Was here recently for a weekend conference. Having been to Frankenmuth Michigan many times, I expected the Bavarian Inn to be a nice hotel, and I was not disappointed. Our room was pleasant, the restaurants great and the people in charge of our conference area were helpful. The adult pool area looked quite wonderful, although I never had a chance to use it. I would like to go back and try it out. The hotel is set back from the town just enough to give it a feeling of spaciousness - love the wooden bridge that we had to cross to get to it. The hotel provides a shuttle to the downtown although it's really a short walk.
I would have given this hotel five stars except for two incidents. One - One of the front desk people was not that friendly. Also, one of our presenters was told he had to check out at 11AM just like everyone else. Most hotels/motels let presenters wait to check out until after their last session, especially if it's an early session which this one was. We requested that he could check out at 1PM but were told "no". Also, we were told we could store some equipment in a room free-of-charge by the conference coordinator. However, when it came time to do this, we were told there would be a $50 charge. The coordinator wasn't available - it was another hotel staff member who said this even though no one was using that room at the time. Now that I come to think of it, I wonder if the same person was responsible for all these slights.
All in all, though, I do recommend this hotel. I think families with children would really enjoy it. Looked like a lot to do with kids in tow.
There's a nice cafe, a well-stocked gift shop and a nice bar that has a full-service menu and a patio with music on weekends. The group I was with spent an evening on the patio and the music was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bavarian Inn Lodge is a treasure in the heart of downtown Frankenmuth - Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. Nestled on the banks of the beautiful Cass River, the Lodge is a world-class getaway destination for families and couples. The Bavarian Inn Lodge of Frankenmuth is about gathering. For generations, millions of people have come here to stay and play, to be welcomed with our home-cooked chicken dinners, delightfully cozy beds, and warm Bavarian hospitality. It's like stepping into the heart of Europe without a passport or the jet lag! •360 European-themed guest rooms, including whirlpool, family suites and balcony rooms •Indoor water park with four indoor pools;three whirlpools & two large waterslides.•Four tennis courts (two with nighttime play). •Three-story European-style courtyard with one indoor pool and whirlpool reserved especially for adults. •18-Hole indoor miniature golf. •The largest Family Fun Center in any Midwest hotel with 110+ video and redemption games, air hockey, and pool tables.•Two-story Children's Village play area. •Two lounges, two restaurants, two gift shops (stop in at Michael's Gift Shop to check out board games galore).•Gourmet Coffee Bar in Martha's Gift Shop.•Free live nightly entertainment including sing-a-longs and Karaoke. •Free WIFI internet with over 50 hotspots throughout public areas and in guestrooms. •An abundance of public areas for your family or group to gather and socialize. America's FIRST Living Room Styled Water Park! Yet... A couples paradise with an adult only pool and whirlpool! Oh yes... Parking is always free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavarian Inn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Resort Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Lodge
- Bavarian Inn Frankenmuth Mi
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge Resort
- Bavarian Lodge Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Frankenmuth