“Ideal stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Macomb, Michigan
“Ideal stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. First time and we would definitely recommend to others. The hotel was quiet, clean and beautifully decorated. The decor is very modern and has gorgeous framed art - not your typical cheesy stuff. The shape of the room was a bit askew with some funky corners. Breakfast was simple - nothing fancy, but the food was good. Front desk staff was very helpful and assisted us promptly. Pool was on the small side and a bit cool. Hot tub was nice. Can't beat the location - directly across the street from the Frankenmuth Brewery and a 10 minute walk to the Riverwalk shops.

Room Tip: Ask for the top (3rd floor). We stayed in the last room down the hall and it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OriginalFrau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Redlands, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here one night and loved the stay once again. We had stayed here previously and it was as good if not better than before. The staff is friendly and greets everyone who moves within hearing distance of the desk. We asked for a ground floor room and it was absolutely no problem. They even asked if we needed help with our bags and they don't have a bellman. The rooms were clean and well equipped with a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, desk, couch, bed and nice bathroom. The water pressure was good in the shower. Every floor has an ice machine. There is an indoor pool and gym, neither of which did we use. The breakfast was good and typical Springhill Suites, eggs, sausage (link and patty), biscuits, gravy, cold cereals, oatmeal, bagels, English muffins, toast, two types of muffins, coffee, orange juice, tea, apple juice, milk, waffles, yogurt, etc. It is located very near shopping and restaurants, all within walking distance. This is a place I can highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor is very good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank onlyleigh
markham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We checked in, went to the visitor's center. They have a coupon book with a coupon for a free upgrade to your room. We returned to find out that we could NOT get the free upgrade because we had book thru booking.com.
I don't know why that made a difference, there were only 18 cars in the parking lot & the hotel was really empty.
Room was okay...but yes, we did have noisy neighbours. How could we be placed in a room with noisy neighbours, when the hotel is empty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank tauernhof
Lansing, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stay here every year when I have a conference and this is a very nice place to stay. My room was comfortable, quiet and, in some areas, very clean, but in others..not so.
The bathroom and sink areas were very clean and the products provided are from a good line. The couch in the living area was comfortable as was the bed; I slept well and had no issues with noise, at all, and the hotel was fairly full.
There were a couple of issues that I did note: there was the remnants of some sort of spray on the left side of the television and a larger area on the wall in the bedroom; I don't know what it was, didn't want to test it either.
I have a tendency to straighten out the bed every morning; when I returned the first evening, I found that my bed hadn't been touched; apparently it looked made up to the cleaning staff.
The biggest thing that I found involved the carpet. I always where socks or slippers in a hotel, just my thing. This time I had worn some white sport socks, by the end of the second evening, the bottoms were dark, I mean filthy; in my travels, I have yet to have socks this dirty.
I'm not sure what is happening with the housekeeping in the hotel; on one hand the bathroom was very clean, but in other area's it failed completely, and I don't know what to think about what was on the television and wall.
I decided to contact the manager this morning. She was on a conference call, so I left a message. My call was not returned.
Not sure what to think about this hotel at the moment. Have they grown complacent because of the high tourism rate? I don't know. We'll see if I get a return call.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JRHLansing_MI
Decatur, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just stayed at this motel last week and was not impressed at all. We were given an adjoining room (wasn't told) and we could hear everything going on next door (the people weren't loud at all). I read they had friendly staff, but we never met them. None of the staff ever smiled and when we told them about the problem with hearing everything going on next door, they didn't even apologize. We have stayed in a Springhill Suite before and the rooms were quite large...not so with this place. Wished we had stayed some were else.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bev B
Frankenmuth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

4-26-13 I called to make a complex reservation for several out of country customers. Jan at the reservation desk make this task enjoyable and easy. What a great person to work with and I know the customers will have a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Glowiak
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I would certainly stay at this hotel again. The hotel is very clean and the staff are super friendly , especially Zachary at front desk and the chambermaids especially Karen.
The hot tub and pool area is highly recommended especially after all the walking we did around the lovely town of Frankenmuth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank allycally
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
4.5 of 5 stars 388 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!