“Delightful Deliciousness!”

The Old Christmas Station Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Christmas Station Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: European, French, German, Swiss
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: THE OLD CHRISTMAS STATION Restaurant is passionate about promoting its authentic European cuisine in an inviting and relaxing atmosphere. Besides using pure quality ingredients to create their dishes, the artful presentation of these creations hold true to the notion that you eat with your eyes first. The dishes, desserts, and drinks that represent Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Austria and France will neither disappoint your eyes nor palate.
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Truly a delightful memorable meal for the taste buds. They are already begging to return. I had the waiters recommended red wine blend, which was smooth, and tasted of Merlot grapes, my favorite. The meal of Wiener Schnitzel with breaded veal and spaetzel all smothered in a rich creamy mushroom sauce was above and beyond anything I had ever eaten. This is a place I would recommend to anyone who enjoys fresh, non-processed foods with a flair and that special touch of love to detail. My compliments to chef Anthony in his preparation and presentation and Barbra who spoke with us at our table about her authentic recipes. All made for a special evening. Worth the walk or drive to the end of town, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank Meline S

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I rarely take a moment to write reviews but felt I had to for this. Although they have a kids menu, I do not advise taking children.

It took over an hour to receive any of our food and when we did, it came out separately. . It took an hour for me to receive my side salad, then another 15 min for my husband to receive his. 10 min later our kids receive their entrees, 5 min later my husbands soup and then another 10 for my entree. We all pretty much watched each other eat.

The worst part - there were only 3 other tables in the entire restaurant!

In total, all we ordered were 2 salads, 1 soup, 3 kids buttered noodles and 1 ravioli. None of it to write home about.

1  Thank buckeyemommy1
Reviewed July 24, 2016

My friends and I happened upon this restaurant quite by accident. It turned out to be a very happy accident! The sauces on all of our meals were incredible, made from family recipes. The owner, Barbara, came out and talked to all of her guests, charming us with her heart. All in all, it was a welcome surprise - food that fed the soul as well as the body.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

We found this restaurant from an Internet search. We love authentic German food and did not want to try the commercialized restaurants in town. We were impressed with this restaurant and encourage others to try it if you are looking for real German food.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I've been visiting Frankenmuth since I was a kid and this is the first time ever visiting this restaurant. It was clean, quiet and certainly had the feel of a small European restaurant. The food was absolutely fantastic. You can tell everything was made from scratch and real love went into making the food. I wish I had known about this place sooner. The owner came out to speak with us for a while as well. Very friendly staff. Having traveled to Europe several times, I can assure you this is as authentic as it gets. High quality food takes time to make and it's not 'cheap'. Don't go in a rush. This restaurant is fairly priced for what you get, but it's not cheap fast food or junk. Goulash, meat pie, apple strudel all were excellent. I highly recommend giving this place a try if you want some good authentic food.

1  Thank Michael P