“Not Bad But Expensive & Rude Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Frankenmuth Jellystone Park
Indiana
“Not Bad But Expensive & Rude Staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very convenient and quiet campground. Check staff was friendly and helpful after that not good.

Started out with a very rude male staff worker who was cutting trees and apparently didn't like the way I was backing into our camp site. I was not off the road or in the grass but apparently I wasn't going fast enough for him.

Then the site was too short for our RV. The rear jacks sunk 2-3" into the sparsely graveled ground. By the way the ground was dry at the time. The second night we were there watched another RV over lap with ours from the opposite direction and their jacks sunk in even worse than ours. Though they had to put their jacks in the grass to get off the road.

Finally the price was ridiculously priced. Nightly rates were $68+ before discount. This is in line with true resort type properties. For a plain campground with too narrow and too short sites these prices should not be more than mid $40's max.

They were the only game in town, so I guess they can charge it, they got us to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank PhotTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Osage B
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overnight visit in an RV with the family. VERY CLEAN everything. Rented the go cart looking bikes, had a blast. Nice campground, plenty of grass. Hardly anyone was there is probably what I liked the most - maybe busier at other times of the year. Nice store with about anything you need. The world's biggest Christmas store right across the street. Will stay there again if we ever go back to Frankenmuth. Pool looked clean, I believe it was inside. Also saw a game room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim A
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We rented a cabin for 1 night in July for $175/night and we had to provide our own bedding. The cabin was real nice but we could have had a 4 or 5 star hotel for that price. Of course no such hotels in Frankenmuth so we opted for the cabin. Everything in the park was expensive. Golf, washers / dryers, wood....all very expensive. Nice place but be prepared to pay.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed the weekend of July 27th - 29th. The campground is fantastic. We arrived early and were allowed to do an early check in which they charge $2 an hour for which is not bad considering we traveled about 8 hours to get there overnight. The price is offset as they offer a 10% discount for military veterans. We rented a large cabin there or what they call in other Jellystone Parks as a "comfort cabin." These were great! The cabin was spotless. The cabin was equipped with a dinner table for 4, a futon and chair in the "living room," kitchen was equipped with a refrigerator, stove (no oven), micorwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Cabin was also supplied with dishes. The bathroom was adequate size with a large shower. There was a master bedroom and a loft area upstairs which sleeps an additional four. The cabin was also equipped with air conditioning and two televisions with about 25 channels. The park throughout looked very well maintained and clean. The activities they have planned for children throughout the day were very well planned and operated by the great staff that they have working there. The staff at the park really work great with interacting with children. The miniature golf course was fun and the indoor pool area was great as the water temperature was perfect. The owner of this park is very personable and attempts to great and meet every customer that stays there. This was a fantastic experience and we will gladly stay there again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We've been traveling all summer and this campground is one of our favorites!! The location is walkable to the Frankenmuth shops and Chicken Dinners. The campground is well kept with activities everyday. Best of all its big rig friendly so we were able to fit comfortably in one of the Deluxe Spots that also offered room to sit outside and a separate place for tow vehicle to park. We look forward to our visit here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KMA24
Dexter, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The camp ground is very nice the staff is nice but it is located next to a commercial dairy farm and if you are the lucky one to get the wrong wind that day you are in for a full on smell of cow [--].

Now, I am not against farming or country setting but this is bad, I mean real bad. The farm spread the fields the 2nd day and the stench was unbearable - raw fermented cow [--] ! I had to leave it was so bad my RV was starting to pick up the stink. I am not over exaggerating at all a little farm smell is one thing but this is commercial farming full on wreck your day stink, make you sick stink, wreck your equipment stink.

Everything we wore stinks and I am not sure if it will ever come out. I will send an update but now I understand how a Jellystone could be less than 1/4 full in July. No issue with Jellystone the properties are best, but in any Real Estate it is location location location . This location is bad.... sorry Jellystone. This in no way changes my decision to stay at any other Jellystone property I will. But not this one Ever Again yuck ! Trip date July 23 - 24 2013

Again this is not an attack on the staff or Jellystone it is just location, I feel bad for them. Kind of a [--] Deal :(

1 Thank Brad B
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've stayed here a few times. Our kids like to run in The Volkslaufe Race on July 4th, so we stay here in our travel trailer. We are able to ride our bikes down to the start of the race at Heritage Park.

Campground is close to Bronner's--it's within walking distance. It's a close drive to get to where all the restaurants/shops are. I think the Birch Run area was about 8 miles away.

The campground is clean. The sites aren't very big. We got a deluxe site to have more room, and of course it costs more. I think the campground prices are higher than they should be, but I know we are paying for location/amenities.

I wish campground had an outdoor pool, but they only have a large indoor pool and a hot tub. Many people still seem to enjoy it. They do have a patio area next to the solarium if you want to go out in the sun. They have an arcade, camp store, laundry facilities and nice restrooms/showers. They also have putt-putt golf and bike rentals.

Young kids will love this place as they have scheduled activities such as crafts/movies, wagon rides, visits with Yogi Bear, etc.

I also liked the fact that this campground was pet-friendly, and had no problem with us traveling with our 3 dogs.

Overall, I think this is a great/safe place for kids/families, and it's very convenient for those wanting to visit Frankenmuth and/or Birch Run.

Room Tip: If you don't have a tent or rv, consider renting a cabin here. They have small basic cabins to l...