“Excellent!!!”

Frankenmuth Brewery
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is America's oldest Microbrewery and Michigan's Original Craft Brewery since 1862! Offering award winning Ales & Lagers, fine casual fare and a Gold Medal Taproom experience. Open for guests year round, outdoor patio seating overlooking the Cass River is available seasonally.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife daughter and i went to the Brewery tonight our server Markus was excellent and while we were waiting to be seated Brandon at the front kept us entertained and informed about what was happening in the town KUDOS to both. The food was top notch best described by my wife as better than the description on the menu. I have nothing bad to say about this wonderful resteruant.

Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Took a tour of how they make the beer. Wasn't as good as i thought it would be. Burgers are awesome. Beer is great. Good service, good prices.

Visited April 2013
Saint Charles, Michigan
“Micro-Breweries are the latest fad........and we've found a great one!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you're in the lovely Bavarian town of Frankenmuth MI, take a lunch or dinner break at the Frankenmuth Brewery. There you will find a wonderful selection of their latest micro-brews. You may even want to take the "tasting" test and discover which one you like the best. You will receive samples of all their brews and you can decide which one is for you. Don't forget the fabulous menu to accompany that brew. This restaurant/brewery has the best of both worlds!

Brighton, Michigan
“Good lunch, very good beer”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here at the start of a family get-away weekend. I have frequently gotten beer from the brewery (both bottles and growlers), but have never eaten here previously. Overall, I thought the food was good, the server excellent, and the overall brewery atmosphere very good.

As soon as we walked in, the smell of hops/mash cooking was very present. Some people find the smell disagreeable, but I like it, as it's the smell of beer in the making...and, after all, it is a microbrewery/brewpub, so it can't be unexpected!

We arrived at about 12:30 on a Friday afternoon, right in the middle of lunch. The place was crowded, but we were seated right away. The only wait was for a fairly large party, who was waiting for tables to be put together.

The menu had a decent selection; as befits me most trips to a microbrewery or brewpub, I ordered the beer samplers to get a little taste of everything. I enjoyed just about all of the selections (although I'm not a wheat or IPA fan, so I didn't enjoy those). For ordering, our kids got the children's cheeseburger kids' meal, my wife got a burger (I forgot the name) that had jalapeno peppers and fried onion straws, and I got the buffalo macaroni and cheese.

To be honest, I wasn't sure how I'd like buffalo sauce and blue cheese mixed with mac'n cheese, so I hesitated on ordering....I was actually quite pleased with the taste, though!! The blue cheese and buffalo tastes melded very well together with very creamy mac and cheese; I enjoyed every last bite of it. One of my few complaints, though, was that there was a miniscule amount of chicken included; I ordered the "Lunch" rather than the "dinner" serving, so I was expecting something smaller, but there were only three slivers of chicken in the dish. What was there, though, was also very good, and complemented the rest of the dish. My wife's burger was also excellent, as were the kids'.

The negatives were that the prices seemed to be a bit high for the platter sizes, although the burger was a pretty decent size. Also, we had to wait a long time for our food to show up. Our server indicated because of the aforementioned large party, the kitchen was getting backed up. To me, that seemed like poor planning for a Friday afternoon lunch period, but so be it; to the benefit of our server, he apologized for the delay voluntarily without us mentioning anything, and brought us out some pretzel roll bites "complimentary" to hold us over until the food arrived; certainly unexpected, and very much appreciated.

Overall, we really did enjoy our meal, and wouldn't hesitate to come back, for the beer and the food. (And I did walk out of there with a couple of growlers filled for the rest of the weekend.....the Red Sky Ale is their best, I think!).

Macomb, Michigan
“Good place to wet your whistle”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Freindly. Very good beer selection with decent pricing. Went back for a case and a couple souvenier glasses.

Visited March 2013