“The concept it's like a banquet.”

Zehnder's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zehnder's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hospitality abounds with traditional family style chicken dinners and tantalizing breads and pastries in the world-famous Zehnder's of Frankenmuth restaurant.
Ohio City, Ohio
“The concept it's like a banquet.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The price it's a little expensive and the choices in the buffet are limited. The service could be better!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Huron, Michigan
“Consistent Excellence”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to Zehnder's many times and I continue going there because their food is consistently excellent. I almost always get the family style chicken dinner. There are a few sides I am not too fond of, but there is so much variety that I have many many things that I love. The stollen is great. I always buy some at their store to take home, too. I also love the cranberry relish. I see that some people mentioned the chicken being bland. I disagree. I am a person that enjoys subtle flavors and food that is not overly salty. Their chicken is perfect!! It is a little bit expensive, but a wonderful treat now and then

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank nrocpop
Zehnders, Zehnder's at Zehnder's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to review Zehnder's. We are glad that your experience has always been consistently excellent and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again!

Shelby Albrecht
Dining Room Manager
Zehnder's Restaurant
Michigan
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We started our weekend getting lunch here. We have heard nothing but great things about this place. The decor is beautiful but I must admit the food was just OK and expensive. We had the buffet which has quite a bit of variety but wasn't worth the price we paid in my opinion.

Visited December 2012
MI
“Good Food but Cramped Dining Rooms”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Spent the weekend in Frankenmuth and took advantage of a dine and stay package at Splash Village.
The restaurant is large and divided into many different "rooms". I thought the ambience was fitting for the German inspired family dining theme. The food was good we enjoyed the family style dining. One thing to note- it is comfort food, heavy on carbs and meat. They also have a bakery and gift shop area in the basement of the restaurant.
The one donwside about this restaurant was that the tables are very close together and the dining rooms are loud and very busy. While I didn't expect quiet and intimate, it was still a bit more packed than I would have expected or liked. We could clearly listen to the conversations of the tables around us.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank eclecticco
Saginaw, Michigan
“just decent chicken kinda bland”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

eat there several times a year excellent service mediocre food. Some of their sides and breads are delicious but the chicken is just kinda bland and the white meat is dry.

Visited September 2012