“Great food and drinks”

Frankenmuth Brewery
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is America's oldest Microbrewery and Michigan's Original Craft Brewery since 1862! Offering award-winning Ales & Lagers, fine casual fare, and a Gold Medal Taproom experience. Open for guests year-round, outdoor patio seating overlooking the Cass River is available seasonally.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to this brewery. Their drinks and food are delicious. I ordered the Hefenweizen to drink and a burger for dinner. Meat was cooked perfectly and drinks were filled at a decent time frame. I was with a large group arriving on a busy Saturday afternoon. We ended up waiting about an hour to be seated because they were so busy.
The staff is good but the second waiter who assisted us made mistakes on putting in the right order for a friend and got confused on which beer was being brought out to another friend. We were not offended because the errors were promptly fixed and provided us with the chance to try another beer we hadn't ordered.
If you like beer and good American/basic food at a good price then this is a good choice. I would go back - but see if they would take call ahead or reservations for a big group.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

If there was a rating between poor and average, I would have chosen that one. The food was average, a little overpriced for the quality. Service was good. We were seated near the window and it was chilly. We will pick somewhere else for dinner next time.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Brewery has great beer and the service is always with a smile. Oh yea good food, yummy:0)
I had just tried the new Christmas Town beer, very smooth and a reasonable price.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have been here before and returned this trip because of our positive experience the first time. My wife tried the bratwurst sandwich and fries and said it was very good. I opted for a small meat lover's pizza it it was delicious and provided us another meal when we returned from vacation. I also love beer and enjoyed sampling a few before I settled on the American Blonde. Nice gift shop to allow you to take home some of their beer, plus they sell a gift set of Frankenmuth Brewery selections at the Castle Shops below the Bavarian Inn Restaurant.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This brewery happened to be right next door to our hotel, which was a lucky happenstance! We ate lunch there one day and dinner the next. It was the opening day of their special Christmas ale brew so Santa was on the premises!
Fun place, reasonable price.