“Great Hotel”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed June 14, 2011

When you Check into the Bavarian Inn Lodge, you are literally surrounded by an Authentic looking carpeted lobby with Christmas wreathes(believe it or not) a wood front desk, a purple couch, a store next door, pamphlet stand a grandfather clock and other neat things. the rooms are very nice and clean. most of them are standard; TV, clock, AC/heating unit, shower, toilet, coffee maker and microwave. On the other hand, suites are if you will more upscale with an IN ROOM jacuzzi and other neater features. There's great stuff for all agest at the lodge including. 5 indoor pools, a children's center which includes a pool for kids, a VERY hot whirlpool for mom and dad, a jungle gym-type structure. Willy's Miniature Golf, and an arcade. Two gift shops are in the hotel outside the Miniature golf area; Martha's Gift Shop and Michael's Gifts and Treasures(which you can rent mini golf equipment at). For food in the hotel, go to Oma's(German=Grandma's) Restaurant. You wont starve, plus outside the hotel, take the shuttle down to the Bavarian Inn Restaurant with live Accordion playing or go literally across the street to Zhenders Famous Chicken Dinners. Zhenders believe it or not has a supermarket that's literally in the basement. if you adults are a big beer lover, then you've certainly came to the right place. Trust me, you wont miss getting a taste of beer in Frankenmuth. Shopping is so easy, just drive yourself or take the shuttle. The castle shops are literally underneath the Bavarian Inn Restaurant. They have the "Doll And Toy Shop" shop, Court Jester's Cafe and other neat shops. They even have 2 large wooden nutcrackers and a large checker board table. What's not to like about the hotel and for that matter, downtown Frankenmuth. Why not celebrate that special day at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. They will host birthdays and weddings. In some of the restaurants, you can even get a special discount I believe. That's my review and I hope i've helped you at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank REVIEWS10161
jimengel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you for your in-depth overview of your experience at the Lodge. We appreciate your repeated visits and enjoy seeing your passion for all the Bavarian Inn Zehnder family and our team enjoy building every day - enjoyable experiences!

Jim Engel, COO / G.M.
Bavarian Inn Lodge

Write a ReviewReviews (3,802)

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Room smelled bad. Housekeeper came in at 10:00 Am while I was sleeping. They double charged me for my room. I will NEVER stay here again. I came here for a Wedding and the "President" of the Lodge was one of the Most Rudest people I have EVER met.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Marionsprings
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear MarionSprings,

First, my apology for the very late response to your review of the Bavarian Inn Lodge from 2011. We learned of a new tool that helps you see reviews you have not responded to, so I am responding nearly two years later.

I am very sorry for the challenges you experienced with your stay back in 2011. There is never an excuse for a poor smelling room. I would hope that the double charge to your guestroom was corrected at check out but I'm sorry this still inconvenienced you. I am perplexed at what the Owner of the company said or did to come accross rude. She is normally a very positive, upbeat and friendly person. She meets tens of thousands of guests each year and I have never heard this statement from a guest before. So I apologize on her behalf for whatever had happened.

We hope that you will consider a return visit and thank you for your past patronage and this review,

Reviewed June 12, 2011

We had an amazing time staying at the Bavarian Inn, there was plenty to do and see. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean and neat. The food was excellent. Im so glad we stayed there and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it was a nice get a way for a few days!

Room Tip: I chose the river side view and Im glad I did

Dear E. Mayrand,

First, my apology for the very late response to your review of the Bavarian Inn Lodge from 2011. We learned of a new tool that helps you see reviews you have not responded to, so I am responding over two years later.

That said, Thank You so much for your review and king words. We have made significant strides in replacing mattresses, adding two water slides, remodeling in most of our guestrooms, adding a four pillow (soft / firm) pillow sets to every bed and so much more.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

When we first arrived we were greeted by a woman named Deborah at the front desk. She was so nice to us. First impressions are important. The hotel was great and the pools were relaxing. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and kind compliments about Deborah and our Front Desk. She is clearly a jewel of this department and was tickled to have "made your day". We hope you can return soon!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. / GM

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth is a treasure! This was our second stay in less than a year because we enjoyed the first so much. The front desk supplied us with a list of downtown happenings and made sure we felt welcome. Yes, the rooms are a bit outdated, but they are very clean and quiet so it does not detract from the stay at all. We did not hear a single guest noise from another room during either of our stays and the airconditioner made no noise. I recommend a balcony room for quiet mornings with coffee. Ours didn't have a view, but it was still very nice to stretch out. The mini-fridge is plenty big to pack your own breakfast and store your leftover chicken dinners.

Downstairs, the kids, and dare i say many adults, had a blast in the game room. It was like chuck e cheese but better! My husband and I were completely addicted to Deal or No Deal game. A game of mini-golf was followed by an extra large draft from the Ratskeller restaurant and swimming in one of the fabulous family pools and hot tubs.

The price of this hotel is very reasonable considering the entertainment value on site. Start saving your quarters for the game room. You will be glad you did!

Room Tip: Get the Bavarian Inn emails for special updates.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hungabunga

Dear Hungabunga,

Reviewed June 6, 2011

In no way is it worth the money to stay at the hotel or eat at the restaurant. It is terribly overpriced and nothing special. Rooms are outdated. Restaurant chicken dinner is very bland and plain tasting. I was so disappointed and felt terrible that my mother spent the amount of money she did trying to give us a special weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank CLBToledo_OH

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay earlier this month. We have made many significant ongoing investments in our guestrooms with all new mattresses & large flat screen LCD TV's with wall mounts. We do have a Bavarian theme to the furniture with a blonde / pine color scheme and European styled draperies and spreads. I apologize if this made it feel dated.

I am very saddened to hear you did not enjoy the chicken. We receive continuous praise on our Bavarian Inn chicken & would love to hear from you personally as I feel something must have gone wrong. Please contact me directly to discuss this personally so we can make it right!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. / GM

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was at first reluctant to book a room at the Bavarian Inn because I thought it had the appeal of a kids palace and not a place for adults. This assumption was so wrong! We were very happy to find that our room options included a room that went directly to the "adult pool." Also, the family fun center has games that are appealing to adults and children alike. Our whole experience was excellent..from the service, to the room, and to top it all off, we signed up for the perks club the day of our arrival and cut our room cost almost in half! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank hiyapapaya

Dear Hiyapapaya,

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!