“Great family weekend”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our 3 day stay. Our party was my parents and my husband and I and our 2 kids 10 & 13. They were never bored! We had the very best room with a huge private balcony of the river!!! I think it was room 1340. It was gorgeous! I sat out there in the rain and was dry. The water slides were fun, the pools were great. We did not visit the adult pool area. The hotel was clean. Having a fridge in the room was great. Kareokee was fun. The mini golf course was fun, we did it 3 times! I wish there was an option for using your old ball for a discounted fee. My only complaint is the arcade staff. The staff 5/2/14 was not very friendly or helpful. 4 games in a row either took money without a play or did not give tickets. I brought this to the attention of the staff and got no response but she walked away and called someone. When I came back up for the next game being broke she said "he's in the bathroom". Whomever "he" was never came to talk to me. Another staff girl did help my daughter later with her missing tickets. The next day my son lost 6 more tokens but didn't see the point in telling the staff. These are just typical things of any arcade but the staff's attentiveness was lackluster. Sunday was a great happy, bubbly staff! This trip was to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary and it was great! The shuttle bus driver ferguson was great!!! He was so great with the music and pointing out spots to us.
And lastly, the waterfall pool is quieter if you want a calmer swim with little ones.

Stayed: May 2014
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear NR,

Thank you so much for your current and previous reviews of the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We are absolutely honored to assist your family in having fun at the Lodge. I am very sorry for the challenges experienced with several of my team members in the game redemption area. I direct messaged you to get more of a description and timing so I can coach the appropriate individuals. Usually this department is very helpful to families and thousands of children each week. I'm sorry that didn't happen consistently during your stay. We appreciate your insights and I will chat with Kim Watson our redemption / retail manager on your idea for a discounted price for using the same balls... nice idea!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great place! From the staff, including a welcome visit from the owner, everything is so well done. The rooms are clean and up to date and include the story of Tiny Zehner, the founder of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant and Lodge. Each and every detail is important to the staff to make your stay a great experience. Looking forward to my next trip there.

Room Tip: Travelers need not be concerned, all rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Terry N.,

Thank you kindly for your recent stay and sharing your feelings on this site. So glad you enjoyed hearing Judy our President speak with your group on the leadership in the Bavarian Inn Zehnder and especially her father. I so enjoyed working with him for over 25 years!

We will keep the place clean and FUN for your return visit!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am so grateful that management continues to keep the tradition of excellence in all areas--rooms, food , cleaniness. I can't say enough about the Lodge and Bavariann Inn except please continue providing the best quality and staff!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Aruba140,

Thank you so very much for your positive affirmations about your experience at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We WILL continue to work hard to maintain excellence! We realize our most valued asset is our people. They make us proud every day and we enjoy working together like a big family!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have gone to the Bavarian Inn for years, with my family as a kid and now as an adult, and I have not had one bad experience yet. The staff is very professional and the hotel has great accommodations. The rates are reasonable and you definitely get your money's worth each time you go. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jim H.,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Lodge. We will keep working hard to keep the Lodge FUN, friendly and clean awaiting your every arrival. We look forward to your next return Jim!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We go to the Bavarian Inn Lodge about 3 times a year. It is a great place to relax. The rooms are always clean and quiet. The staff is very courteous and helpful. We always look forward to our next trip back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara S.,

Wow... your title says it all and we thank you so much for this recognition on this site! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again soon Barbara.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Where to even start... As you drive across the old covered wooden bridge and look around, You will feel like you're being transported into another country and time all together. The atmosphere is incredible! All the staff are dressed in period correct German attire. We stayed on the 4th floor with a balcony that that over looked the river. Absolutely beautiful! The grounds were immaculate! Another nice thing is that everything you can think of is available without having to even step foot outside, which was nice because it was raining all weekend. Restaurants, shopping. Several indoor pools, water slides, an arcade center. You might see all that and think... ugh... all that crammed together... Not to fear. This place is HUGE and the spacing of everything never makes it feel cramped or cluttered. I would HIGHLY recommend the Bavarian Inn to anyone looking to get away from the same ol same ol Holiday Inn kind of hotel. Treat yourself and you won't regret it!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 1401, awesome view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark H.,

Thank you for your very descriptive narrative on what you like about the Lodge Mark! We are proud to be the only "Family Room Styled Water Park Hotel" around. We have enjoyed creating the place so you can intermingle between swimming pools, games the children's play village, miniature golf and still have a close by place for dad to get a beer...

We look forward to every opportunity to serve your family!

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay in 3 months. We made our stay longer this time thanks to their Perks Club rates. I just got home, and have already booked again for July. The pools are great, the water slides are fun, room service was prompt, and housekeeping is awesome!! My kids absolutely love this place!! The game room is huge, mini golf is under construction, but open. It looks fantastic! The food is great, and the shuttle bus driver, Fergie was so kind! He really entertained us while he drove the bus! My son is autistic and finding a place to keep him going is hard, but Bavarian Inn is his favorite! With the Perks Club rates, you can't beat the price!! Have a blast!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Lisastwobytwo,

Thank you for being such a Bavarian Inn Perks Club Ambassador! We are so happy to hear that we are a great value to your family each time you visit. Fergie is a GEM of a staff member and I will share your post with him when I see him next. We look forward to every opportunity to serve you.

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!