This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. I primarily stay here because we can walk to the local shops easily. Although the first visit brought me back for a second visit, the second visit has me looking at another place to stay.
Our first trip, I booked two queens. I have quickly learned that my kids like to crawl into be with me so this time I booked a King bed. Well when we turned in for the night and we all crammed into bed, I laid there thinking that this bed size did not seem like the King bed I have at home. So I laid across the width of the bed to discover that the size was 66" (my height from head to heel), an Olympic/expanded Queen bed, and not a true 76" King mattress.
I tried to sleep in this smaller than promised bed but the outside noise from the loud AC units and the interior noise from the humming and rattling refrigerator wouldn't let me. At 1am, I called the front desk to inform them about the noise and the size of the bed and asked when the manager would be in. I was told the manager would arrive in the morning. So I turned on the very loud room fan in hopes of drowning out the other noises. Sigh. What a nightmare.
In the morning, I contemplated whether or not to have my kids take a photo of me laying across this "king" size bed because it was really unbelievable and I would probably need proof. However, I thought Marriott wouldn't require such means to prove a point. I was wrong.
When I checked out, I asked for the manager and I was told the manager was not coming in that day. So I proceeded to tell the front desk about that the bed in the room was not a King and the noise. She apologized about the noise but said she couldn't do anything about the bed size as it was mandated by Marriott and if I needed more room, I could have slept on the sofa bed. Wow. Okay, I will contact Marriott directly.
Long story short: Marriott was surprised about the bed size and pulled together "a team of associates" to research it. Meanwhile, the general manager of this hotel has sent me two email responses telling me I was wrong and their King beds are "78" x 80" in size. Well actually, King mattresses are 76" x 80" and had she researched that on the internet as I did at 1am after trying to figure out what the heck kind of bed was 66" wide (sorry, I'm an obsessive engineer), she would have learned that.
If you find yourself in a bed that doesn't seem like a King nor a Queen, document it. I think it is shameful to represent a "larger" Queen for a King
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth is the perfect hotel in Frankenmuth, Michigan for a business or leisure trip. Our all-suite accommodations are ideally situated in the city's quaint Little Bavaria neighborhood, a short distance from Birch Run. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Frankenmuth Hotel Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Springhill Suites