“Bucket list”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed August 7, 2015 via mobile

I guess you must eat the famous chicken dinner that put Frankenmuth on the map but it is over rated. It is edible but nothing amazing. 12&under eat for kids price which is reasonable. It is off our bucket list.

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

I appreciate that we were on your bucket list! That really says something. I'm sorry the chicken was not really knock your socks off though. I would be really interested in any suggestions you would have on how we could make it better for you. Was it the seasoning or frying? If you would like to share your thoughts please give me a call at the restaurant. I appreciate you taking the time. Good luck with accomplishing everything on your list too! Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager 800-228-2742 ext. 3205

Write a ReviewReviews (2,563)

Reviewed August 6, 2015

Food is absolutely excellent here! We eat at least one meal every time we come to Frankenmuth at the Bavarian Inn.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

My husband and I had the family style chicken dinner. Really good food and lots of it! Since our daughter doesn't eat meat, she had a salad and said it was good too!
Waitress was extremely nice and friendly! The service was great!

Reviewed August 5, 2015

We've had lunches and dinners at the Bavarian Inn in the past, but on our most recent visit, the INN helped us host a private dinner party for our family and friends, while celebrating a milestone event. The family-style dinner was enjoyed by all the guests, including small children and aging adults! Multi-courses were served hot, and in a timely manner.) The buttered noodles rank highly, among all ages. Served family-style, no one could go away hungry, as empty bowls and platters were refilled as quickly as they were emptied! The flavor of the chlcken is iconic . . . a bit different than you might prepare at home. It's a flavor that keeps you returning, whenever visiting Frankenmuth.

Reviewed August 5, 2015 via mobile

We went to the Bavarian inn restraunt this past Sunday. Our waitress was nice but had a large table she was serving. They were under staff. My wife an I love sausage so we both ordered the sausage special. There were 3 different sausages and sour kraurcrout. The sour kraurcout was really good. The 3 sausages were so bad we only too 1 bite of each type. The food is very pricey and I am sure that some of the entres are delitious but not the one we had.
Hopefully they will be better staffed in the future. I am not saying don't go there but our experience was not good.

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. I'm sorry you didn't care for the sausage platter. I also apologize for your service being slow. I would like to follow up with my team about the issues that you described. Could you please give me a call at the restaurant at your convenience to give me some further details? I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you and thank you in person for bring these things to our attention. I hope to speak with you soon. Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager 800-228-2742 ext. 3205