“Fine food, service was slow” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Afton, Minnesota
“Fine food, service was slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I ran in quick to get sandwiches to go for my family. It took so long, I had to go to the car and tell my hubby to go back to the hotel and I'd meet them later with lunch. That was 06/13, so hopefully service has picked up by now. Once we got the food it was all very good.

• Visited June 2013

Trenton, Michigan
“Lunch (Snack) while visiting town”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have been to Frankenmuth many times and have never tried the Kaffee Haus. It has a good menu and sounded quaint with a model train running overhead. First, the train was not running. Second, the menu I found to be confusing and hard to read in the colorful chalk on the board. I ordered a BLT sandwich with cheddar cheese on Chiabatta (sp?) bread. She asked if I wanted the cheese on both sides of my bread and I said no. My husband and I were splitting the sandwich so she asked if we wanted her to have the cook put on two plates so we said sure. When the sandwich was brought out on one plate, it was not on the Chiabatta bread but rather normal white bread toasted (actually quite large). There amount of small portion of BLT and Cheese was embarrasing and didn't cover the bread! I have no reason to go back there. On the other hand, if you are in to the flavored coffee, it appears that they have a ton of that.

• Visited February 2014
London, Ontario, Canada
“A Unique Coffee Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

During our last visit to Frankenmuth, Kaffee Haus was located directly beside our hotel. As avid coffee lovers, this was a no brainer.

We were both immediately attracted to the unique atmosphere. It offered a great deal of character and was surprisingly quiet. The free Wi-Fi was an added bonus and the Chicago Skyline was visually stunning.

I had the "Snickers" which contains hazelnut, caramel, ghirardelli chocolate, espresso and milk. For those with a sweet tooth, you will honestly adore this drink.

We will be returning to Frankenmuth in the spring and I look forward to another stellar experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChrisToplack
Windsor, Canada
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Excellent choice for lunch.A lots of variety .Clos eto everything.Friendly staff and quick service.We wil be back.

Visited December 2013
Howell, Michigan
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have been to the Kaffee Haus in the past and have loved it this time not so much. They only had one person working the lunch rush and hot sandwiches were luke warm, cold sandwiches okay, my seafood sandwich could have been ten times better as it was mostly running liquid and almost no seafood. The girl working the counter kept putting out order on hold to make coffee and even another persons sandwich we had to have been waiting about 45 mins for our lunch and three drinks (my husband had water). I will have to think twice before heading back there any time soon.

Visited December 2013