“Disappointed!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were really looking forward going here and we were disappointed. The outside is beauiful! When we got to our room after a long walk the bathroom was tiny like cruise ship tiny! You almost had to step in the bath tub to shut the door. And there was enough room in that room to have a bigger one. The room just looked dated and old not what I hoped with like hand carved wood or something. The area was neat but only took a full day to go through not days like I had read. One of the pool was located near the front desk and another a the end of the game room I would like some privacy from the general public when I swim. We were suppose to stay 3 days we checked out after 1 and I tried to change rooms with luck! The staff did seem nice! Just not what we expected

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with bigger bathrooms and have been updated
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Whitney B.,

I am very sorry that our facilities did not meet your expectations. Our bathrooms were designed by the owner Judy Zehnder. As a women whom had traveled a lot (back in the 70's and 80's) she designed the bathrooms to be family / women focused. The intention was to always allow someone to be in teh barth tub or shower and with the door closed not affect the mirror with steam. So multiple people can be bathing, doing hair, putting on make-up, etc. We have always thought of the vanity / sink area as part of the bathroom too but the door only closes to the toilet / bathroom portion.

This is one design concept that cannot be easily rectified, but we do have family suites and whilrpool suites with different designs that are in fact more spacious as it is common that more guests are in these rooms as well.

Thank you for expressing your feelings and we hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,329)
Flat Rock, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have been coming here for the past 3 years for Oktoberfest and we really like staying at the Bavarian Inn. The staff is very friendly. We like that we can walk out the Tower entrance and walk to the festival and not worry about drinking and driving. One nice thing is when you come back from the festival late they sell pizza by the slice or whole pizzas if you choose in the lobby by the elevators. (and its really good pizza too)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Heather M.,

Thank you so much for your 3 year return visit to the Lodge during Oktoberfest. It certainly is one of our favorite festivals. I agree, I love our pizza and so glad you enjoyed the special effort the Ratskeller puts out providing the pizza up on the 1st floor as guests return from the festival. We know how hungry dancing makes guests and wanted to exceed expectations in service! We look forward to your next return next September if not sooner!

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the first time that my husband and I stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge and the experience was excellent. The room was beautiful, the bed was perfect, especially the 5 pillows that were on the bed. The balcony was huge with a great view of Heritage Park. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a very nice hotel. The staff was wonderful and pleasant and the check-in and check-out process was easy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kiki48910,

Thank you for your kind review after this your first stay at the Lodge. So glad you enjoyed the experience! We just recently finished the conversion of 5 pillows on every bed in the hotel to offer both firm and soft pillows so each guest can select the best pillow for their comfort. I will share your positive feedback with housekeeping!

We hope you will consider returning again in the near future and telling all your friends about your great experience as we don't sell out every day!

Redford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great accommodations, friendly staff that go over and above. We have stayed here several times and plan to go back. We went for Oktoberfest and had a great time. Our room was very comfortable with a great view. Service at Oma's Restaurant in the Lodge was great and so was the food.

Dear Kirsten C.,

Thank you for experiencing Oktoberfest in Frankenmuth and including the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We appreciate your loyalty and your compliments towards Oma's Restaurant within the Lodge. We look forward to your next arrival!

Saline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our approximately 70 stays at the Bavarian Lodge in Frankenmuth have resulted in many happy experiences. My wife and I have celebrated our Birthdays for many years while staying at the Bavarian Lodge and dining at the nearby Bavarian Inn which offers an excellent chicken dinner that seems to taste better on each occasion. We think so highly of our pass experiences that we arranged to invite our family to the lodge and inn to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. A wonderful time was had by all! We are members of the Perks Club and have already made reservations for January 1 thru January 3 of 2013. The facilities at the lodge and inn are perfect for celebrating special occasions.

Room Tip: We have enjoyed first floor room nearby the adult pool.
Dear Maury T.,

We are very humbled that you have spent over 70 visits with the Lodge since we opened in 1986. congratulation on 50 years of wedded bliss and for bringing so many members of your family along to enjoy each other and Frankenmuth.

So glad you continue to enjoy the benefits of the Perks club as over 18,500 other families do! We look forward to seeing you in January. In the meantime, have a wonderful Fall and Holiday Season. Merry CHRISTmas to you early!

Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I feel that it is my home away from home. The reservation staff talks to me like I'm one of the family. I go to relax and enjoy a stress free weekend. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. I love Omas and the Bavariann Inn Restaurant. I have been a Perks member for many years now and appreciate the gift certificates that I earn . I save them for my next trip and use them at either the lodge or the Bavarian Inn. Thank you for a wonderful experience every time! Pam S

Room Tip: If I stay one night I pick a standard room. If I stay longer I like to stay in the whirlpool suites...
Dear Pam S.,

Your loyalty is humbling and we will keep working hard to evolve and help you have fun every time you return Pam. Glad you enjoy various room types when you visit. Thank you for dining both on-site and at the world-famous Bavarian Inn Restaurant across the Covered Bridge. The Perks Club certificates you referred to are good for 13 months so don't let too many months pass without a visit! We look forward to your next arrival. Please ask for me at the Front Desk to say hello!

Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had visited Frankenmuth many times but never stayed overnight. This year my husband and I stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge while visiting Frankenmuth for Oktoberfest. The Lodge is in walking distance to not only the Oktoberfest but all other shopping, etc.. in Frankenmuth. The staff were friendly and helpful and the Frankenmuth Pizza at the Lorelei Lounge was amazing! Martha's Gift Shop has terrific coffee! The entire hotel was clean, quiet - I can't say enough good things about our stay. My husband and I are already planning to spend next year's Oktoberfest at the Bavarian Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jennifer51176,

We are honored to have you as a first time guest to the Lodge and so happy that you enjoyed Oktoberfest. We enjoy celebrating our heritage thru this longstanding festival but at the Lodge, we enjoy it every day year round. So glad you enjoyed the theme we offer and the pizza we serve in the Lorelei Lounge and other locations in the Lodge. So glad you are considering a traditional journey back to the Lodge. We hope you will consider one of the many other festivals offered as well!

We look forward to serving you again!

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!