“Stayed for a few days on business and was very happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stayed for a few days on business and was very happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Came in on business this week and didn't know what to expect. I guess I expected to have kids running up and down the halls keeping me awake all night but to my surprise that was not the case. The room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was pretty tiny but overall I was happy with our accomodations.

The grounds are nice and well maintained. The amenities are geared mostly for the family demographic but it's also a great place to go as a couple and spend a few days. The food is excellent if you aren't looking for fancy cuisine and I really don't care that fried chicken isn't a german dish. It was really good. The food that they catered for the conference I attended was also excellent. The town itself is very charming and everyone I encountered while I was there were very nice and helpful. One last thing I probably should mention is that I live in Las Vegas and have a pretty high standard when it comes to hotels. I wouldn't consider myself a pretentious snob but I am pretty picky. I would highly recommend spending a few days here if you ever get a chance.

Room Tip: I asked for a river view room. Which was nice and quiet and did have a nice view of the river. I w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear John W.,

Thank you for your kind words and I do give great merit to your standard in hotels as I have stayed in many of the fine Las Vegas properties! Thank you for your comments on enjoying our chicken. I think if anyone asked a resident of German if Chicken is prepared or served in Germany, they would of course, say YES. Early German settlers began serving the family style chicken dinner with all the trimmings in around 1890 in our community. SInce they were from Germany and were serving the then new concept to guests, it is a dish served by Germans to all visitor's of Frankenmuth. The same holds true today.

We do try hard to manage noise in halls both with signage in elevator lobbies stairways but especially thru the staff who spend time in public areas each night. I am glad we had great success on your behalf. Thank you for being an Ambassador for us from afar!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,333)
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Bavarian Inn Lodge was wonderful! We stayed there while visiting Frankenmuth and had so much fun. The pools were great and my family really enjoyed spending time in each one. Our room was on the same level as the Family Fun Center, which made it easily accessible to get to and from the game area, the pools, and the miniature golf course. The chicken dinner at Bavarian Inn was fabulous, and Oma's Restaurant served a delicious breakfast. I would recommend anyone visiting Frankenmuth to spend time at Bavarian Inn and join the Perks Club too. We've already received our first check and look forward to visiting again later this year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Family Fun Center level make it easy for parents traveling with kids looking to utilize...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rachel G.,

Thanks so much for traveling up to Frankenmuth from Sterling Heights. Glad you like the Fun Center Level guests rooms for quick access to the Fun Center or River side! We appreciate your business and trust in our staff and facilities!

Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Bavarian Inn is a truly awesome place to stay! There is something fun to do there no matter what the age of the person is without ever stepping outside! The rooms in the Inn are kept very neat and clean and the staff is very gracious. We had the most wonderful server at Oma's-Amberly. She was very kind, and worked very hard to make sure we had everything we needed.I would definitely go back and ask to have her again.Also, the food was very good.
Frankenmuth is a fun getaway for us since it is only about 4 hours from our home.The whole town is beautiful. Shopping is so much fun! It is such a treat to walk through the stores and get to taste freshly made fudge and taffy.There is nothing more fun than Bronners!!!!That alone is worth the trip and you don't have to be a kid to enjoy this store with all the sights and sounds of Christmas.It is a beautiful sight at night to drive through the parking lot at night to see all the lights! Frankenmuth is truly a place everyone needs to enjoy at least once in their life!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms gives a beautiful view of downtown Frankenmuth and all the lights.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanda P
Dear Wanda P.

Thank you so much for having fun with us at the Lodge. I am so appeciative of your kind words on our gracious staff. That is a wonderful word and I will express to them at an upcoming meeting of your explanation! I am glad you enjoy our entire community and look forward to your return!

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Bavarian Inn Lodge is a great family getaway. My family had an awesome time. We had so much fun in the Family Fun Centre, the pool and playing mini golf. I would recommend this hotel to any family who would like to getaway and have F U N !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear unhappyCustomer,

Thank you so much for your August 2012 post on this site. I somehow neglected to thank you back then and can now see on the site any reviews I did not respond to previously - my apologies for the delay!

So glad to see that your log-in name to this site has nothing to do with your stay here! Thank you for making your international trek to Michigan and we are so happy to see that you had FUN visiting us. We wish for the opportunity to be in your family tradition to visit again in the future!

Vielen Danke (with much thanks!)

Sarnia Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been going to the Bavarian Inn Lodge for more than twenty years. When our children were younger we got a Family Suite and explored the five pools, mini putt putt course and played in the arcade. The kids loved it here. There is so much to look at and to do with children. We joined PERKS CLUB which is wonderful since they send you coupons in the mail based upon the money that you spent while there. The club also gives special rates to members which made it more affordable with our family. We just stayed here for my birthday in early August and it was so relaxing! The adult pool has rooms around it, low lighting, less chlorine in the pool, and no children. I love kids, we have eight, but peace and quiet is so nice in a hotel.There is also an outside area and we pulled a lounge chair into the sun so we could dip in the pool and then return to the sun. The Bavarian Lodge has lots of land so I wish they would consider an outdoor pool! The staff is so helpful and friendly! The gardens and flowers are stunning! We have never been to Europe but it is easy to imagine that you are in an alpine setting at this gorgeous hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms near the adult pool on the lower level are quiet but can only be used if you have no child...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear MmeMinou,

Thank you for your 20 years of patronage! We should likely use you in a commercial! With eight children over those years, you must be a saint to bring that many here for so many years. So pleased you get some peace and quiet time for yourselves with us now. Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that the Perks Club Rates have been helpful in making your visits so consistent. We look forward to your next arrival!

Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge
madisonville,ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My grandkids have said "Nana this place is the best fun ever" they loved it, we will definitly be back again &again, they have everything you need for kids to have fun under one roof ! 5 pools ,3 hot tubs, the whole bottom level is either arcades ,playroom ,mini golf or pools, wonderful place !

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice, once with Just my mom & sister, so room was over the adult only pool...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear LovingRoadTrips:

Thank you so much for bringing your grandchildren to create memories at the Lodge. So glad you enjoy them at our venue / location! We greatly appreciate your business. I have been with the Lodge 26 years since we opened and look forward to meeting you and your grandchildren upon your next return!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Bavarian Inn Lodge is my favorite place to go with or without the kids. We went July 31,2012 for two nights for the first time without our sons. i enjoyed the adult only pool and whirlpool. The food at Oma's was very good and I'm planning on coming back by October. We walked to the shops downtown and went to Riverside mall. We took the Bavarian Belle Riverboat tour and it was so relaxing. We fed the ducks by Cass River from the grounds of the Bavarian Inn. My only regret was I didn't book my room for a longer stay. It is so quiet and peaceful I always sleep like a baby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Beatrice,

So happy that you had a relaxing stay without children this last time and glad you have fun with them too in the past! Relaxation isn't always so easy these days, so we are tickled that your escape to Frankenmuth and the Lodge does the trick for you. Thanks so much for being here!

Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!