“Be careful of bed size and noise”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. I primarily stay here because we can walk to the local shops easily. Although the first visit brought me back for a second visit, the second visit has me looking at another place to stay.

Our first trip, I booked two queens. I have quickly learned that my kids like to crawl into be with me so this time I booked a King bed. Well when we turned in for the night and we all crammed into bed, I laid there thinking that this bed size did not seem like the King bed I have at home. So I laid across the width of the bed to discover that the size was 66" (my height from head to heel), an Olympic/expanded Queen bed, and not a true 76" King mattress.

I tried to sleep in this smaller than promised bed but the outside noise from the loud AC units and the interior noise from the humming and rattling refrigerator wouldn't let me. At 1am, I called the front desk to inform them about the noise and the size of the bed and asked when the manager would be in. I was told the manager would arrive in the morning. So I turned on the very loud room fan in hopes of drowning out the other noises. Sigh. What a nightmare.

In the morning, I contemplated whether or not to have my kids take a photo of me laying across this "king" size bed because it was really unbelievable and I would probably need proof. However, I thought Marriott wouldn't require such means to prove a point. I was wrong.

When I checked out, I asked for the manager and I was told the manager was not coming in that day. So I proceeded to tell the front desk about that the bed in the room was not a King and the noise. She apologized about the noise but said she couldn't do anything about the bed size as it was mandated by Marriott and if I needed more room, I could have slept on the sofa bed. Wow. Okay, I will contact Marriott directly.

Long story short: Marriott was surprised about the bed size and pulled together "a team of associates" to research it. Meanwhile, the general manager of this hotel has sent me two email responses telling me I was wrong and their King beds are "78" x 80" in size. Well actually, King mattresses are 76" x 80" and had she researched that on the internet as I did at 1am after trying to figure out what the heck kind of bed was 66" wide (sorry, I'm an obsessive engineer), she would have learned that.

If you find yourself in a bed that doesn't seem like a King nor a Queen, document it. I think it is shameful to represent a "larger" Queen for a King

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SnootiePatootie

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the SpringHill and was pleasantly surprised. We have never stayed in a Mariott Hotel before and found the place very spacious, clean and the staff was very fiendly and helpful. We had a King Suite and the room was very roomy, clean and all amenities you would need in the room.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Love the Springhill Suites in Frankenmeuth. We have stayed several times and have found the staff from the front desk to the housekeepers and the breakfast staff to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and the supplies are many. We love the location of this building, because it is within walking distance of everything except the River walk shops and Bronners Christmas shop, but they have great parking. I appreciate that the hotel is not geared to children, per se because I appreciate the quiet at times. They have adjoining rooms, which is great when Grandma wants to take the kiddies back to the hotel for a nap before dinner! All in all, a fabulous time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I searched around the area for a quality, value hotel and the Springhill Suites in Frankenmuth met my expectations easily. This property is right in the middle of the town, walking distance to the majority of the attractions and shops. (Other than the Christmas store). Upon check-in, the staff was very friendly and attentive, and explained the amenities of the hotel as well as the procedure for the free breakfast. The breakfast was typical of this type of hotel, but all items were fresh and tasty, and the buffet area was kept very clean and well stocked. The room, a King Suite, was very clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was easily kept at a level that felt good. The bathroom/tub/shower was also very clean and well stocked. Maintenance was going on in the parking lots but this in no way detracted from what was a very pleasant stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for only one night, and really wish that we could have stayed another. I was a little worried as it ranked number 5 of 7 hotels in the Frankenmuth area, and I will admit I do use the tripadvisor rankings/reviews alot when travelling, but I have always been happy with the Marriott chain, so I decided to give it it try, and was very happy with our decision, yes we stayed in the suite, with Jacuzzi tub for any extra $30, but it was well worth it. The room was large, spacious, the bed was great, fridge was ice cold when we arrived, didn't hear anything in the halls, (and we were even next to the ice machine, nothing!) The morning breakfast was pretty much anything that you would get at a local restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpful to the area. I would with no hesitations stay at this location/chain in the future!!

2  Thank Goody115
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very clean and inviting. The friendly personnel made us really feel at home. The rooms are very good size with very clean and comfortable beds of all sizes. Indoor swimming pool and exercise room. Free hot breakfast in the morning. Perfectly located on the main street where every thing is. I would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend to others.

1  Thank Yiota T
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The room was clean enough that I didn't get grossed out when my 1 year old crawled all over the place. The 2 queen suite was roomy and well laid out.

The hot breakfast was one of the only meals my 3 year old happily ate during our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!