“My Bavarian Inn Stay”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I always love my stay at the Inn and would recomend it to anyone. there is lots of things to do and always fun.
I will keep going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thanks "TheDaler" we appreciate your frequent stays and look forward to your return... hopefully during this wonderful summer!

Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Inn Lodge

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our family loves to visit Frankenmuth. Whenever we go, we stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. For us, there is no other option! Our children (who are between the ages of 3-8) love the pools, game rooms, indoor mini golf course and the children's play area. My husband and I like that we could spend our entire stay in the hotel and never run out of things to do! From Oma's Restaurant and the Lorelei Lounge to the Ratskeller and the hotel's gift shops, there really is something for everyone!

The staff is phenomenal. Not only do they provide assistance upon check-in, but they also make it a priority to make your stay as pleasant as possible, whether it is providing extra towels and bedding or ensuring "Sleepy Time in Frankenmuth" remains quiet for those who turn in a little early. Not once in our more than 25 stays have we passed staff members in the hallways without them offering a smile and greeting to us. They truly make you feel as if you are a part of their family.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and each provides a glimpse into the history of a local area family. The rooms are decorated with photos and other artifacts given to the Lodge by the families. Each room also provides a small refrigerator.

The grounds are cleanly kept and offer visitors a relaxing stay. You could stroll down by the Cass River or visit the community park, which is adjacent to the Lodge. We love to stroll from the Bavarian Inn Lodge across the Wooden Bridge to the Bavarian Inn and Castle Shops or River Place (both a 5 minute walk), though there is also a shuttle to provide transportation if so desired.

With over ten years and 25 stays in Frankenmuth, we really cannot accurately put into words how much a part of our family this place has become. Hopefully, it can become a part of your family, too.

Room Tip: Our kids enjoy the balcony rooms, whether or not they overlook the River.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Mandy H.,

First, my apology for not responding to your guest survey on Trip Advisor sooner. I have learned that some reviews don't appear immediately on the site and now learned I can go back quickly and see any posts that have not been responded to. So please excuse the delay!

Wow, your words of admiration towards our staff is priceless in motivating our team to keep helping families to have FUN here! I will share your kind words with them at an upcoming meeting. Thank you also for the kind words on the histories in the guestrooms. That was a concept that was important to Judy Zehnder our President two years before we opened the Lodge. We put great energy into meeting with all the local families and generating the histories to b placed in "their" room - as they have commonly been called by local families.

We hope to be a part of your families tradition for the next 25 years as well!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn guests for 36 Years -

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is our second year for spending a Memorial Day weekend at Bavarian Inn Lodge. The staff at the Lodge all very friendly and helpful. The Lodge is close to downtown Frankenmuth and there was always something going on, especially the weekend we were there, Dog Bowl and the Hot Air Balloon Race and Balloon Glow. What a Great Weekend. Thank you

Room Tip: A room with a balcony over the Cass River.

Dear Sheri B.,

We so appreciate you being a part of the hot air balloon event weekend in Frankenmuth. The Dog Olympic based events together with Hot Air Ballooning makes for great activities from sun-up to sun-down each day of the weekend. We hope to be apart of these events for many years to come. Thank you for your loyalty to the weekend and the Lodge !

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I love to visit Frankenmuth each it was our first time here and our favorite hotel is the Bavarian Inn Lodge. The hotel has old world charm, very professional well trained staff, comfortable beds. The restrurants had plenty of food portions, and service was on the spot. Great to talk a walk around the grounds, see some nature and just relax in the wonderful view. We'd suggest a room with a view of the river.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ralph,

Thank you so much for your kind words on our staff and the Lodge foodservice! I am so very proud to have grown-up in this company and am proud of our spectacular team! We hope to earn your return visit & hope to hear updates on your stays in the future on this site!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Staff and Receptionist were always pleasant and smiling. Game rooms lounges and pool areas were neat and clean and accessible. Beds were comfortable and the four pillows were excellent two soft and two firm... We had a great stay...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear BurchBurchard,

Thank you so much for our kind words on the public areas as well as the guestroom during your stay. Glad you love our pillow system as much as I do! We hope to be part of your future stays as well when visiting Friendly Frankenmuth!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

There was so many things going on the whole weekend! The Balloon racing,and glowing,The Bike racing and gran fondo ( long ride) to live music at the outdoor tavern,and many others like the big paddle boat rides.And the food was great!

Dear William K.,

Thank you for taking in so many of the special events that help kick-off Summer in Frankenmuth! We hope you can make it a traditional visit with us each year!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge many times, most recently for the Great Lakes Regional and Michian State Hot Air Balloon Championships and always receive excellent service. Every staff member I have encounted is friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work Bavarian Inn Lodge!!

Dear P Stiglich,

Thank you so much for being a part of our hot air balloon events when you are able! It is my most FUN weekend of the Summer and I am so pleased to share it with you and all our guests - - hopefully for years to come!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#3 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!