Took our family - kids ages almost 5 and 8 year to Zehnders. We did a 2 night stay with breakfast and dinner package. It was March Break for Ontario school kids. The resort was busy but not crazy.
Check in was fast and friendly. We had 2nd floor room at the back of the building. The sliding doors overlooked the new aqua construction. Noise was not an issue. Stairs and elevators were conveniently located. The regular swimming pool was close by.
2 regular beds - both comfy - decent linens. Bathroom and little kitchen nook. Well appointed and clean.
The waterpark itself was fine. Our kids really enjoyed it. Our 8 year old loved the fact she could ride the 2 big slides by herself - no line ups. She loved the lily pads and the basket ball nets in the pools. Our almost 5 year old loved the waterpark too as he could go down size appropriates slides, swim in 2 feet of water, hop in a hot tub and play in a splash pad - all by himself. Lots of friendly life guards around. The park was very clean and well maintained.
Our package included buffet breakfast at Elf Hollow - it was fine - standard fare - scrambled eggs/sausage/bacon/toast/fruit/granola etc. Package included a pizza and drink dinner at Elf Hollow - it was pretty good and convenient.
We also dined at Zehnders and had the family chicken dinner - service and food was excellent.
The kids spent a little time at the arcade - this is an area that could use a little beefing up with newer games and such.
The waterpark as it stands today is just fine for kids who are ages 10 and under. If your kids are older or if you have taken your kids to Great Wolf, Fallsview or a Kalahari type waterpark - I would wait till Zehnders get their new waterpark completed before coming here. From the looks of the drawings the new watepark will be awesome.
All in it cost us $600 for 3 days and 2 nights - accommodations and meals - we felt this was good value for our money.
Only 10 minutes to Birch Run outlet. Only a minute or so from downtown Frankenmuth.
We will go back to Zehnders once they get the new waterpark up and running - hopefully the pricing of packages and rooms will not go up to crazy Great Wolf levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 178 deluxe accommodations including 74 family suites. Enjoy over 50,000 sq. Ft. Of aquatic fun with our six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide; zero-entry activity pool with water geysers, water basketball and volleyball, Action River, Splash Landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides, relax in the Whimsical Whirl Hot Tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek Lazy River. For the landlubber have fun at our arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe or the Mushroom Grille. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and The Fortress Golf Course. Come and join the fun today at one of Michigans top family destinations and Frankenmuth's largest and only indoor waterpark, Zehnder's Splash Village Frankenmuth, MI. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark