“rooms and fun center”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Troy, Michigan
“rooms and fun center”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The rooms are nice and clean,but as they are offered to all kinds of people of ethnic /religious background,I was surprised to see a religious picture that might offend other religions.I think hotels should be a place for all people and their believes should be respected.
Another point,are the few flags that are hanging on the walls of the fun center?why only 3 or 4 flags of certain countries are there while we have as of today 193 countries in the world?

Room Tip: request a room that looks on Cass river.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thanks so much for your comments and questions about the theme you experienced within the Lodge guestrooms and Family Fun Center. Judy Zehnder-Keller is so very proud of the heritage of the Zehnder family and the original settlers of Frankenmuth. Every room is named after a local German family and "their" family history of leaving Germany and immigrating to this area is depicted in every room in the hotel. Since the community was founded by German - Lutheran settlers, some of the early documents and imagery link to their religion such as wedding and birth certificates. Regarding our Family Fun Center, we significantly celebrate our German Heritage via murals, flats and signage from our sister-city Gunzenhausen Germany. The flags you speak of are of their city, region and of course Germany itself - all celebrating our them and origins. I hope this helps explain our rationale to you!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
Toronto
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was our second time staying at tha Bavarian Lodge after an absence of 7 years. Again, we were not disappointed. The reservation process was flawless; check-in easy by an exceptional staff. The room was clean and as expected. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We shouldn't wait as long between stays,

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on the river provide a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Freedom50plus
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for your return visit! Yes, we agree, seven years is too long between visits! Thank you for your kind words on cleanliness and the staff. We will share them at an upcoming company wide meeting! I hope they motivated you to shorten the pattern of your visits!!!

washington township
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I wanted to let everyone know of the wonderful front desk experience I had when checking into the Bavarian Inn Lodge. In a day and time when employees just go through the motions of their day we met Deborah. My 82 year old mother is in a wheelchair. When I made my reservations over the phone I was told that the hotel has wheelchairs for rent. Now we did not have to drag our own from home with us. When we got to the hotel and found out that the wheelchair could not be taken out of the hotel, my heart just dropped. Then came this fantastic women Deborah to the rescue. She saw that we were in a real bind and bent over backwards to help us out. Our vacation would have been ruined without her help!!

1 Thank mary a
Deb, at our Front Desk was tickled to see your comments about her helping you out. She was pleased to help... as she does for so many guests. No question - she is a gem to our guests every day! So glad you spent time here with your mother. we hope you can return again soon. We not only rent wheelchairs for a nominal fee, we also rent battery powered chairs by "Amigo" for a nominal daily fee. I hope this may help your mother more upon your return!

Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our multigenerational family of 11 people spent Labor Day Weekend at the Bavarian Inn Lodge and visiting Frankenmuth. Staff of the Bavarian Inn Lodge are friendly and are willing to help in any way they could. We were able to check in early, get reservations for Sunday Brunch and have seating for 11 at breakfast. When one of our group could not tolerated the high humidity in the pool/brunch room, we were able to eat our brunch food in another restaurant. Food for the Sunday Brunch and at Oma's was very good. We were able to view a 3:30 p.m. football game in the lounge that normally does not open until 4 p.m. but opened early to meet fan needs. Our grandchildren greatly enjoyed the pools, arcade games, and miniture golf.
Our only criticisms of the Bavarian Lodge is that the beds are full size not queens, flat sheets are used which do not stay in place and pillows are very hard.

Room Tip: We got a discount by reserving five rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with your entire family in 5 guestrooms at the Lodge. I am pleased that you found the staff to be very accommodating and that your 3 generations of family enjoyed the amenities within the Family Fun Center and the Lounge. i hope we can start a family tradition for you as we have with so many guests repeating the same time annually!

We do a flat sheet intentionally as opposed to fitted sheets. Our sheets are ironed which is difficult to do with fitted sheets. We will remind housekeeping of the proper procedure of tucking the sheet which should make it stay in place for almost all guests.

Thanks you again and we hope to see you back again soon!

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The lodge is big and your pocketbook better be as well. It's the little things that make a difference. I found it funny but sad that the inside cover of the room information book had a page dedicated to how the lodge was started and that Mrs. Zenhder went into the lodging business because her travels with her kids helped her discover things that would make a stay better. Well, my suggestion is stay in your own lodge. Pillows are as flat as pancakes, don't try to get more they are flat too. Buffett food is not good. Biscuits were as hard as hockey pucks. Bathroon soap is cheap, fell apart after two people used it. One very small shampoo no conditioner. Don't want to swim in the pools from 11:00 to 1:30 they are closed. So, we visited the arcade. They have a wax dipping area to get a wax impression of your hand. My 12 year old had to have one. We were told to come back after 1:30 they were starting lunches and couldn't help us. Tried to order a pizza from an outside vendor and the vendor stated and I quote, "We aren't allowed to be on the grounds of the hotel, they might lose a buck or two. You are on your own." Valet parking is non existant and I would have paid for it. My husband has a broken leg and hotel staff help was nowhere to be found even though they walked right past him in the lobby. It's the little things that do mean a lot. The hotel is in it for the money. Long ago it might have been different, but if you know what you are in for and accept it then your stay will be fine. If you really want to feel like you matter, go somewhere else. The grounds are beautiful and the location is good. The shuttle however, goes to the inn restaurant and nowhere else. They might lose a buck or two.

Room Tip: Try to get one close to the elevator if you can't walk far.
2 Thank lisapleasant
Wow, I am very sorry...

It is not common that we let down a guest in so many ways. I can only wish that you would have spoken to a manager about any of your tribulations. I did investigate your situation with the staff member who was working on the was hands. It was a 2nd day employee during lunch time. They should have contacted the other employee via walkie talkie to assist you and assumed it was ok to wait until they returned shortly. I apologize for the poor training.

I know it is easy to say that we are NOT in it for the fast buck as you state... but it is true. We can't be in it for the quick buck. No company survives with that attitude. I hope you read the many other comments shared by guests here to see that this is not common. Regarding pillows, I often get complaints they are too thick or firm too. So we certainly should have had no problem bringing you a pillow to fit your needs.

I agree it is my policy to not allow outside food companies to deliver food product to the hotel. We had challenges with this years ago regarding security and safety complaints from guests in the late night hours and of course, yes we serve pizza's from two restaurants also. But we do allow guests to pick up pizza at night from vendors at the entrance. Sorry they lost the sale in not telling you that.

I have personally taken home several soaps and used them 5 days in a row without it breaking apart. More soaps and shampoos are available anytime you may need them upon request.

Thank you for your kind words about our location and the grounds. I hope our written response to your home with compensation will encourage you to return again soon.

Troy, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have visited the Bavarian Inn Lodge on Labor Day weekend for the past 6 or 7 years. It has become a tradition! The Bavarian Inn Lodge is a great place to stay when you visit Frankenmuth, Michigan, since it is centrally located and the atmosphere is comfortable. We were able to get a great rate on the weekend on the internet and, we are also "Perks" club members which also have allowed us to get rates in the past. I sat on my balcony every morning, we were able to jog on the streets and paths located close by, and we also played tennis on the courts a the lodge. My daughter is 21 and she came along with us, so we all enjoyed the adult pool so much. We had always stayed in suite, but this time we had a double room with the balcony and we loved it! We had a snack and drink on the patio while we listened to live music. It was my birthday also, so I had a coupon for free meal at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant which is part of being a Perks Club member. The flat screen televisions were a great update. Our only problem was the beds. I know this a personal preference, but they were very firm. I hope that this might be a consideration for the future updates at the hotel. Otherwise, we will be back next labor day if not before!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your tradition of staying at the Lodge on labor day weekend. So pleased to hear that we are part of your family tradition and that your grown children still want to travel with you here. We commonly have 3 generations of family visiting together at the same time and so enjoy the numerous family reunions. Glad you enjoy the many benefits of the Bavarian Inn Perks Club. Regarding the firm mattresses. We basically have 3 generations of mattresses in the hotel. We would be happy to look up your previous reservation when you book and make sure you do NOT stay in a room with the same mattress type if you felt it was too firm. None of the mattresses are OLD but the styles do change. So we would be happy to work with you on that upon your return!

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and I have stayed at this hotel several times and love it each time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are large and clean, and the river views are beautiful. It is in a convenient location for shopping and activities, and the assorted pools are great.

Both Oma's Restaurant and the Bavarian Inn Restaurant have excellent food, great staff, and good prices.

Room Tip: Join the Perks Club for special pricing
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
So pleased that you have enjoyed your repeated stays with us at the Lodge. I will share your kind comments with the staff at an upcoming meeting. The entire team thrives and gets energized by feedback from our return guests such as you.

With kind regards,

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!