Frankenmuth Motel(Frankenmuth)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
$110
$89
Fairfield Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth(Frankenmuth)(Great Value!)
$99
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth(Frankenmuth)
$100
$95
DruryHotels.com
Heidelberg Motel(Bridgeport)
$63
$60
$68
ComfortInn
Americas Best Value Inn(Birch Run)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
3,873 results
All reviewsperks clubwater slidesfun centeradult poollorelei loungemini golfarcade gamescovered bridgegame roomsunder one roofputt puttfamily traditionchicken dinnermini vacationfudgefamily suitehot tub
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My extended family of 17 decided to spend a weekend in Frankenmuth instead of doing a gift exchange. We all had a great time. The mini golf was not challenging but fun and a great way to spend time inside out of the cold. The arcade games were okay but nothing too modern. The room was clean and everything worked. It was nice to be given extra pillows without having to ask for them. The blankets were a little thin though. Lots of room to move around. There was a frig but no microwave. Overall a very nice place to spend time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Lodge. So happy that your family enjoyed a Christmas gathering at the Lodge. I am sorry that you felt many of the video games were not very new. We host over 90% of the most popular video games as determined by the prominent video game trade magazines at the Lodge and in fact have 6 test games found nowhere else in Michigan. If you ever have suggestions on other popular games you would enjoy, I would love to hear from you!

Looking forward to you return visit.

Jim Engel, G.M. / C.O.O.

Reviewed December 12, 2010

I rented two rooms with 3 adults, a teen, a 5 year old and an infant between them. The worst thing about this hotel was plumbing and overall comfort of the room. The toilet overflowed in the middle of the night in one of our rooms. When we called to let the front desk know that toilet water was overflowing, the response was "We'll do our best to get someone up there". The maintenance man was nice but was overmatched as the hotel did not appear to have a shopvac and was left to clean up the mess with towels. Also, the tub faucet dripped in both rooms and the stopper was broken in one room. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. Better off sleeping on the floor. When I brought the terrible beds and plumbing issues up to the manager, he blamed the economy.

The location of the hotel is good, SOME of the staff was friendly (some seemed miserable) and the pools and game room was good for the kids. Overall though, I would highly recommend against staying here. Save yourself money and stay at one of the newer hotels on Main Street (like Springhill Suites).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank riley484

Dear Guest:

Please contact me personally. With the details provided I cannot determine that you stayed here. I cannot find a call for the toilet overflow nor have I found the manager you spoke with. since your post does not clarify your date, it could be longer ago than I am researching perhaps.

I am puzzled that any manager would blame the economy for hard beds. I am sorry you experienced this. We have purchased hundreds of new mattresses this year. I would like to research your room number to determine if your issue was with one of our new pillow tops or new all foam mattresses or with a mattress that is several years old. Abuse such as jumping on beds can cause damage to mattresses - we replace mattresses very frequently.

Regarding the overflow, again I am sorry. We do have shop vacumns. But if your call was late at night and rooms around you are occupied, we don't use them. It is proven that the noise of the vacumn in "the middle of the night" to neighbors causes additional upset guests. Our plumbing is actually exceptional, but it is shocking what previous guests have been known to place in the toilet (cans, chicken bones, TP holders, etc.) So occasionally this happens.

I am sorry that you felt inconsistent moods amongst the staff. I monitor the emotions and moods of staff in many formal and informal manners. This includes one on one chats with all levels of managers, to formal upward evaluations to an amazing open door policy. I am confident that i don't have "miserable" staff. But I am sorry that you experienced anything less than delight.

Along with hundreds of mattresses we have invested in previous to yoru stay we have hundreds of new flat screen LCD Tv's and the remodeling and upgrading will continue throughout 2011 as well. I have been here all 25 years of our operation and we will continue to work hard to provide value for you and every guest in the future.

By reading the dozens and dozens of other positive posts at this site, you will see that these are some isolated incidence that I would be happy to make up to you. Since you did speak with a Manager, I presume they already did that. If not, please call me at the Bavarian Inn Lodge.

Jim Engel, GM / COO

Reviewed November 30, 2010

The hotel manager and staff were great!!! They were kind, understanding, and very helpful!! When we arrived we were told there were no reservations for Thanksgiving dinner available but said they would see what they could do. When we expressed later that we came specifically to have Thanksgiving dinner there they found a time slot for us. The food and wait staff were fantastic!!!

Shuttle Service was Excellent!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your Thanksgiving weekend experience. We in fact served a record 2,002 meals on thanksgiving at the Lodge and the advance reservations were up significantly. We attempted to send letters and call all overnight guests not reserved for brunch. I am sorry you did not recieve a call which perhaps would have alleviated the stresses experienced. I am please to hear that my staff "worked you in" to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the meal. Thank you for sharing your Holiday with us!

Jim Engel, General Manager / C.O.O.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Spent this past Thanksgiving weekend (2 nights) at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. For the most part, the hotel and stay were great. The staff was super friendly and the room was very nice. We had a corner room with two views of the Cass River. The only area or improvement would be with the housekeeping. The room was clean but we had to call "housekeeping" several times. Once for a lamp that was not working and another for coffee mugs not replaced and coffee pot not cleaned. Shouldn't there be a housekeepers check list for these kind of things? Also, the towels were pretty thread-bare and only one tiny shampoo for two people for two nights. It really looked like the hotel is trying to economize. However at $180 a night, you would expect sundries replacements daily. Perhaps the Lodge should benchmark Hampton Inn or Marriott.

1  Thank hudsonbob
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your stay and pointing out the housekeeping shortcomings in your room. My apologies for the housekeeper who did not follow procedures in addressing your coffee cups, coffeemaker and bathroom amenities properly. You certainly should have had the shampoo and soaps replaced on the second day as well as had the coffee area replenished and cleaned appropriately. This will be brought up within the monthly housekeeping dept. meeting which happens to be next week.

Thanks again for choosing the Lodge to be a part of your entire Frankenmuth experience!

Jim Engel, GM

Reviewed November 28, 2010

EXCELLANT!!! love this place, can't say enough about the great customer service. Already made my next reservation. Jim Engel was also a big help, the general manager took time out of his busy day to help me out, very impressed. We come without children and spend 3 nights during the mid-week when there are not so many children around. I would recommend the Perks Club as this gives great value and discounts to take advantage of.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Bradley,

Thank you for your 2010 Trip Advisor Posting on the Lodge. My apologies for the delay in responding, just learned of a tool to see older posts and respond to them. Joan still works at our Front Desk and still does a spectacular job in Feb. 2014! Thank you for your frequent stays and hope you are able to share continued great experiences with other Guests. I am sure Joan would look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your past patronage and kind review on this site... update us on how we are doing if you have stayed again more recently!

Jim Engel, C.O.O.