“Saute station disaster”

Sullivan's Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome... To Sullivan's Black Forest 281 Heinlein Strasse, Frankenmuth, MI 48734 Sullivan's Black Forest provides a full service restaurant serving Sullivan's fish & chips, steaks and seafood entrees, as well as burgers, sandwiches, deep dish pizza and appetizers. If you have a large group or special event Sullivan's Black Forest can accommodate you with either of our Banquet rooms. We can host wedding receptions, reunions, tour groups, parties, and any sort of get together. Sullivan's off premise catering is also available. Conveniently located just east, (across Weiss street) from Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, Michigan.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Last week we met a group of friends @ Sullivan's. I had eaten their many times before enjoying the perch and ale soup particularly. Three of us made the bad choice of the seafood buffet. The salads on the buffet were very good as was the boiled shrimp. However the fish in the warmers was dry. No perch or crab cakes items that caught my eye on the menu!
The saute station offered a choice of 3 cm sea scallops, pieces of shrimp or 'another' choice sauted then the chef added a nondescript red or white sauce as well a choice of 2 pastas of your choice. No additional oils , cheeses,vegetables, spices for the customer to enhance the food.
The rolls previously were delicious now tasted like biscuits you pop open from the dairy case.
Really missed their own brews!
Friends who chose steaks and salmon dinners enjoyed them very much.
So avoid the buffet!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food is fantastic and very filling. I had a grilled chicken sandwich on a pretzel bun along w/ the cheddar ale soup and I was stuffed to the gills. I couldn't eat it all. My hubby had a Rueben and he was very delighted in his choice. They have handcrafted, seasonal and specialty brews. Service was experienced w/ respectful, courteous manners. It's a Brew Haus, what's not to like?

1  Thank justjo-7
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had three couples who enjoyed a nice dinner for New Years Eve. Our waiter was very attentive and efficient. Everyone enjoyed their food. Very nice place for couples to go.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed an early lunch here while on an overnight getaway. Unfortunately the building itself needs a little bit of a face lift. We were able to count three different types of ceiling tiles just in our area with some exposed ceiling insulation to boot. As long as you don't mind dining in this lackluster environment, we were pleased with everything else.

I had a cheddar and ale soup and a veggie wrap with onion rings. Everything was very delicious and the prices were surprisingly less than most other places in Frankenmuth. My coffee was always filled quickly as well as my ice water. My husband got a burger and fries and was also happy with his meal and the efficiency of our waitress. Our waitress was friendly, stopped by just the right amount of times to check on us and made sure we always had what we needed.

We weren't drinking while we visited but the bar was packed for the Michigan/Ohio State game and everyone looked like they were enjoying their libations. If I was to go back to Frankenmuth I would definitely consider eating here again.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We lunched here on Nov. 19, 2013. Four diners in our party; one ordered their Fish & Chips; one ordered their Junior Club; and two ordered their Reuben (Reuben price is $8.99 each), one Reuben with fries, the other with onion rings. A bread basket was served to our table. We ALL enjoyed and remarked on the food quality. Location is fantastic directly behind the world-famous Bronner's. Tab for all four amounted to approx. $65 - not bad for all the food and beverage in a pleasant atmosphere. Restaurant was clean, seating was excellent, service was great. The server gave us a great dark beer recommendation also.