“Wonderful place for lunch.”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found ourselves needing a little break from shopping so we stopped by the Bavarian Inn for a quick lunch. We were seated immediately, our server was on the ball and the food (chicken salad sandwich and the pork on pretzel bread) delivered quickly. The sandwiches were perfect and served with a small side of German potato salad and pickles. It was a good value.

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Inn Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

You should stop here if you are in town because the food is famous - and certainly all you can eat is a good deal. The ambience is really nice and the service was excellent. That said the food was rather bland heavy and salty. Not terrible and I enjoyed my meal but certainly nothing very special - sort of elevated Kentucky Fried Chicken. Recommend but not for the food.

1  Thank jamesmorton
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The restaurant atmosphere really takes you to a whole other place, which is what it is meant to do. You feel like you're in Germany. The waitstaff are in costume and they all provide excellent service. Prices are reasonable. We had a variety of foods from chicken to sandwiches. The food was good, not great, and it kind of sat heavy in my stomach.

1  Thank Rainydock
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The line starts early but it is worth the wait. Our waitress was brand new and said she was training, she did wonderful.

1  Thank jmanmi
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Everything about Frankenmuth is awesome and was an amazing visit. Stopping here for lunch was the icing on the cake. My mother and I tried some German dishes, the rouladen and the hunter schnitzel, both amazing!! My favorite I'd have to say though was the German sampler for our appetizer. Also the gentleman playing the accordion was fun. I wish I remembered out waitresses name because she was amazing as well. Can't wait to Come back!