“Great family experience!”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Excellent food of the home cooked variety, with top notch service. The family style meal is the best deal. A little hokey? Sure, but it's part of the fun. If time allows, catch the glockenspiel demonstration outside. For weekends and holidays, reservations are a good idea. Afterwords check out the bakery in the basement for good and unusual breads.

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Inn Restaurant

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We ordered the German lunch and were very satisfied with our selection. We especially appreciated the waitress suggesting that we order from the lunch menu as the dinner selections included more food than we wanted.
We also enjoyed the gift shops after our meal.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Since Frankenmuth is over 2 hours away from our home, we made reservations on line. We arrive about a half hour early and told the greeterl that we had reservations but were early. She told us that they really weren't very busy and seating us early would not be a problem. She then told us to take the line to the left. The line to the left was for customers with reservations and the line to the right was for customers walking in off the street. We stood in the line for 20 minutes as the 3 hostesses seated customer after customer from the "off the street line". There would be a lull in the line, and I would think "OK, now surely we will be seated" but no. Not only were we not seated, the hostesses did not make any eye contact, nor did they communicate in any way. I would have expected at the very least "We will be with you in just a few minutes" but this did not happen. After 20 minutes, my husband (who was very hungry) suggested we just go over to the non reservation line. When we did, our "cloak of invisibility" apparently was lifted and we were warmly greeted and seated immediately. The whole thing was not only uncomfortable but just plain weird. Food was OK, Table side service was fine. A week or so later I got an e-mail from a manager "Justin" asking about our experience. I reiterated what I've told all of you here. He responded within the hour with an e-mail that started off "Dear Kristen". You may wonder what the problem with that is? My name is not Kristen - not even close. This would be the end of the matter as I chose not to reply to the e-mail, but I got yet another e-mail yesterday from Justin which thanked me for my review of the Inn and gave me a link to this website and asked me to share my experience..... Well, Ok Justin - happy to oblige. It's beginning to look like issues at the Bavarian inn are a "top down" issue....

1  Thank Seasonsgrt
KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent visit. I want to apologize for the inadequate service you received, and miscommunication in our recovery efforts. I am confident that we can talk soon in person, and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make things right. This type of service is certainly below our standards and not acceptable. I have reached out through the contact information we have from your reservation that day, and I hope to hear from you soon. Your family continuing to come to Frankenmuth and the Bavarian Inn Restaurant is very important to our family! Talk with you soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is an annual stop for us!
We love the kistchy ambiance of the Bavarian Inn. That's the appeal over its neighbor for us. It is fun to eat in a Bavarian theme in Michigan's Little Bavaria!
The family style chicken meal is the best! It is all you care to eat and has multiple courses, so you always get plenty of delicious food to share!
Staff is friendly and food is delicious!

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It is one of the most rewarding parts of my job, to hear when our team is able to help create memories for our families that visit! We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The sign to the bavarian inn says "world famous chicken" it should say "world famous for emptying your wallet!" the price was waaaaay too much for that chicken. I mean it was simply mediocre. Not much better than KFC if better. The sides were decent but not "world
famous". The only thing better than average was the service which was very good. Our waitress was very friendly and got our orders quickly. But like I said nothing I would consider "world famous"

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent visit here at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant! It is our goal to serve the highest quality food, products & services. I'm so pleased that you were very happy with the service you received! Concerning the cost of the all you care to eat Family Style Chicken, we do offer a variety of coupon programs throughout the year to help. Some are available on-line, at area hotels, & in local newspapers. We also have a luncheon menu, & Roof Garten dining menu that have a variety of meal offerings and price levels. Please feel free to contact us at the Restaurant for further information. We'd be happy to assist in planning.