“Misleading and Way over priced”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Frankenmuth Jellystone Park
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The web site is misleading . You don't get the cable hookup. The wifi is so slow your better off with your phone. The camp sites are so narrow .that every one has to move there viecles so any one can get in or out of sites without hitting anyone else's stuff. You have vert little space between campers. We could not even put up at awning becouse it would have hit the next camper. What little room you do have . The electiv hookup and water hookup is in the middle of the site . For yours and the camp site next to you. Creating a major trip hazard. There are no fire Pitts .
I have been camping for 37 years . And never felt so ripped off as I did with this over priced camp ground. You could stay at a camp ground 2 miles down the road for half the price and still have the same stud to do with the kids.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rao3859
Cindy K, Manager at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our park. We value everyone's comments. If you feel like you would like to enjoy our pool, playground and other amenity my I suggest a deluxe site with more room. As the size of campers have gotten larger we have tried to revamp some sites to make them larger for the ever growing campers. Again thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us on a deluxe site another try.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our first time staying at this place and my family had a blast. The park is so clean and well kept. I never heard my kids say they were bored there are so many activities they can do. We stayed on a full hook up site that had a brick patio so I didn't even need to put out my camping rug, the area between sites is nice and grassy so you are not tracking in dirt and sand into your camper. The staff was very friendly. I thought the temperature of the showers were just fine. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that we traveled with two vehicles so my husband could go back and forth to work, and you can only have one car at your campsite which is fine, but I didn't like having to park my other one at the mini golf outside of the park. I wish there were a parking lot inside the actual campground. With that being the only downfall I'd say they are doing a very good job.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda S

Thank you so much! We are glade you enjoyed your stay. It is always great to pass along to our staff such a glowing review.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed on a premium site last weekend. $77 per night for two adults and two kids. We were a family with 4 & 4 so had to pay $16 extra per night.

Site was large, loads of room on the cement pavement, very nice corner lot. The cheaper sites are very small and too close together for my liking! The campground itself is very well kept and quiet. Yogi was seen frequently much to the delight of the kids.

Very disappointed that for a premium site, there was no cable! I think for that much money it would have it. The park map shows some of the less expensive sites have it already.....Wifi was hit or miss! And if you were able to log on, it was so slow that it wasn't worth waiting for the downloads!

Also...beware of the showers! First, they are the push-button type where you push it and it stays on for 30 seconds! What a pain! Also, the water temp is not adjustable and was way too hot for the kids! But adults also need to be very cautious as the one and only time I showered there, anytime someone flushed the toilet, the water came out scalding hot! I read on here in an earlier review and management said they would adjust the thermostat...apparently they didn't!

Again...a beautifully kept park with very pleasant employees. But for what you get, I think it's over-priced and most likely won't return.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee P

First let me thank you for taking the time to review our park. We value everyone's comments and always take them to heart. We are glade you enjoyed the cleanliness and size of your site. Cable is in the plans for more of the sites and will be added as we see reviews like this that would like it. The shower temperature has been a constant adjustment this year and have tried to monitor it daily. I am sorry it seemed to not be to your liking. again thank you for both your comments and staying with us.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I spent the Memorial weekend at the Frankenmuth Jellystone Park with my grandchildren. We had a wonderful time. The park is very clean. All of the staff were very helpful and considerate. Even though the campground was filled, I was impressed with how quiet and peaceful it was. The children were kept busy with all the activities available to them: swimming, the playground, put put golf, bike riding. The park was just a short walk to River Place where there was the dog bowl and balloon launch. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely and plan to return to the campground in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Cindy K, Manager at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you so much! Our entire staff was so excited to see everyone again. Such a great weekend with our wonderful guests.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just got home from spending Mem Day Weekend here. First off, let me say, the weather was FABULOUS and The Dog Bowl/Hot Air Balloon Launch is the BEST festival in the Frankenmuth Area, so it is a BUSY BUSY weekend.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Pool area is nice. Grass at our site was so good, we didn't need a carpet. Restrooms are clean. Lots of activities. That's the good stuff.

Now for the reason I rated this so low:

#1: CAMPING SPACE is horrific. Thank God the camper on our left didn't have a slide out, or we wouldn't have been able to put out our awning. Also, thankfully the people on our right had a pop up, and not a new one, so they didn't have slide out either, or our slide out would have not been able to be extended. Since we have a hybrid trailer, and aren't all that big ourselves, I cannot imagine how it would have been if we'd been given 'large' neighbors.

#2: Second, the bathrooms/showers were CLEAN, but the shower itself was SCALDING hot. The direction and temperature of the spray are NOT adjustable, so you wash as fast as you can and and you have to touch the wall to get wet--YUCK. My kids got clean in the pool...it was that dang hot. My husband said the showers were a heck of a lot hotter than the hot tub.

#3 Third, the campground CLAIMS wifi and cable, and it is FALSE advertisement. We were next to the bathroom, where we could SEE the wifi booster, and unable to attain a signal strong enough for even our cell phones. We HAD a cable hookup, but channels are very fuzzy. We got better reception off the antenna.

#4: No campfires (except community ones or if you happen to have an 'off the ground' chimney kind). We knew this before going to the campground, so it was not an inconvenience, but still ruins the camping experience.

MOST IMPORTANT REASON: COST. I know, I know, it's Frankenmuth. However, we spent $192 for a holiday weekend (3 nights) for a POOR rated campground. If you are lucky enough to get an end space, you may not dislike the size of your lot, but my other reasons would still stand.

SORRY YOGI, I'm sure you tried!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Cindy K, Manager at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

We try very hard to satisfy every guest and am truly sorry you did not experience that on this trip. I will defiantly have the maintenance take a look at the shower temperature. We would not want anyone to get hurt or be uncomfortable. The showers off the pool deck can be adjusted if you prefer that. We also understand that the size of the sites especially on full weekends can get crowded, deluxe larger campsite are available but do fill up fast. We hope you would try us a gain and make sure to ask for a deluxe site I would be happy to up grade you.

Again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay we appreciate your comments and will work at improving these items.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have been camping here for over 10 years on Easter weekend. The staff is always great and the kids love the park and pool. We will return next year for sure.

The kids also enjoy the activates the park provides.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank firejim368
Cindy K, Manager at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Glade to hear we are your first stop every year. How about you come for your last stop too! The pool and campsites are open through November. Next year Easter is the first week in April so you will get a few extra camping weekends.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is truly a Wonderful Campground. We took our daughter here when she was little and now we are taking our Granddaughter here. The Staff is Outstanding and has been around for years with some new faces as well. They have lots of activities and fun projects for kids of all ages.
Everything is very clean and taken care of. This was our first Easter spent here and the kids had a great time egg hunting and enjoying the pool and scavenger hunt. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Laura P
Cindy K, Manager at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Love to hear all the generations stories. We have our generations here in staff too. Many mothers, fathers brothers and sister, sons and daughters work for us over the years. Its fun to see families come back with their new prides of joy! Thanks for staying with us.