“Lovely”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Frankenmuth, Michigan
“Lovely”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Sue and Esther's is a quiet, relaxing, little tea room, with lovely decor and light, fresh and delicous meals. I would highly recommend going with girlfriends and as a place to take that special little girl, or young lady in your life to share what it means to be ladylike! They even encourage patrons to try on the vintage women's hats hanging on the walls. My friends and I have taken pics while doing this and have made great memories!!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank beth b

Frankenmuth
“Best place for ladies to eat in town.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent! I came alone to check it out after a massage. I was treated like an old friend. The best service I have EVER Had. The food was fresh unique and delicious. We moved to Frankenmuth from the city and this place reminds me of a quaint Ann Arbor tea house. NOt a place tha served everything from Gordons food like all the other places in town. THis is a must eat place.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank momxxo
Frankenmuth, Michigan
“Yum Bubble Tea!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I used to live in Chicago and one of my favorite things was bubble tea, so I am so happy there is a place I can get it locally! I love to be able to try new teas and it is really great for lighter meals when you are looking for something other than a heavy dinner which there are lots of options for here in Frankenmuth. I only wish they were open more :)

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank SugarHighBakery
Bloomield Hills, MI
“not so great - don't waste your time”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

this place smells like an old ladies tea room - everything was stale - even the ambiance. There were not that many tea selections and the food wasn't anything special. Don't waste your time

• Visited August 2013
SueandEsther, Owner at Sue and Esther's American Tea Room, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Brad,

Wow -- we're sorry you didn't like our little tea room. You're right -- the building is old but there's not much we can do about that. Our food is typically pretty decent. We offer over 53 various teas with selections from each tea category. I'm sorry you couldn't find one that you liked. Hopefully someday you'll find another tea house that can better serve you.
Burton, Michigan
“Nice tea and decor, however, very little to eat at outrageous prices.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very disappointed with my visit. You can get a wonderful full course meal with left overs at other places. I would not return.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank LittlePetiteOne
Dear Little Petite One,

Thank you for coming in with your party over the weekend. I'm sorry you felt like there wasn't enough food on your tray. Your group organizer chose our Lite Tea, which is a little more expensive at $12.95 per person and part of the Tea Experience. You can try as many pots of tea and have as many flavors as you'd like. The food is served on 3-tiered trays and includes tea sandwiches, scones, petite sweets and fruit. The cost comes more from the time it takes to prepare, which is why it is reservation only. It truly is part of a traditional afternoon tea -- which is more snacking and socializing. It sounds like our luncheon menu probably would have been better for you. We have wonderful quiche, a baked chicken and spinach turnover, organic salads, sandwiches and more. And each entree is served with salad. The prices start at $6.95. Hopefully you'll stop back in for lunch and try something more substantial!