“Excellent accomodations”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great overnight stay for business in a king room. Plenty of room and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was the typical Springhill fare. Only complaint was some hair in the sink and bathroom floor area. Location along the main drag allows walkimg to restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a hotel we stay at at least once a year. The beds are very comfortable. The surroundings are very pleasing. We have always had a very clean room. There is a pool and hot tub too. You are so close to town you can walk to everything there is to see and do in Frankenmuth. There is a frig and microwave in your room. So you can keep and warm up all those chicken left overs for a snack. A free nice breakfast is included and fills you up. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. Great get-a-way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in a jacuzzi suite. The location is excellent for strolling the downtown shopping area. I really enjoyed the modern decor, the lobby was bright and clean. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice, it was not busy at all, I think I only saw one or two people in it all weekend. The gym was typical, it was small, had the basics, treadmill, elipical, weight machine, the TV didn't work in there but other than that it was clean. There were plenty of hand towels but no sanitizer to use on the machines, I would have liked to wipe down the treadmill handles and console before and after I used it.

The suite itself was nice. The only major issue we had were the sheets. I pulled them back to give them an inspection before we left for dinner and there appeared to be what looked like a blood stain - I went to the front desk and the bedding was changed right away. The next morning my husband found two small stains on the carpet that also appeared to be suspect, they also came and cleaned the area immediatly. The bed itself was a bit of a disappointment, it was a bit lumpy and the pillows were old and worn. The jacuzzi seemed a bit run down, the covers on the jets kept falling off and the on/off switches were beat up and falling off as well it was also very loud.

Overall, I would stay again. The staff were very friendly, if it wasn't for the stained sheets, I probably would not be so critical of the rest of the suite, but that was totally gross. They did give us a small discount for the issues, which was nice. I just didn't feel this property was as up to par as other Marriott properties I have stayed at.

1  Thank kori c
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed two nites on the third floor. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and shopping and a short drive to outlet malls.

Everything was very clean and new looking even though it is an older building. The staff is friendly.

We had stayed at a Fairfield the nite before and called in advance to get an earlier check-in time for this hotel. At the same time we upgraded to a King Suite from a Queen Studio. The cost remained the same. The girl at the desk was very helpful.

Or room was very nice ... and quiet. We did not hear other guests in the hall or any unusual noises. The bed was OK. It seemed to sag on either side. The lighting over the bed was a nice touch.

Three bathroom was standard. Towels were NOT soft ... I'm beginning to think none of the hotels use any fabric softener. The tub (shower) did not drain well even after I removed the plug. All shampoo, a soaps and lotions were replaced after our first nite ... some hotels do not replace them if they are still usable. The sink was placed outside of the bathroom, which was nice. The hair dryer worked well.

The "restaurant" had the usual hotel breakfast. It was a buffet style area. Nothing special. However it was very large and roomy.

There are really no cons to this hotel. The only fault I could find was minor ... the elevator moaned and groaned. You could hear it while waiting for it as well as when you were in it. The numbers showing the floors inside the elevator were so faint you could hardly see them.

This review shows a three star rating for room service only because I touched it in error...there is no room service.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if you can upgrade or check-in early. They were veer accommodating.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The location of this hotel is the best. You can go to the music festivals and run back andfoerth as needed for - us old folks - medicines and a brief rest. You can walk to just about all the stores and restaurants. The rooms are beautifully decorated with pastels in lime and turquoise blue, very calming. The breakfast was okay. Too much hot stuff that's pre-done and not enough true continental items, such as bread for toasting or English muffins (one day only). However - and it's a big one - in my opinion, it was terribly overpriced. We had decided to treat ourselves, for once, and stay in town. We won't do that again unless the prices are lower somewhere else. We stayed in Birch Hill the first time we went to the polka festival, and that's what we'll do next year. It's worth it to drive the 8 or 9 miles because you save a bundle over staying in town.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here recently on a driving trip through Michigan. First thing I noticed was the strong smell of chlorine from the pool just off the lobby. Second thing was that there was nobody at the front desk to check us in (early evening). There was no bell to ring, so we talked and said, "excuse me" a couple of times to see if somebody was in the back. Finally, I was just about to call the front desk via cellphone, when the person on duty came from a room just behind the lobby desk. He was not very friendly, and I felt that we were interrupting his break or something. Other than that, the room was nice enough and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for visiting Frankenmuth. We enjoyed walking around the town and being able to come back to our room frequently for "intermission breaks" :) The hotel itself is very clean. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (note we were there 2 hours before check in), but they promptly gave us a room which was ready so we wouldn't have to wait. We had a 2 Queen room with a very large couch and nice desk/chair. Fridge, microwave, and sink were nice perks! Another perk was the complimentary continental breakfast. Nice selection of eggs, sausage, cereals, bagles, waffles etc. Just make sure you beat the rush or it might be hard to find seating. Overall a great stay. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Newfie-K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#3 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!