“Nice place but only one visit thanks”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Oakville, Canada
“Nice place but only one visit thanks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is an "Ok" place. Guess it's good for families with the arcade in the lower floor. The room had two over sized single beds, we had to use both because there is no way two can sleep in the same bed, and we are quite small people. Nice grounds, walked the river.

Room Tip: Get a room with a king bed
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Steve W.,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry that you will not considering returning to the Lodge. Our beds are double beds that are extra long- meaning the same length of a queen or king bed. We commonly overnight 4 guests in a room. I do understand that some folks are use to King beds ans sleeping in a double-double bedded room is not the same. We do in fact offer King rooms as well! Thank you for staying with us. I hope you would consider returning and requesting a King if that fits your needs.

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,333)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel has a great staff,very good food,and a wonderful gift shop. The rooms are nice and quiet beds are frim but comfortable, a lot of hot water when needed. The game center is great for the kids, the pools are very nice. I love the adult only pool too!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Jfm116,

Thank you so much for visiting us at the Bavarian Inn Lodge! So happy that you appreciate our attempts to offer both adult amenities such as the adult pool and whirlpool but also the Fun Center activities. WE very much appreciate your sharing your experience in this forum. We look forward to your next arrival!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on 10/17/2012. My husband & I have visited Frankenmuth before but never stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge until now. (We've previously stayed at that other indoor water park.) We're glad we stayed here. The Bavarian Inn Lodge is better suited for couples, in my opinion. That other indoor water park is more geared towards the little ones. We stayed in a whirlpool suite facing the river and had our own private balcony. It was beautiful weather out that day (78 degrees) so we left the balcony door open all day & night to hear the bells ring. There's a screened door so no need to worry about pests flying in. The room was clean, the bed was so comfy my husband wants one for our house. The whirlpool was fabulous with multiple settings and options to choose from. In my opinion, the best part of our bathroom was the shower! It had a rain head and 3 separate body sprays. Heaven! The staff was super friendly and there when you needed them. They disappeared quickly when you didn't need them. For breakfast I made a special request for the Reuben Egg Rolls as I had missed them the night before and was accomodated right away. Loved them! Thank you Cindy! The pools and hot tubs were delightful. The kid pool & hot tub were warmer/hotter than the waterfall pool & hot tub but we were there off season and didn't mind as we moved to the warmer pool quickly. We did not try the adult only pool. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and kept immaculate. The walking distance to the shops & downtown are a bonus. We'll definitely stay here the next time we visit.

Dear IberstarLover,

We appreciate sharing your fun and relaxing experience at the Lodge here on Trip Advisor! We will share your kind review the appropriate teams. I too am very fond of the Reuben Egg Rolls and I just contacted Cindy, the Oma's Restaurant Supervisor and shared your story. She remembers you well and says... YOUR WELCOME!

We will keep working hard to be ready to serve again when you are ready to return!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

for the most part hotel is beautifull staff is very nice and everything ia very clean no complaints there. . But the beds are very hard all 4 of us in thw room didnt slwep well at all i didnt even go to my meeting cuz i finally started to sleep. For the money beds should be way better..

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Mkubiak,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Lodge and your compliments towards staff and facilities. I am so sorry that your nights rest was not in fact restful! All of our mattresses are now so I apologize that you had problems on it. Anytime a guest is staying multiple nights and has challenges on the first night, please do not hesitate to contact us as we likely can help solve that solution. We have both pillowtop and all foam mattresses and can assist you to be assigned to the opposite type upon your next reservation.

We do greatly appreciate your business and are happy to coordinate this with you in the reservation process.

Campbellsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Bavarian Inn is an awesome place to take the family or just a couple. It has something for everyone - from great service to friendly staff to game rooms and pools. If that's not enough, it's within walking distance to the quaint town of Frankenmuth, MI.

The beds weren't the most comfortable I've slept on but everything else more than makes up for that little discomfort.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear KytBear,

Thank you for your recent and past stays at the Lodge! Glad you enjoy the facilities both as a couple and as a family. I am sorry that your mattress was not comfortable for you. All mattresses are new so I am surprised and also personally disappointed they were not perfect for your nights rest. We do inventory both pillowtop and all foam new mattresses. When you re-book, we can look up your room # and book you in a room with the opposite type of mattress for you to try. thanks again for your visit and patronage!

Warren, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My fiance and I needed to get away for a couple of days and we decided to make the quick trip to Frankenmuth and stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We stayed in a whirlpool suite and were pleased that the entire suite was spotless, the whirlpool tub in the room was relaxing and the king bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and inviting. And the food at the BAvarian Inn was incredible. We will definetly be going back.

Room Tip: A river view suite has a great balcony and view.
Dear Mike G.,

Thank you for choosing the Bavarian Inn Lodge for your Frankenmuth Get-a-way. Our community is certainly known for a get-a-way experience. Glad you enoyed all that is Bavarian in our small company!

Lewiston, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was a township business trip and the first time in many years I had stayed at the Bavarian Lodge. I found the staff at the registration desk to be very friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and easy. My room was very clean, neat and comfortable. I have stayed in much pricier hotels that were not as clean or comfortable. I had three meals while there, lunch, dinner and breakfast. I was pleased with the quality of the meals and felt they were fairly priced. Every venue I visited I was greeted by very pleasant helpful staff. I never felt like this was my first trip in years, I was made to feel like I visited frequently. I will return with my wife in the near future. One more point, when I went to bed it was unlike a lot of other hotels Bavarian Lodge is very sleep friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Roger C.,

Thank you for joining us during the Mi. Townships Fire Dept. Conference. We appreciate your kind words and repeat patronage. I will share your positive affirmations of the level of service with our staff members. So happy that you had a pleasant nights sleep as well! We look forward to welcoming back you and your wife!

Jim Engel, COO
Bavarian Inn Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!