“Excellent food!”

Oma's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American, German, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Oma's Restaurant is a quaint Bavarian theme Restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Oma's (Meaning Grandma's) is located within the Bavarian Inn Lodge and hosts locals and day trip visitors as well as hotel guests. It is a "best kept" secret for having short or no waits at lunch time in Frankenmuth when other restaurants are lined out the door. American and German fare are served and pizza is made from scratch to your liking! Enjoy some of the most FUN servers in the region with great food.
Grosse Ile, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Excellent food! It's nice to wander down for breakfast and not have to worry about driving anywhere! The only drawback is that the service is a bit slow.

1 Thank Anne C
Martha_Pippert, Manager at Oma's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Anne C
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Breakfast at Oma's Restaurant. I 'm so sorry that your service was alittle slow. We do monitor the time that it takes for the cooks to cook the food and the time that it takes for the server to take the food out to our guests. We talk about speed of service all the time.
Thank you so much for your comments, I greatly appreciate them.

New Lenox, Illinois
“Good Breakfast Place”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our family had breakfast at this restaurant because we were staying at the Lodge. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed their food. I would eat here again. The service was friendly and very good.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Cwillini
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I'm so happy to hear that the food and the service were very good. Thank you so much for dining at Oma's Restaurant. I hope to see you and your family again. Please ask for me the next time you visit us.

Clay Township
“YUM”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The banana bread french toast is the bomb! It is so yummy! I can't stay at the Bavarian Inn without going to Oma's for breakfast.

Dera Yum
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy dining at Oma's Restaurant. Yes, the banana bread french toast is the bomb ! We get alot of compliments on this breakfast item. I have to agree it is very yummy !
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

Dining Room manager
Omaha, Nebraska
“Delicious food! Best french toast”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My past trips to Frankenmuth have always been disappointing food-wise. However, I decided to try Oma's and now I think I have found my new favorite food destination in Frankenmuth! The food is fantastic and very tasty. I got the sausage with sauerkraut meal with cheesy potato bites, which was very good. My girlfriend got the banana bread french toast. I rarely ever care for french toast but I had a bite of hers and it was the best french toast I've ever tasted.

If there was a downside to this place it was definitely the service. Our waitress was friendly but one of our orders was wrong and it took quite awhile to receive a glass of water, etc. However, the order was corrected and all was fine. The atmosphere is a home-style German restaurant inside of the Bavarian Inn Lodge. There is a large attached bar to the restaurant that also serves the same food. Whoever is cooking the food at this place knows what the hell they are doing. We will definitely be back next year on our annual visit to Frankenmuth.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Derek R
I'm so happy to hear that you decided to dine at Oma's and enjoyed it. We get so many compliments on our banana bread french toast. Yes, our banana bread is freshly made right here at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We do sell our freshly baked banana bread by the loaf, half loaf, and mini loaf.
I'm so sorry to hear that you had alittle problem with your service, but happy to hear that the issue with your food was corrected.
Thank you so much for your comments on the cooks. I will pass this imformation on to our executive chef, Jason Wellnitz, and yes he does know what he is doing.
When you return next year, please ask for me, I would like to meet you in person.

Garden City, Michigan
“Great Meals - Perk Club Points Included”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The menu has a very fine selection of German or American meals, sandwiches or pizza. They also have a children's menus as well. One of my all time favorites are the Reuben Egg Rolls. Breakfast can be a little pricey but the service is great. And if you are a perks club member, don't forget to use your card. Those points add up quickly.