“Better than our last visit!”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We eat here at least once a year on our yearly visits to Frankenmuth. Friday night we came for dinner and were seated right away. Amy was our server and was very attentive to us and our children. We had the all you can eat chicken and the kids had hot dogs. My husband and I only eat the chicken, buttered noodles and the noodle soup, so we had a lot of sides to bring home. We were not given a hard time about getting boxes for our "firsts" that we hadn't touched. Amy brought us individual containers with lids so that we did not have to mix cranberry sauce, gravy, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and dressing, which was nice. I always bring my own secure containers and a cooler from home, but this was a nice touch.

Regarding the take home - we never have chicken or noodles to bring, but we do like to combine our other untouched sides from the weekend in leftover containers (potatoes with potatoes, dressing with dressing, etc) and keep them in the fridge in our room. We then transport them in an ice filled cooler back to Ohio. Having all of the sides is nice over the course of the next couple of days - I use them with meatloaf, chicken, or whatever I made that night. My suggestion to families staying for a day or two is to make sure to bring a cooler and your own secure containers with lids from home to transport stuff back home with us. ALL of the sides are generally tasty, however, the noodles are the best. Thus why we eat those and ask for seconds, and never have any to bring home!

I will say - I used to prefer this place over the one across the street, but of late, I've changed my mind. Across the street is a better value...not sure why you are paying more here for basically the same food. Just something to think about if you are only choosing one place to eat. Also, make sure to show your Perks Club card here to get your rewards.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We enjoyed sampling from one of the platters and our favorite schnitzel meal was very nicely prepared
- Our waitress was also excellent!

1  Thank dave_dorscht
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Kids and I have eaten here many times, food was always good, services excellent. We ask what the vegetable is, we don't order the noodles, we get all white meat, they always get our order correct. My son loves the soup, they bring him multiple bowls, no problem. We tried Zehnder's but didn't like it at all, kids won't go back there. Everything has always been excellent. Portions are large, it's family style, but you can ask for small servings, I'm the only one who eats the dressing, so I ask for a small bowl of it, etc. Again, they always get the order correct.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

After livening in Germany for 8 years ,, perhaps I was expecting too much?? But I think NO,, the food was a HORRIBLE !! attempt at good German classics ,, the sourbraten was roast beef with sweet& sour sauce , and some kind of frozen preformed wener shnitzel , dry as the Sahara ,, and the staff needs to learn the beers menu, myself and my family were VERY disappointed , and won't be returning

Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

I have taken pride in working for this company and standing behind our reputation of excellent service and delicious homecooked meals for over 10 years. I am very sorry that your visit with us did not leave you feeling the same way! My hope is that you will contact me here at the restaurant and give me the opportunity to speak with you in person. Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager. Thank you for the opportunity to turn you into a believer!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've eaten here since I was a child and my family came to Frankenmuth as tourists, it was our place for birthdays and special occasions. Now that I live in town, it's one of our favorite places to eat! You can grap a sandwich in the roof garten or the all you can eat meal in one of the main dining rooms, there is something for everyone, including gluten free meals! Gotta Love Bavarian Inn!