We stayed here 3/21 and 3/22/08.
The hotel is very spacious and we had a suite which was great but pricey $. This was the only option available to us to have a sofa sleeper, so we spent the extra for comfort while sleeping. Speaking of sleeping, it was quite a loud hotel. We were awakened several times during the night by people or kids walking or running down the hall and we weren't even in a high-traffic area. DS even commented on the amount of kids running down the hall without us saying anything--I guess he noticed the lack of respect for others, since we always make it a point of how he should act in a hotel--it's not a playground.
The hotel is an older building with additions, which they did a great job of mixing in the same architectural style. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. This is a great place for people with LITTLE kids and they were everywhere. DS, 13, is a teen and wasn't thrilled about the kids pool because it was so crowded and LOUD--however, he would have loved the adult pool that was barely used (and maybe should be changed as another family option). Instead of going to the pool we played some mini gold and spent some time in the gaming area. But be forewarned there is Karaoke for kids in the eating area off the gaming area. I think it's great that kids can get up there and show there talent, but man, turn the speakers down -- it was more like nails on a chalkboard than entertainment.
I maybe be coming across as sounding a little grumpy about this place, but after spending more $ for this place for 2 days as we did for the 3 days at a Dearborn Hampton Inn, where we actually got to swim and sleep uninterrupted and where we got 3 passes to the Ford Rouge Tour and 3 passes to the Henry Ford Musueum - I feel like I got ripped off.
Next time we are in Frankenmuth, we will stay at a hotel chains, maybe even in Birch Run and come in for the day, enjoy the sights and then take the short drive back to our hotel to swim and sleep peacefully. I'm sure we'll even stop back here at the Bavarian Inn for a meal and to play some games and possibly indoor mini golf if it's winter.
We stayed here for the atmosphere and to be honest, it wasn't worth the extra $ to us and lack of sleep. Next time if we do want to be surrounded by kids at the pool, we'll get a day pass to Zehnders Water Park and our wallet will still be ahead.
I guess I expected more for my money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bavarian Inn Lodge is a treasure in the heart of downtown Frankenmuth - Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. Nestled on the banks of the beautiful Cass River, the Lodge is a world-class getaway destination for families and couples. The Bavarian Inn Lodge of Frankenmuth is about gathering. For generations, millions of people have come here to stay and play, to be welcomed with our home-cooked chicken dinners, delightfully cozy beds, and warm Bavarian hospitality. It's like stepping into the heart of Europe without a passport or the jet lag! •360 European-themed guest rooms, including whirlpool, family suites and balcony rooms •Indoor water park with four indoor pools;three whirlpools & two large waterslides.•Four tennis courts (two with nighttime play). •Three-story European-style courtyard with one indoor pool and whirlpool reserved especially for adults. •18-Hole indoor miniature golf. •The largest Family Fun Center in any Midwest hotel with 110+ video and redemption games, air hockey, and pool tables.•Two-story Children's Village play area. •Two lounges, two restaurants, two gift shops (stop in at Michael's Gift Shop to check out board games galore).•Gourmet Coffee Bar in Martha's Gift Shop.•Free live nightly entertainment including sing-a-longs and Karaoke. •Free WIFI internet with over 50 hotspots throughout public areas and in guestrooms. •An abundance of public areas for your family or group to gather and socialize. America's FIRST Living Room Styled Water Park! Yet... A couples paradise with an adult only pool and whirlpool! Oh yes... Parking is always free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bavarian Inn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Resort Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Lodge
- Bavarian Inn Frankenmuth Mi
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge Resort
- Bavarian Lodge Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Frankenmuth