“Good for Beer”

Frankenmuth Brewery
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is America's oldest Microbrewery and Michigan's Original Craft Brewery since 1862! Offering award winning Ales & Lagers, fine casual fare and a Gold Medal Taproom experience. Open for guests year round, outdoor patio seating overlooking the Cass River is available seasonally.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Wings weren't as good as other years and female bartender not terribly friendly. Beer was good and cold, nachos piled high and tour is nice to do on a Sunday night. Very loud inside and washroom could have used a cleanup.

There are newer reviews for Frankenmuth Brewery

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We actually only went for the beer since it was nearly right across the street from our hotel. Adequate service, but the quality of the Michigan craft brews is the real story.

Get your food at one of the chicken places in town, and get some beers here afterwards. We will certainly stop by here again on our next visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Our server was a bit of a doush, he rushed us on the order and was not very attentive. However the beer and buffalo chicken was excellent.

2  Thank MetroCouple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

When places such as this are crowded and busy on a Friday and Saturday night in December, it can mean only one thing. That is the the beer and food are outstanding. I visited here three times because it was conveniently located downtown and the food was great. I recommend getting a table to eat at versus the bar as the bar gets really busy and the level of service we had at the table was outstanding. I highly recommend the Buffalo Chicken appetizers. The sandwiches and the macaroni were great! You can't beat it and it's a non-smoking establishment which was nice.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I was working in Frankenmuth one day recently and decided to have lunch someplace I have not been in a long time. The last time I visited this restaurant, it was managed by another company and it eventurally closed, then reopened. I was curious about its service and food. So, off I went.

I chose to have a hot chocolate and the luncheon size Macaroni & Cheese which consists of: Our house recipe four-cheese blend atop bowtie noodles sprinkled with bread crumbs, butter, parmesan and parsley. 8.99. It was excellent. Just the right size portion. The hot chocolate-not so good.

Service was good. Nothing to write home about. Waitress was very friendly. The hostess was rude. The restaurant has three levels and 2 or 3 outdoor decks. A great place in the summer, with views of the Cass River, the park across the river and the riverboat as it winds it way down past the park. There is a small gift shop at the front. Parking is extremely tight but there is additional parking across the road. Directions given on a sign in the parking lot. Nice touch.

Beer is king here, and though it was only 11:10 AM when I arrived, there was a lot of people there, enjoying their beer already. They offer a 20 minute tour, and I would take it on another visit. Decor-very cool!

Recommend for lunch.