best part was the chicken by far! My husband's first time having sauerbraten and loved it. We couldn't believe it, but after all of that good, the server asked us if we wanted any refills of anything! All that food AND it was all you can eat! The food was delicious but we couldn't finish it all; how anyone orders more and finishes it is beyond me. On top of that you get ice cream with a lady in a dirndl or a gentleman in lederhosen. Very cute. Price was very good for all that we got ($54) I felt absolutely horrible for wasting what I had left on my plate but it was so much. We weren't hungry until lunch the next day! Great place and service.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

We were told even before we went to Frankenmuth to have the chicken dinner. We were not disappointed at all! Service was amazing...very friendly people. Didn't have long to wait for a table even with the crowds. Plenty of food and more! No one leaves there hungry and most with take home containers. Would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed July 8, 2016

The food was good and we enjoyed the family style dinner but the fried chicken in my opinion is not as good as locals make it out to be. The sides were much better. The young man who waited on us was nice but he really needed more training on how to serve (not reach across table, not hand plates to kids, not touch top of the glass where I will drink).

Date of visit: June 2016
KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2016

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your comments and we always use them to work toward constant improvement. I would be happy to speak with you about your visit and would really like to know more about the service so I can follow through with the waiter that took care of you. Please contact me at the restaurant at your convenience. Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager 800-228-2742 ext. 3205