“The Bavarian Inn was OK!”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
MI
“The Bavarian Inn was OK!”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

A family group of 11 stayed over night. We had 3 rooms and they were connected. The rooms were nice.

The hot tubs were only lukewarm. That was rather disappointing. There was no entertainment in the lounge as advertised. The banquet employee working the Sunday brunch was rude and annoying. Actually I'd go as far to say he was a jerk. He gave himself a 15% tip because we were considered a large group even though we had three separate tabs. He grabbed plates from the table before you had even put down a fork.

The Kareoke for kids was good. The pizza was good. The Sunday banquet food was very good. I'd probably go back, but I'm not in any hurry.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 15, 2015
Dear Reach2005:

I learned a while ago that I can go "way back" and respond to reviews from the past. So I apologize for the delayed response from Bavarian Inn Lodge. But THANK YOU Amy/Karen for sharing your feelings way back in 2009.

It is always an honor to serve families who gather together as yours did. I'm sorry you had luke warm water in the hot tubs. I'm sorry that you had inconsistent service as well. With over 325 team members we continue to coach and mentor for consistency of service. I think if you read recent reviews on this site, you will be pleased to see our current performance.

We hoe for the opportunity to serve your family again sometime when you need another "Frankenmuth Fix".

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
Gladwin, mi
Reviewed May 15, 2009

me and my husband are hard working and parents to a two year old. We decided to visit the inn for a brake while grandma babyset. We stayed in a king suite with courtyard pool access the the room was nice but I would have expected a little more for $145/night it looked no diffrent than a $40 hotel,the bathroom was so small you could barley fit two people and it was nothing spectacular. The pool was nice small but nice not to crowded. The food at Oma's was great very flavorful good portions and good service,breakfast buffet was also good. Was not to impressed with the service or prices a Loreli's Lounge me and my husband ordered one drink a piece and the bill was $25 we also waited a half hour for a bill and finally had to ask for it there was one waitress and the place was packed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Breece04:

I learned a while ago that I can go "way back" and respond to reviews from the past. So I apologize for the delayed response from Bavarian Inn Lodge. But THANK YOU Breece for sharing your feelings way back in 2009.

Glad you liked your Pool Access King room back then. I am very sorry for the inconsistent service that you received. We have worked hard to focus on consistent service. We also are working hard to create value for our guests as we know how hard everyone works for their get-a-way leisure dollars. If you look at recent reviews, I think you will be pleased with our performance based on guests on this site. We hope for the opportunity to serve your family again sometime in the future.

Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Best thing- the pool. It was pretty empty which was nice for my husband and I.
Worst thing-the beds. I felt awful when I woke up in the morning! That was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, and the pillows were inadequate as well. Perhaps if I had called room service and covered the whole bed in pillows it would have been okay. The restuarant was just okay and a little pricey for the quality. There wasn't much to do for us. Now if we had brought our kids, they would have found plenty to do with all the games and what not. And they messed up our bill at check-out. They did correct it, but it was a hassle. The location is nice though. They have a bus that takes you to the other restuarant and shops right in town. Then everything is in walking distance. There's lots to do in town. I reccommend visiting St. Julien's winery (if only adults), that was very nice.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Dear Purple,

We learned a bit ago that we have the ability to "go back" to 2002 and respond to guests who have reviewed the Bavarian Inn Lodge. So... I am thanking you for your review in 2009 of the Lodge. We appreciate all feedback and I thought an update might be appropriate. I'm sorry that the mattresses disappointed you. We have all new - mattresses since your last stay and we have a new system of having both soft AND firm pillows on every bed in the hotel so you can decide what gives you the best nights rest. So glad you enjoyed many attributes of the Lodge and hope you may consider a return visit. If so, we always appreciate feedback.

Wishing you a very Merry CHRISTMAS and a Healthy New Year!

With Sincere Appreciation,

Jim Engel, C.O.O.
On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team.
michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My family has been coming here for over 15 years , and the service has steadily declined. Our waitress Diane at Omas ignored us and never bothered to come back to our table once we ordered , after a long wait in an empty restaurant. Talking to her manager was like talking to a brick wall. Never even offered an apology and acted like it was a bother to listen. On our 4th night, the next door guests were so loud and unruly, we didnt get to sleep until after 1AM and we have a 4 year old. Again, at the front desk, we were brushed off and ended up leaving for home a day early because of the total lack of concern from ANYONE for our comfort. On our return home, I contacter the director of lodging and its been almost 2 weeks without a relpy!!!! The housekeeping staff was awesome and the rooms were great, but as far as customer service, I give this Inn a two out of ten. We've decided to go elsewhere for our yearly vacation.

4 Thank kittyMichigan
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 16, 2015
Dear KittyMichigan,

I learned a while ago that I can go "way back" and respond to reviews from the past. So I apologize for the delayed response from Bavarian Inn Lodge. I am very sorry for the lack of service you experienced in Oma's Restaurant.

I'm very sorry for the noise challenges you had experienced also from a neighboring room. There is no excuse for a lack of responsiveness. Although this is 6 years ago, I am still sharing your feelings with our team as a reminder that we need to be focused on each guests needs. I hope you would consider returning again some day. If you notice we are receiving great feedback on this site and others and we strive every day to help guests create memories while they visit the Lodge and Frankenmuth.

Thanks again for helping us learn from our mistakes.

dearborn heights, mi
Reviewed February 26, 2009

My family and I went to Bavarian Inn the weekend of February 20. We love the Bavarian Inn because of the arcade (100+ arcade games with redemption tickets), the Ratskellar Lounge, the Loreli Lounge etc. They have different events for kids from karaoke to face painting to arts and crafts. The only problem this trip was that they didn't offer any smoking rooms with balconies. I have stayed in there whirlpool suite before (a smoking suite with a balcony) but this time they said they don't have any rooms that you can smoke in with a balcony because of county laws. We settled for a non smoking room with a balcony, only to find the balcony was accessable by a solid door with a small window that led to a shared balcony. I called the front desk right away and Debra (front desk manager) switched us to a room with a semi private balcony at once. We have been to the Bavarian Inn three times in the last 2 months and just love it. The pools tend to get a bit overcrowded so we didn't use them but overall a wonderful hotel. With all the restaurant's, shuttle service, games etc, it is a great place for a weekend.

1 Thank novadawn
Dear NovaDawn,

I learned a while ago that I can go "way back" and respond to reviews from the past. So I apologize for the delayed response from Bavarian Inn Lodge. But THANK YOU for your Feb. 2009 review of your stay at the Lodge!

I can see you were here during a school break (the most crowded week of the year). Rest assured if you decide to visit us over summer - the pools are never that crowded as some guests are always out exploring Frankenmuth. Even if we are sold out the "density" of people indoors is 50% of school break week in February. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I invite you back to have FUN in Frankenmuth again soon!

Grand Blanc
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I rented 3 rooms for my daughter's 12th birthday party. We had a great stay for the most part. There is so much for the kids to do. Everything in the hotel was great except the beds. I usually take my own pillows with me when I travel, but failed to this time. I'm sorry I didn't bring them, the pillows were filled funky so they were uncomfortable to lay on and the beds were hard-not firm. I had 8 girls so I had already planned on not getting much sleep, but could have been a little more comfortable lying in bed. Overall great hotel, but do not plan on comfortable beds or pillows.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2015
Dear Elmo1325:

I recently learned of the ability to respond to ALL guests on the TripAdvisor site and am reaching back to your post of Feb. 2009. I apologize for the delay but wanted to THANK you for your feedback.

I'm sorry for the "pillow quality" you had experienced back then. The good news is that we have a 4 pillow "system" on each bed. Two pillows are firm and to are soft. Plus, there isn't a single mattress from 2009 that is still in the hotel. We hope you would consider coming back to enjoy some of the FUN Frankenmuth and the Lodge has to offer! Oh... we have two water slides now too!

With Sincere Appreciation,

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2009

First let me say that if my kids were writing this review (ages 9 and 11), they would most likely give a better rating than I did.

We've stayed at the Bavarian Inn several times over the past years and have always had just an okay experience . Our main reason for returning is the kids love the swimming, playing in the arcade and the chicken dinner at the Bavarian Inn restaurant. With our most recent stay, granted we arrived during school winter break, but the incredibly long lines and a 45-minute plus wait to check-in was frustrating. While I understand that the hotel was sold out for the evening, the hotel was aware of this ahead of time and extra staff should have been added to minimize the check-in process. Because of the hotel being sold-out, there were so many families and kids in the small pools and it was nearly impossible to do anything but just sort of stand in place. The chlorine levels in the pools were obnoxiously high and my eyes were burning from just sitting in the general pool area--not even swimming. Several people also commented about burning eyes and itching skin. (I swim weekly at an indoor pool, so I have a sense of what the chlorine levels should be.) The room was average, and the beds not so comfortable. We spent about $500 for a 2-evening stay (including food and money for the arcade) for 2 adults and 2 kids. I think that's a bit high; the room rates should be less for what you get.

1 Thank MXB
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2015
Dear MXB:

I learned a short time ago that I can respond to ANY post on TripAdvisor.com. I am reaching back to all posts on our site and thanking every guest for their feedback. I am sorry that this is actually reaching back to 2009.

I am very sorry for the challenges you had with our swimming pools & crowdedness during the February school break week. We have made significant improvements in all of our air control systems, pool sanitation systems as well as procedures for check-in at sold out times. There are about 30 intense days of the year (tops) where everyone wants to arrive on the same day as early in the day as they can. We do schedule much more heavily to support those days.

I hope after all these years you may consider a return visit and I assure you we will help manager your experience much better.

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!