I booked an overnight stay on a Sunday night using my Perks discount. I chose a whirlpool suite because my latest Perks mailer had a blurb about their newly updated whirlpool suites, with multi-spray showers and whirlpools with lights(!!??!!)
I booked through the Perks section of the hotel website, and chose a suite that had a river view. None of the listings online specified an "updated suite", so I planned to call ahead and make sure I got one. Well, I never called, and on arrival I found out that all the "new" suites were taken or still being worked on. No big deal.....I will just have to go back and try one out !!! I did end up with a very nice suite, anyway....the whirlpool tub was actually large enough for 2 people, unlike some places I've seen that advertise "2 person whirlpool" and you could maybe fit 2 9-year-olds. Since I was by myself, it was very roomy & relaxing. The king size bed was heaven!! I had a shared balcony overlooking the river, which would probably be very noisy on a busy day, but was great for reading & relaxing on a Sunday evening.
Another great thing about a Sunday night stay is....NO CROWDS.
I have previously stayed on Fridays and/or Saturdays, which can get crazy. I had dinner at Oma's, and it was practically deserted at 5pm, while Zehnder's & Bavarian Inn were packed due to it being Sunday and a warm day to boot. I went down to use the pool at 7:30pm, and there were times when I was the only person in the pool or hot tub. There was a convention of some sort going on in the conference center Monday morning, so there were people around, but NOTHING like a Fri. or Sat.. Shopping on the main street on Monday morning was also much less hectic!
All in all, a very good experience.... next time I will call ahead and get one of those refinished suites !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bavarian Inn Lodge is a treasure in the heart of downtown Frankenmuth - Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. Nestled on the banks of the beautiful Cass River, the Lodge is a world-class getaway destination for families and couples. The Bavarian Inn Lodge of Frankenmuth is about gathering. For generations, millions of people have come here to stay and play, to be welcomed with our home-cooked chicken dinners, delightfully cozy beds, and warm Bavarian hospitality. It's like stepping into the heart of Europe without a passport or the jet lag! •360 European-themed guest rooms, including whirlpool, family suites and balcony rooms •Indoor water park with four indoor pools;three whirlpools & two large waterslides.•Four tennis courts (two with nighttime play). •Three-story European-style courtyard with one indoor pool and whirlpool reserved especially for adults. •18-Hole indoor miniature golf. •The largest Family Fun Center in any Midwest hotel with 110+ video and redemption games, air hockey, and pool tables.•Two-story Children's Village play area. •Two lounges, two restaurants, two gift shops (stop in at Michael's Gift Shop to check out board games galore).•Gourmet Coffee Bar in Martha's Gift Shop.•Free live nightly entertainment including sing-a-longs and Karaoke. •Free WIFI internet with over 50 hotspots throughout public areas and in guestrooms. •An abundance of public areas for your family or group to gather and socialize. America's FIRST Living Room Styled Water Park! Yet... A couples paradise with an adult only pool and whirlpool! Oh yes... Parking is always free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavarian Inn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Resort Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Lodge
- Bavarian Inn Frankenmuth Mi
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge Resort
- Bavarian Lodge Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Frankenmuth