“Excellent family time!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Genoa, Ohio, United States
“Excellent family time!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We decided to give Zehnder's a try this year for our annual Frankenmuth getaway. We LOVED it!! We were offered an upgrade to our room at check-in for just a little more, which was worth it. We had a suite on the first floor, very close to the water park. The room was quiet, nice fireplace, patio outside. I must say, the "kid friendly-no tears" shampoo in the bathroom was much appreciated, as we forgot our kid's shampoo at home. :) The water park was clean, perfect for our nearly 5 year old twins. There was plenty for them to do and we felt more than welcome. It was a smaller scale of one of the larger, "overwhelming" water parks that we have been to in the past. The arcade was perfect for us as well, just enough. The huge donuts were a hit as well!!! We will absolutely stay again. We didn't use the shuttle into town, as the kids had such a good time at the hotel we didn't want to leave. We are excited to come back again next year, maybe earlier to see the new expansion next summer. :) It would be nice to stay an extra day, as well, to be able to enjoy the hotel a bit more.

1 Thank Brady P
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello, thank you for the great review! We are so glad you and your family had a great time at our facility. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again!

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Fowlerville, Michigan
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed one time over the summer with a great experience so I planned another night with two kids this time. Things happen and last minute I realized we needed to come Saturday instead of Friday due to our late arrival time and then check out is 11 Am. I wanted the room to change our clothes in because the woman at the desk told me me my 6 year old son will have to go in the locker room alone as he is not allowed
To go with me. I do not want to change my clothes in front of people nor do I want my son alone in there! She would not let me switch my day to tomorrow (Saturday) sadly this will probably be our last trip there because of her attitude. This trip is not even worth what I'm paying because we don't really have use of the room. I understand late arrival is my fault but she offered no solution to my situation other than to just cancel and forfeit my deposit!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Sjames729
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello, we sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at Zehnder's Splash Village. After looking into your reservation, the reason we were unable to move the date of your arrival, was due to the fact we were sold out on the particular Saturday you were inquiring about. We do have family changing rooms for situations like you have described which are located next to our locker rooms. I am not sure why our staff did not inform you and for that I apologize. It is also my understanding that we refunded you for your room and only charged you for entry into our waterpark in an attempt to make the situation right. Again, I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit as soon as possible to see if we can make it right. Please feel free to contact me personally at webmaster@zehnders.com or at 800-863-7999.

alma
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I normally would give this place a b on my list of water parks. But wait, check in went well, left swimming gear at home, tried to buy new trunks not one in my size. Front desk guy found me bright orange, now that I look like a pumpkin, I goto my room. Huh, no heat, called front desk, they sent someone down to fix it. 10 minutes later at pool wife calls, funny smell in room. To make a long story short, 3 hours later new room, fans, heat, A/C work. What makes me madd is they had a fire hazard in onel of the rooms and no one from the front desk bothered to call our room, come down to our room when they had to move us. The only person that helped was the maintainence guy who was only there to fix the heater in the first place. At the price they charge for these places. I was kinda hoping for a little more in customer service. I guess I will read the fire escape signs a little more carefully.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank James E
Hello,we sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at Zehnder's Splash Village and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit as soon as possible to see if we can make it right. Please feel free to contact me personally at webmaster@zehnders.com or at 800-863-7999.

Novi, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here with my 4 year old son and boyfriend on October 26th. It was the perfect retreat! The vouchers for dinner and breakfast the next morning are a tremendous value. They have a free shuttle that takes you up to town if you wish. We took full advantage so we could split a bottle of wine at dinner! I forgot my son's sippy cup at the restaurant (which is about a mile away or so from the hotel. We went back to the waterpark for a second time after dinner. Lo and behold, when we walked back to our room, my son's cup was sitting in front of the door with a note! I was blown away they would take the time to return an item like that! I hadn't even realized it was missing! The staff here really goes above and beyond. The only downfall was the elevator was on the fritz. A lot of guests seemed unhappy about that, but hey, everything can't be perfect 100% of the time. I know I needed the extra exercise. The breakfast was pretty sweet! Great variety. I can't wait to come back once the expansion is complete!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Valerie S

Burton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Even the cheapest room is awesome. We walked in and there is a pool perfect for our 2 year old, and the waterpark looked great. Everyone has been super friendly, and we even got to check in just after 11 am (5 hours early). I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Right now there is construction so if the sight of that bothers you choose a room away from that.
1 Thank Aaron B
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 11, 2013

Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family ( husband, myself and our married children, 2 babies ( 2years old) stayed at this hotel. Since there were 8 of us( including the 2 little ones) - we each had our own room.
The rooms were clean and nicely decorated- our view was horrible because of outside construction, but it was cold out , so we would not be on a balcony. Our rooms were ready early and we were side by each ,which was great!!. We did not care about the view as we knew we would be way too busy with all the activities.

The restaurant was a casual dining area ( fine for families) and the food was good. We had lunch and a breakfast there ( buffet for breakfast was good and affordable).

The pool area was great - the kids loved it and so did our married kids. There was a lot to do in this area and it was safe and clean.

After going for dinner in town we took the little ones to the arcade - they had a blast and earned enough "tickets" to get a prize of their choice.
There was also an adult pool that looked very nice (did not have time for that !!).

The pricing was higher than any other hotel but well worth it .

Usually my daughter and daughter in law and myself go to Frankenmuth by ourselves, but this year we brought the husbands and babies - they all said - Lets make this a yearly family outing !.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going.

Room Tip: Try to be away from pool area - noise issue !! Although close for walking - it can be noisy
1 Thank robincolautti

Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a great time with our 5 year old at the waterpark! We were unaware that it was Halloween Bash weekend and couldn't believe all of the great activities they offered for the kids - crafts, trick or treating, movie night, snacks, The hotel rooms themselves are average at best but you are paying for the waterwark which was very nice. The cafe in teh lobby was nice for a quick breakfast and price wasn't bad. Splash Village is the perfect spot for a quick getaway. We'll be back again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle S
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 1, 2013

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth

Been to Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!