“Family Style makes the meal so much more an Experience”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed April 9, 2015

Service is excellent-patient, helpful, and quick. I think that is a Hallmark of this establishment. Always busy, it seems, but still attentive. Portion is always large, but the most enjoyable aspect are the sides available. They allow, with the family style presentation, greater conversation and interaction, while tasting and comparing each side. That is a really great experience that will make your time here more memorable.

1  Thank Raymond L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,563)

Reviewed April 5, 2015

We make the trip to Frankenmuth and Bavarian Inn several times throughout the year. We always get the Family Style Chicken Dinner, as I have 2 teenage sons! This time, we had a exceptional server, Erica S. She was AWESOME!! It is so nice to see a woman of her age, being so polite and attentive to us during our meal! She informed us that she is making her way through college, to become a dental hygenist. Anyways, great food and atmosphere! we will always return!!

Reviewed April 2, 2015

We love to eat here as a couple or with our family. Service is always wonderful and the food is always excellent. One of our favorite places.

Reviewed March 30, 2015

We always eat here when we are in Frankenmuth! The staff is friendly, the atmosphere in the restaurant is great, and so is the food! It feels like an authentic german restaurant. We always get the family style meal and it is so good! You get more than enough chicken and sides, you also get dessert. The mashed potatoes are great. I love the chicken salad and we really like the chicken seasoning that they have at the tables. We always buy a bottle to take home!

Reviewed March 30, 2015

I have been coming here with my family for many years and have usually enjoyed it, but now it seems that the standards have fallen. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but there were a few disappointing things. First of all I don't appreciate having to ask for jam to go with the bread. That my seem like a little thing, but I have always enjoyed the stollen bread that comes with jam and when they don't even offer it to you I just assumed they didn't have any. I noticed another table with jam and so I asked our server about it, and they said that they don't offer it anymore unless you specifically ask. Why make it so hard? The buttered noodles that we always love were also disappointing. Very hard and dry. Not the way I remember. The chicken and mashed potatoes were the best part, but as a whole the meal was just not great. I wouldn't make it a point to come here anymore based on this experience.

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2015

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry everything wasn't as great as you remembered. I also hope the server was able to get you some delicious jam immediately when you requested. We always have it available for our guests and it shouldn't be difficult to request. We were just seeing so much of the jam wasted from people that were not eating it, that we decided not to serve it automatically, but rather serve it to those who really enjoy it! If you would like to discuss your visit with me I would appreciate the opportunity to invite you back and take great care to make sure everything is perfect! I look forward to hearing from you. Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager 800-228-2742 ext. 3205