“Clean, Quiet, comfortable!”

The Marv Herzog Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel for a short get away for his 50th birthday. We chose a jacuzzi room with a river view. Unfortunately the Michigan weather did not cooperate for us to be able to enjoy the balcony, but the view from the room was nice. The hotel has nice underground parking with secured entrance into the hotel. The hotel itself and the room was nicely decorated and very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, had the best nights sleep I have had in months! The jacuzzi tub is in the bathroom, not huge but large enough for two people to fit comfortably. From 5-7pm they had a snack/drink area set up. They give two drink tickets per person that were good for Beer, wine or soft drinks. They had pretzels, a mixed snack and nachos and salsa to eat. The continental breakfast was also nice, eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, french toast, waffle station, cereal, muffins, toast, yogurt , juice and coffee. There isn't a pool at this hotel, but we weren't looking for one - we were looking for a relaxing getaway and that is exactly what we got. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alicat717

Reviewed March 6, 2010

Of all the hotels in the Frankenmuth region, this, I must say is the best! The members of the hotel team were wonderful. The hotel was quiet and extremely clean. The beds were as comfortable as what one would find at any upscale hotel. Great Job team members of the Herzog Hotel Family!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Horton123
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The hotel was clean and located in an excellent area for walking around all of Frankenmuth. The staff was very friendly while maintaining professionalism. The establishment has the free evening cocktails numerous suites and mid/upscale hotels are incorporating. It was a nice touch at a hotel that excelled in all areas of service.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Revstay01
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I thought this hotel was great! I read the reviews before booking it about the gaps on the doors but the gaps didn't bother us. We stayed in #305 and had a very quiet room and slept great. I thought the rooms were very nicely decorated and very clean. Also, I'm not sure why the one review on here states that the beds are so hard. I normally sleep on a memory foam mattress at home and I thought the beds at the Marv Herzog were very comfy. And they give you like 6 down comfy pillows too. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. In fact, we thought most everyone in Frankenmuth went out of their way to be friendly. We had great service at all of the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erinreviewer2009
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Grew up in MI, and traveled to Frankenmuth several times a yr. Came up from NC for the Thanksgiving weekend and had family meet us there. The nightly reception was nice (Yeah for FREE) and breakfast was good, but the beds, OH MY BACK!! So I read the reviews and all were god except for a few complaining about the beds and that they said it was the worst weekend ever, well I disreguarded those and booked the Marv Hetzog for the weekend. We had ages from 19-47. We all had NO SLEEP, None whatsoever. The beds were so hard (YOU HAVE NO IDEA) that we wanted to leave a day early and start back home but was prepaid so we bared with it. On the last night , the hubby even had the back of his head was numb from such a hard bed. Our 26 yr old wanted to sleep on a cot but it was so broken down, it was like a reverse hotdog bun. Even contemplated sleeping in the car. We have stayed at the Bavarian Inn and Splash Village, no problems, but the beds here "OH MY GOSH" the 12 hour drive and then no sleep for 3 nights takes it's toll, Oh and bring your own toilet paper (LOL) My hubby said they should have a warning label above the toilet saying "WARNING ,WILL CAUSE HARM" Honestly the harshest paper you will ever find. You are better off with paper towel.
One a lighter note, we did like the place, easy lighted parking in back, very clean hotel, all non smoking, no pool so less kids, very quiet,loved that everything was within walking distance and would of truly loved the hotel if it weren't for the beds.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LOVESJESUS
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We very much enjoyed our stay, breakfast was more than adequate, snacks and drinks in the evening was also very good. Staff very courteous and more than willing to assist us with what we required, did not find lack of staff in kitchen area or at evenig snacks. Actually there was a women on that weekend who delivered our drinks right to our table I felt very much at home on the sofa in the reception are. Laugher was abundant as it was deer widows weekend and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yes, I myself questioned such a big gap under the door, but never asked. I did not miss the pool at all and had I wan't a pool would have stayed elsewhere. We have 3 children 8,9,14 whom travel with us quite a bit but did not miss all the kids that you see at some hotels. We had left our children home that weekend. We can't wait to come back and hope to see you soon. I also really liked the personal response from the Herzog's in my original inquiry.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I know, I know - we visited here in July. But we wanted to have a couple of days R & R (plus I had my 2 free birthday dinners from Zenders & Bavarian Inn), and my hubby loves antique cars, so we came the first week of Sept and stayed the two nights prior to the Antique car show (every where was booked that weekend). We arrived late afternoon and they apologized for our room not being ready, the staff had a high turnover day. We were able to park the car (great to park underground and walk all downtown). They did offer us money off our first night. We had a King with a balcony, and it was lovely to sit out and relax. The park across the street was quiet, until the last day when all the cars arrived. You could watch the tour boat go by and everyone waved. The 2 drinks were a great idea - we had one and took the other up to the fridge for later in the evening. We love the chicken dinner restaurants and just strolling the shops downtown and River Place. Make sure you get your coupon book from the Visitors Centre. We were able to drive to the outlet mall in 10 minutes. We spent a full afternoon there. We had been there previously so we knew to map where we wanted to go.
I too noticed the large space under the door - don't know as I really would have complained about it had I not read the comments here. It really doesn't need to be that big - how big a bill do people need??? I like the fridge because one always has leftovers at Zenders & Bavarian Inn. The breakfast was far better than a lot of free breakfasts, filling you up until you eat a big meal later in the day. My only complaint is styrofoam plates & plastic utensils. The wine/beer glasses were real so they have a dishwasher but with all the emphasis on the environment one would think more of washing the breakfast dishes. The antique cars were arriving early and everyone stopped along the street to watch them. It was well worth the return trip. My hubby just got news of a conference next fall in Sarnia, Ontario. His first words were "that's so close to Frankenmuth!" Guess I'll have to endure another trip and stay here, haha!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jangale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to The Marv Herzog Hotel? Share your experiences!